This is the most important election of my life because I'm autistic

Page 1 of 26 [ 403 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 4:11 pm

Sadly I can not vote in the US election as I am not an american, to me I would vote for Mrs Clinton. She is the logical person to vote for, whatever her faults she would be far better than Trump.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 8:09 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
If Trump gets elected, I damn well hope he gets impeached.

You mean like when President Clinton got impeached? :wink:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 8:26 pm

this is probably the scariest election season in a while.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 8:27 pm

It probably has the lowest level of Discourse in history!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 8:28 pm

and the most ad hominems.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 8:32 pm

Compare the 1960 Nixon/Kennedy Debates with the 2016 Debates (when the 2016 Debates arise).

You'll see what I mean.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 8:51 pm

these are "interesting times."

jolara
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Aug 2016, 9:47 pm

I am on Hillary Clinton's Disability Employment Task Force- I, like Alex, know that Hillary has a strong policy agenda for autism that includes early diagnosis, early intervention, education agenda, transition agenda, social and living, transportation, employment and over all quality of life policy.

16% of registered voters have a disability yet there is a 6% gap in those registered to vote and those who vote!
It is crucial that we get out the vote for Hillary and that Hillary win this election.
Please let's do all you can to encourage 18 yr olds with disabilities and with out to register to vote and get to the polls on Nov 8th and make their voice heard! Now more than ever! The future of America depends on it!

https://registertovote.org/
Disability Action For Hillary on facebook!

Joanne Lara
Autism Works Now!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 9:59 pm

^^^welcome to WP! :flower:

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 5:06 am

If I were in the US, I'd vote Trump. I prefer isolated liberal nationalism and gunz than globalist social liberalism.

This is from someone that's disabled from autism too.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 8:43 am

Dillogic wrote:
If I were in the US, I'd vote Trump. I prefer isolated liberal nationalism and gunz than globalist social liberalism.

This is from someone that's disabled from autism too.

Sarcasm?

untilwereturn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Aug 2016, 9:33 am

jkrane wrote:
Hillary is an evil globalist, who takes money from Saudi terrorists to fund her campaign.

She also is suffering from seizures and vascular dementia. She is unfit to serve as President of the United States. Her husband, Bill is a cocaine abusing pedophile (See Jefferey Epstein's Lolita Express Jet).

I'm for Gary Johnson of the Libertarian party. However, he lacks the support that he needs to win.

My second choice is Donald Trump, and I'm behind him 100%.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

I'm also a Gary Johnson supporter. He doesn't speak for my views in all respects, but overall I find the Libertarian platform best aligns with my own values. In the final analysis, it's more important for me to fight for the freedom of all individuals in society than to vote for someone who promises to cater to a specific group of voters (even if I happen to be part of that group that stands to benefit). I also favor a federal government that is only as large as necessary to accomplish its Constitutional role.

While I can appreciate that Hillary does seem like the best choice for autistics and people with various disabilities, I've never been a single issue voter. I like some of what Trump says, but given his bombastic, off-the-cuff, bluster I just don't see how he's qualified to lead a nation.

My Official Facebook Page

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Aug 2016, 9:36 am

I have to wonder if Mrs Clinton has any real interest in the subject other then a superficial kind of acknowledgement/lip service. When I look at her I see the empty shell of a person, a void where real beliefs and convictions should be. All jettisoned to make room for political apparatus. But then again that is most professional politicians. Still, it's less scary the the alternative.

alex
Developer
Developer

19 Aug 2016, 10:36 am

Everyone should make sure to register to vote: https://t.co/sZ5sO4V4Q1

Nine7752
Toucan
Toucan

19 Aug 2016, 11:18 am

I'm a huge supporter of disability rights and opportunity. However, both major candidates act as if the country is flush with money - when in fact we are drowning in debt. It's not a matter of taxing the rich more, but in cutting stuff across the board, including military and fighting less stupid wars.

So in an ideal world, we'd have the money for more services for everyone, but that's not the world we live in. So, I'm conflicted about advocating more money for anything.

My choice is Gary Johnson, but I also realize that the US is not likely to suddenly realize what I said above and act rationally. So, I guess, why not allocate money over here until things really blow up?

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 12:58 pm

I personally Like neither of them. Though when that happens you have to pick the best of the worst.
Here is the orders from best-worst

Hillary Clinton
    ----------------
    Donald Trump