Deinonychus

25 Dec 2016, 9:57 pm

Pretty unemotional usually.

Also, hi. Haven't posted here in ages.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 10:27 pm

I hate my emotions. If I didn't have emotions I wouldn't have so many f*****g problems in life. I'd be functional.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 11:06 pm

Sometimes I go on here, and I see people posting stupid s**t, and it pisses me off. Why do I keep coming back here? Because I'm addicted to online forums. :P

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 11:55 pm

I can become quite emotional and far too open and expressive with my emotions. I, often find myself wanting to make people feel happy and cared for. I tend to want to make sure others don't feel alone, and do feel acknowledged. I have been working on staying aware and mindful of the extent to which I express myself. I never had realized that what I find to be positive emotions, can be of significant discomfort to others, therefore, I am making a conscious effort not to express every feeling I have, every desire, and would like to establish a more balanced way of interacting here.

Last edited by Britte on 16 Jan 2017, 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 12:28 am

I don't understand this whole ice cold heartlessness we're all supposed to have. In fact if I hear about it one more time, I think I may scream my head off.

Maybe it`s because I'm a female aspie, or because every one of us is different, but I tend to get some very raw emotions when on WP, like anger and frustration when I read about misconceptions and injustice, or happiness and amusement when reading or posting jokes or TV references.

When I was younger I was often scolded, lectured or even punished for being too emotional. Like any emotional distress is "wrong". :(

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 12:51 am

Most of the time I feel emotionally numb or neutral, but when I do get emotions they feel very intense.

voidnull
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jan 2017, 1:36 am

Only when I let myself. And it's taken years to get to this point of self control.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 2:16 am

Me? No, I'm Master Chief and I am a soulless husk of green armour who destroys alien civilizations.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 5:28 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I don't understand this whole ice cold heartlessness we're all supposed to have. In fact if I hear about it one more time, I think I may scream my head off.

Maybe it`s because I'm a female aspie, or because every one of us is different, but I tend to get some very raw emotions when on WP, like anger and frustration when I read about misconceptions and injustice, or happiness and amusement when reading or posting jokes or TV references.

When I was younger I was often scolded, lectured or even punished for being too emotional. Like any emotional distress is "wrong". :(

Quoted for truth. Aspies can be just as emotional as anyone else. We're still human beings, after all.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 9:41 am

I don't have enough emotions, so my family seems to claim anyway. I suppose that is unrelated here though.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 11:01 am

starkid wrote:
Do you usually have emotions about reading and posting on this forum? Or do you mostly just feel kind of neutral?

I don't mean when you are upset and post in the Haven or when someone is trolling or saying something mean. Just regular reading and posting.

Not sure I understand the question... Basically, "aside from when it would be normal to have emotions, do you have emotions?" (I guess the answer is no, but I said 'unsure', because I was confused!)

My nature is to have strong emotions, but I've learned to hide them as best as possible, because showing emotion is socially unacceptable.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 1:17 pm

Ashariel wrote:
starkid wrote:

I don't mean when you are upset and post in the Haven or when someone is trolling or saying something mean. Just regular reading and posting.

Not sure I understand the question... Basically, "aside from when it would be normal to have emotions, do you have emotions?"

No, "aside from when most people would feel something" is more like it.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 1:25 pm

starkid wrote:
No, "aside from when most people would feel more strongly than usual" is more like it.

Posting in the Haven and being trolled are supposed to represent times when most people would feel most strongly, not the times when anyone would any feel emotions at all.

Ah, interesting. I'm not sure I have a 'sliding scale' of strong vs. mild emotions. Either I feel them, or I don't.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 12:22 am

starkid, after reading your explanation to Ashariel, I am realizing that perhaps you are referring more specifically, to empathy - which stems from our emotions, of course. : )

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 12:29 am

Britte wrote:
starkid, after reading your explanation to Ashariel, I am realizing that perhaps you are referring more specifically, to empathy - which stems from our emotions, of course. : )

No, I meant any emotions at all.

Someone quoted me after I edited my post; maybe that caused a misunderstanding.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 1:19 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Sometimes I go on here, and I see people posting stupid s**t, and it pisses me off. Why do I keep coming back here? Because I'm addicted to online forums. :P

same here. i try my best to block out the thinly-veiled resentment towards the more socially successful and outgoing members on here, whenever i come across it.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.