Embarrassing things you used to do that you were unaware of

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 6:36 am

When I was about 12 I used to sit in class and pull out loose hairs from my head. I also used to brush my head with my hands to make a shower of dandruff over myself.
:oops:

What embarrassing things did you used to do, that you didn't think was embarrassing at the time?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 7:43 am

I used to do the dandruff thing at school too.
Over my book.
Then I would 'join the dandruff' like you would 'join the dots'.

I was also a serial arm swinger.
Which was a problem when I inadvertently whacked people in the nuts or knocked stuff out of their hands.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 7:51 am

Joe90 wrote:
When I was about 12 I used to sit in class and pull out loose hairs from my head. I also used to brush my head with my hands to make a shower of dandruff over myself.
:oops:

What embarrassing things did you used to do, that you didn't think was embarrassing at the time?
Could have been worse. If it was me I would have eaten the dandruff.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 7:55 am

At 6, I ate boogers and swallowed/played with phlegm and mucus. Of course, I didn't knew that my 'cold' would last for more than a decade. :x

At 7, I'd lie on the back at the floor, and 'peek' someone who's wearing a long skirt. :oops: Then go through between her legs.

At 8, I would drink some water and droll with it just so I could feel the water flow. :| And I did, in a middle of the class, in front of my classmates.

At 10, I cried like a cat at my mom and randomly do things to her, like biting and licking her. Even at public. It persists until I was 12. :skull:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 8:00 am

What's wrong with eating boogers?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 8:05 am

Shahunshah wrote:

Nothing actually. :lol:

Except I had enough with anything to do with my nose, my nose trills, my sinuses... :x

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Fraser_1990
Toucan
Toucan

10 Feb 2017, 8:40 am

Nothing...... unless i'm STILL unaware.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 9:31 am

As Fraser said ^^^^^^ no social faux pars that I am aware of.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 10:10 am

Looking back, everything I did now seems embarrassing to me. My main regret in life was that I was so focused on my special interests that I didn't take time to get to know other people and cultivate friendships. I'm making up for that now.

I think my most embarrassing habit was putting things in my mouth long after most kids had outgrown this. Biting and picking on my fingernails was another bad habit that took me forever to break.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 10:50 am

I used to scratch my scalp too in class. I would pull out my eyebrows and eyelashes and the hair on my arms. I still put things in my mouth, but usually only at home. I also chewed on my hands and fingers and I picked at my ears a lot, like on the ear lobes.

I actually still do all of these things, but only at home or somewhere else private.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 12:36 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

Nothing actually. :lol:

Except I had enough with anything to do with my nose, my nose trills, my sinuses... :x
Why do people care then?

Them Neurotypicals make no sense.

PIgeek
Raven
Raven

10 Feb 2017, 12:56 pm

when i was a kid i didn't understand that say strange things about religion (especially linked with human reproduction's possibilities) with your heteful and extremist religion theacher was not so good (that's why i am actually atheist) :D

during an anti weed meeting with a local group i said that i was pro legalization (i was 9) the world into the classroom imploded 8O
this kind of gaffes happened lot's of time :D

and the white knight is talking backwards
and the red queen is off with her head
remember what the dormouse said
feed your head, feed your head"

White rabbit -
Jefferson Airplane

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 1:39 pm

My junior high had ice-cream bars that you could buy in the cafeteria, and I would suck it like I was giving someone a blowjob. I had no idea why everyone was laughing at me.

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 1:46 pm

I kept explaining my complicated math to the class. Little did I know, it only made me seem even weirder.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 1:58 pm

Picking my nose, also putting my finger in my nose to get it wet so I could pick it better. I wondered there kids got the I ate my boogers thing from. I thought it was something they made up but it took me until middle school to realize they thought I was eating my boogers because I would put my finger in my mouth after it's been in my nose.

Talking about diapers and adult babies in 6th grade. That is so embarrassing now I did that and I am so glad I don't see those kids anymore and that we moved the following year and I got to start over where no one knew the weird me and that side of me. Mom had to tell me to not talk about that stuff as we were moving or kids will think I am weird and there will go my fresh start.

Farting in class. I couldn't understand why this would get kids upset or a teacher keeping me after class if farting is something we have no control over and something that is part of being a human. I eventually learned to make them be silent when they come out by clinching my as*hole and it would still come out and no one would know I had farted but would smell it and they wouldn't have known it was me and I didn't get any negative attention.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 2:49 pm

Boobs became a favorite texture very early on. My parents were left apologizing to women who had just been grabbed with both hands.

I also developed a sensory preference for wearing skirts. I couldn't get enough of that breezy feeling. Once, when my dad's boss came for dinner, I came downstairs and twirled for everyone. (To get the fullest sensory benefit, I wasn't wearing any underwear.) There are pictures of me playing with my trucks in the dirt in a skirt and nothing else.