Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

cricketman123
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jan 2017, 3:54 pm

I am having serious issues with my gambling losing money. Its because i don't have a job and i just think betting would gain me money.

How to i earn some money because i am still in college but i only have 12.00 in my bank now because of this gambling issue. I get £50.00 a week but need to spend about £20.00 on bus fare so should i put £30.00 in bank everyweek, more on half terms and start again.

Maybe this is the fresh start i need to turn my life around

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 4:01 pm

Fact is, if you mathematically analyze gambling games, the dealer or "house" always has a small advantage, which means that over the long run, they will win.

Fraser_1990
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jan 2017, 7:42 pm

The first step is getting over the false idea that you are playing to win. Nobody with a gambling addiction plays the games to win. All winnings go straight back in.... perhaps not on the same day, but over several.

It all comes down to poor impulse control. Gambling makes you feel good while you're doing it, then you crash hard when the money runs out. So to make yourself feel good again for a short period of time, the next pay check goes into the machine as well.... it's a vicious cycle.

Gambling is like crack. I've done both.

cricketman123
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2017, 3:40 pm

I feel so stupid now. I had 2.62 in my account so payed in my 30.00 for the week that i get off my parents while living with them. Then i decided to put 30.00 on a big bet thinking i would win. I lost, won nothing and am back with 2.62

How on earth am i ever going to be able to live on my own when i only have bloody 2.62 in my account, at college and not got a job. I set myself a target at the beginning of the year to live on my own in 2 years with a stable amount of money do do what i want, is that now too much to ask for.

Another think i don't think girls would like me very much if i have a gambling problem and keep losing money so i have started the step tonight in suspending my account and not being able to view it or make bets for another 30 days. In that time hopefully with me putting 30-40 in the bank everyweek i might be back to the hundreds by then :D

cricketman123
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2017, 9:56 am

I do feel very silly, i can't believe what i did, but like i said i have suspended by account for 30 days and by hopefully by that time i will have over £100 pound in my account again.

How the hell will i be able to live independently without my parents and with alot of money if i only have that. My aim is to be out of the house in 2 years, to have a girlfriend in 5 and maybe have kids in 10-15 years.

Is that a stupid aim now?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 10:05 am

It isn't like the movies. In real life success is usually obtained by slow and steady effort. I have a lot of money now because spent a lot of time in the library instead of on the beach as a teenager. This gave me the expertise I needed to easily land a good job. And then I started saving money, instead of buying "essentials" like a TV set...

cricketman123
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2017, 11:38 am

I spent my time in the library as well so how come i am 24 and only have 2.62 in my bank?

There are no jobs where i live and i can't move because i don't have the money

Fraser_1990
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jan 2017, 12:36 pm

Rather than playing the machines. Learn the mechanics behind them, built your own and let some other poor shlubs play them instead.