yes 68%  68%  [ 52 ]
no 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
unsure/have alexithymia 18%  18%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 76

bethannny
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Dec 2016, 11:01 pm

Yes! A lot of these topics get me genuinely emotional, especially about people being dehumanized by their label and a fear for the future among many. I realize I'm in hot water.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 11:34 pm

starkid wrote:
Do you usually have emotions about reading and posting on this forum? Or do you mostly just feel kind of neutral?

I don't mean when you are upset and post in the Haven or when someone is trolling or saying something mean. Just regular reading and posting.

I feel sad when I read about people's suffering. I feel hopeful if I think I could help someone or share an idea. I feel engaged in good conversations or when I learn new things by participating here. Not to mention all the laughter, or the times when I feel understood. All of this is why I spend a lot of time here.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2016, 1:00 am

auntblabby wrote:
I have more emotions than what some of the relatively unemotional aspies here can handle.

That's the same with me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2016, 1:57 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I have more emotions than what some of the relatively unemotional aspies here can handle.

That's the same with me.

well then, from one emotional to another, cheers! Image

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2016, 2:53 am

TheSilentOne wrote:
I also feel happy when people talk to me in the Random Discussion forum and say nice things.

you and i both.

i get frustrated when there is a topic that arises that i would like to chime in on, but see that many others already have. when i can't think of anything new to add to the conversation, that wouldn't come off as parroting or piggybacking on someone elses post. (anyone else??)

i make an attempt to be...early. :P

this goes double when i see someone grieving, suffering or needing help of any kind here who i empathize with.

i'm reluctant to start threads of any kind, and even more so about my own problems as, no matter how much an issue may bug me, i think people's time here could be better spent on others who need it more than i.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2016, 6:43 pm

I generally dont feel any emotion when posting. But i feel like i have trouble knowing what emotions are, i can tell when im depressed or sad or angry. but nothing really more.......

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2016, 6:50 pm

^ yeah. sometimes i get feelings i can't describe with anything more than a GROANNN.

so, you gotta make words up.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2016, 6:57 pm

Yes, but the intensity and direction are greatly influenced by whatever is going on in my life.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2016, 9:22 pm

lately, the old swears just aren't up to the angst-ridden task of today, I gotta get some new swears.

SharkSandwich211
Toucan
Toucan

24 Dec 2016, 10:19 pm

I have had a few occasions where I have become very emotional because I could totally relate to what the person was talking about. A few months ago there was a thread where the individual was talking about his frustrations and suicide. I hit the "post reply" button but stared at the screen for nearly an hour. In the end, I couldn't find the words for the pep talk I had wanted to reply with... because I had felt the same way many times before and could totally understand the case that he was making and related to it in a very real way.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2016, 11:25 pm

SharkSandwich211 wrote:
I have had a few occasions where I have become very emotional because I could totally relate to what the person was talking about. A few months ago there was a thread where the individual was talking about his frustrations and suicide. I hit the "post reply" button but stared at the screen for nearly an hour. In the end, I couldn't find the words for the pep talk I had wanted to reply with... because I had felt the same way many times before and could totally understand the case that he was making and related to it in a very real way.

This happened to me the other day. I couldn't muster the words for a pep talk. :(

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 5:25 am

I sometimes feel emotions. I get a sense of intimacy and connection when talking to others here which can be nice. I get upset at how things are for many people currently as well.

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Dec 2016, 6:16 am

I dont find any of the post on WP to be emotion provoking.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 7:41 am

Its a large community, and interacting with WP is much like interacting with communities in your real life:school, work, real life aspie support groups, church, whatever. So of course you end up having emotions.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 1:15 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
This happened to me the other day. I couldn't muster the words for a pep talk. :(

i feel like i can't muster up the words for pep talks, or any kinds of talks, as often as i'd like.

of course, most other people end up saying what i would have wanted to say eventually, and then there's nothing for me to add.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Dec 2016, 9:57 pm

Pretty unemotional usually.

Also, hi. Haven't posted here in ages.