Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Erkolos
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 May 2007, 12:28 pm

Aspies are sociopaths because they disregard social situations for sheer pleasure. I've seen the threads, how you berate everybody else. You know, the symptoms are consistent, such as praising yourself, disregarding social rules and customs, thinking your too good to be touched, etc.

I hope Cure Autism Now is successful.

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 12:30 pm

LOL

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 12:50 pm

Erkolos wrote:
Aspies are sociopaths because they disregard social situations for sheer pleasure. I've seen the threads, how you berate everybody else. You know, the symptoms are consistent, such as praising yourself, disregarding social rules and customs, thinking your too good to be touched, etc.

Let me ask you something, Erkolos. I have gone out of my way to try and be a friend to some of these people. I have tried staying out of arguments and helping those who are depressed. Now does that make me a sociopath? Second, Asperger Syndrome mainly hampers our ability to properly communicate with other people. Now, I'm not trying to bash you, but the word "sociopath" is a poor synonym for someone with AS. People with AS can vary just as much as NTs. Now, I'll admit, I watch the news from time to time and hear every once in a while about someone with severe depression along with AS committing suicide or trying to kill their enemies, mainly classmates. However, by using the word "sociopath", you are describing us as people who don't care about society at all. Some of us do. I know I do. Usually sociopaths tend to turn into criminals or serial killers. Some of the worst criminals in history were sociopathic. Indeed, AS can leave us somewhat blind to social rules, but not as much as being sociopathic. I would suggest coming up with a different synonym. Anyway, I'll just stay out of this. But remember that if you have to vent, try not to take it out on other people in a way that it would hurt their feelings. :?

Phssthpok
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 May 2007, 12:53 pm

Image(don't feed the troll)

Last edited by Phssthpok on 25 May 2007, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackthorne
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 May 2007, 12:55 pm

Hahaha, get the heck out of here! :D

Spot17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 May 2007, 12:56 pm

Don't feed the troll, it will only encourage him.

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 12:57 pm

Not gonna bother reading that whole post yoshi.
But you've just been baited into a reaction.
This is excactly what people like that are desperately looking for.
They get some weird kind of enjoyment out of people getting worked up about it.
I pitty someone with a life that boring that he actually resorts to doing this.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 1:01 pm

Phssthpok wrote:
Image(don't feed the troll)

Word!

This guy gets a chubby every time you respond to him. :roll:

He's changing tactics because the picture wasn't getting him enough attention.

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 1:10 pm

Bart21 wrote:

Well, I pitty that as well. Maybe I'll just stay out of this thread than. That way I avoid an argument. But, I'm just saying that the word "sociopath" is a bit of a bum rap.

TheAspergersClinician
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 May 2007, 1:32 pm

Erkolos wrote:

I AM A CLINICIAN AND ERKOLOS IS TRYING TO PROVOKE US. HE IS A SOCIOPATH. HE IS RATIONALIZING WHY WE ARE "WORTHLESS" AND ONLY SOCIOPATHS RATIONALIZE LIKE THAT. ANY TRUE CLINICIAN KNOWS THE DIFFERENT NEURAL PATHWAYS INVOLVED FOR ASPERGERS VERSUS ANTISOCIAL PERSONALITY DISORDER. IGNORE THIS PERSON IMMEDIATELY. LET US ALL REPORT HIM, NOW!! ! WE KNOW VERY WELL WE ARE CAPABLE OF FEELING GUILT AND EMPATHY, ONCE WE REALIZE WE HAVE WRONGED SOMEONE! NOW IGNORE HIM! DO NOT WASTE ANOTHER MOMENT! I WILL HAVE HIM REPORTED! :roll: :roll:

TheAspergersClinician
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 May 2007, 1:36 pm

Bart21 wrote:

That is because he is a sociopath. They don't care how bad they make us feel when they say that. They don't care about our feelings. Sociopaths do sick things to get a rush! All they are capable of is feeling a rush. Erkolos is acting sociopathic.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 1:36 pm

Bart21 wrote:

I too "pity da fool."

Eller
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 1:41 pm

Feeding the troll is fun...
*throws some bread crumbs*

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 6:43 pm

While trolls stink, I did want to point out for anyone reading this thread that:

Asperger's is almost the EXACT OPPOSITE of a sociopath in every way. Having AS is about as far as you can get from being a sociopath, although I suppose it's possible to be both (maybe?)

I agree with TheAspergersClinician-the troll is the one who seems to be more likely to be a sociopath, not anyone with AS.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 6:47 pm

Wolfpup wrote:
While trolls stink, I did want to point out for anyone reading this thread that:

Asperger's is almost the EXACT OPPOSITE of a sociopath in every way. Having AS is about as far as you can get from being a sociopath, although I suppose it's possible to be both (maybe?)

If you mean that sociopaths are usually glib and charming, then I agree! Aspies are pretty far removed from sociopaths that way.

I had a friend who was a sociopath. It's scary how they can suck you in and manipulate your feelings, even warping your morals. He truly enjoyed what he termed "destroying people emotionally", but somehow still managed to have a large pool of friends because he was incredibly charming, and a lot of fun to be around a lot of the time. At least if you weren't currently his target. I'm glad to be rid of him.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 7:00 pm

Erkolos wrote:

Are you an aspie? No, i thought not. You can't even begin to understand what we go through on a daily basis. We do not choose to be this way. We are chosen to be this way by the unrelenting science of genetics. It is something you cannot understand, because you are not Aspie.

Nevertheless, even for you, that was a low blow. Imagine if you were paralyzed and couldn't walk, and someone called you lazy and said you could walk, but chose not to.

No, i take that back. Someone like you could not begin to comprehend what that would feel like, especially if you were heartless enough to do the deed yourself.

Die, scum. Die now. It would be more merciful then the fate i have planned for you.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.