Page 4 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2016, 2:31 pm

The x files! Damn, I had to say it. Like I could find a nuts geek like me, not jusr a shipper, someone who actually knows the episodes (early seasons a +), huge adventure, that great ambiance/photography in Vancouver, how twisted funny it is, good characters including guests +++
Not finished renewing boxes, but I found a S3, dvds are brand new, for 7 bucks. Now I have S 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7 new boxes.

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

Jo_B1_Kenobi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Aug 2016, 11:24 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I want to go into Outer Space!

When I need to feel calm I often imagine that I'm the sole crewmate of a large space freighter and I'm lying in my bunk listening to the engines and aircon humming while I'm a million miles from anywhere in deep space. Perfect peace!

Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ICD10)

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 11:44 am

Man City football team
International cricket
Twin Peaks
Words/Synonyms

But I don't consider these to be 'special' interests; they just seem to be what I follow, research and watch. Following sport seems to be an interest I have inherited from my father, but I don't strictly feel connected to it myself.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 12:17 pm

Jo_B1_Kenobi wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I want to go into Outer Space!

When I need to feel calm I often imagine that I'm the sole crewmate of a large space freighter and I'm lying in my bunk listening to the engines and aircon humming while I'm a million miles from anywhere in deep space. Perfect peace!

then get a load of this-
http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/spaces ... erator.php
it's a spaceship noise generator :alien:

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 12:25 pm

Been watching Pickard and crew lately with my wife - also
Playing music with others - been a year since I dropped out if a band

Sleight of hand Entertaining magic.
Family friendly ventriloquist
Lately thinking about starting a Skit group for my Church. 8)

The_Dark_Citadel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Aug 2016, 1:12 pm

Danae wrote:
The x files! Damn, I had to say it. Like I could find a nuts geek like me, not jusr a shipper, someone who actually knows the episodes (early seasons a +), huge adventure, that great ambiance/photography in Vancouver, how twisted funny it is, good characters including guests +++
Not finished renewing boxes, but I found a S3, dvds are brand new, for 7 bucks. Now I have S 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7 new boxes.

How do you feel about that Season 10 X-Files reboot?

Perplexing
Raven
Raven

06 Aug 2016, 2:09 pm

Science, Writing, Politics and most recently in specific Neuroscience.

-Nikola Tesla

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 2:36 pm

The_Dark_Citadel wrote:
Danae wrote:

How do you feel about that Season 10 X-Files reboot?

A bit odd, satisfied but I haven't "made it mine" yet. I liked ep 3 and 4 very much. And I'm a sucker for cliffhangers, so ep. 6 did it for me, in particular because there are past XF elements that could make.it solid in S11.

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2016, 4:08 pm

I am very interested in anime, Touhou, Kantai Collection, Love Live, and Vocaloid. I'm not sure if I'd class them as too 'obsessive' but they fascinate me a lot and I always like to learn more information about them.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 5:23 pm

Brandon30 wrote:
I have multiple ones, I have a lot of interests. I'm not sure if all of them would qualify as special interests though because I have so many and I get overwhelmed with some trying to do them all, so I don't dive in as to them as much. I'll call those borderline special interests.

I'm similar in that I have a large collection of interests rather a than few major ones. (While I do get intensely involved in them, I have a non-stereotypically AWFUL memory for facts and figures, so would lose in a geek-off.) I'm usually into 3-5 of them at any one time, with others fading into the background for a while.

Like, for a couple of years I was obsessively watching, reading and listening to Doctor Who; but for the last few months I've not been in the mood for it. I know my huge Who stash will get some love again soon, though. A probably incomplete list of other recurring interests:

Classical music, songwriting, science fiction novels, fantasy novels, Lego, zoology, physics, astronomy, paleontology, board games, Star Wars, Japanese fiction, Ranma 1/2, webcomics, politics, the history of obscure parts of the world, Transformers toys, writing, maps...

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 5:54 pm

DemophobicKlingon wrote:
For me, my special interests are Star Trek especially Worf and Chekov (Mostly TOS and TNG. It's a bit obviously obvious which are my favorite aliens and which species I have a bias towards xD), Star Wars especially Han Solo, animals, aliens, dogs, drawing, cats, mythical creatures,Futurama, just science fiction in general, and Pixar. I've loved animals ever since I was little. Someday I dream of owning a lot of pets. I get really obsessed with stuff and fandoms. Sometimes when I get obsessed with a fandom, usually it revolves around that character and I can't stop drawing said characters. Usually it's a character that I can connect with in some way. I also love characters who seem tough or like jerks but are really softies once you get to know them. I usually get very biased towards those characters.

I totally agree with your description of Fandoms and being obsessed (apart from the fact that I don't draw because I really can't!). I like Star Trek too (particularly Chekov, Spock, and Data! :D). I really wish I could live/work on the Starship Enterprise.

Anyway, I am interested in lots of fandoms, and often need to switch my focus because I run out of new things to learn about the fandom. I love Doctor Who and Star Trek.

My main special interest is actually Autism/ASD, and has been since I was 11 years old. Unfortunately, I am fairly running out of new information about that too.

The_Wolf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 6:44 am

Here are my top three special interests;

1. Military history
2. Firefighting
3. Writing

They have been my specific interests since I was younger and I have successfully turned two of them (#2 and #3) into careers :)

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 10:20 am

I guess I have more than one (I know I already replied to this thread, sorry) For me, I guess it would be Doctor Who, Torchwood, The X-Files, all the series of Star Trek, and cartoons and anime. I really love The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad and several animes.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 11:16 am

Used to be dinosaurs, Transformers, and Indonesian culture. Presently there isn't one specific special interest. I don't know what that indicates.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 11:45 am

I sometimes go through burnout periods where, for a few months, I lack any specific interest in things besides taking naps.

Bushmaster
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Sep 2016, 5:08 pm

History.

I read and study everything on Britain,The Empire,Rhodesia ,Germany (1871-1990), The World Wars, The Holocaust, Jewish history, Celts.

"To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be place under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonored. That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality." -Pierre-Joseph Proudhon