Comedian Jim Jefferies on his Autism Diagnosis and Vaccines

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Deathbox
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Apr 2017, 1:19 am

I thought he was really brave for working that into his sketch! I think more comedians and actors who have ASD should talk about it (obviously many have it who aren't quite ready to make that step), because it's not weird or anything to be ashamed of.

If we knew everyone's ASD / NT status, we'd all be shocked. And in a good, accepting way.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 1:26 am

I've been surfing comedy lately, and just hit on Jim's autism reveal. Like many "crying (inside) clowns," he helps me see the lighter side of my own life. It was interesting how everyone he knew confirmed the diagnosis - he was the last to know.
Re: Vaccines. These days, I think there are just far too many of them. The goal of a for-profit drug company is an expensive, sub-fatal complication. In my own case, my parents may well have noticed a withdrawal after I was vaccinated, but it would have been because my marginal trust in them had been shattered by the medical experience. Mother was on the spectrum, and did not believe in comforting children since quarantine always worked.