Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

dugood
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2017, 4:46 am

I am 38 and was diagnosed with Asperger's about 3 years ago. I put a lot of time and effort into writing when I first got out of college and would like to refocus my energy to writing instead of so many useless things. I have been pinpoint focused on things like my lawn, a calendar for my kids' schedule or different things to cook but I can not focus back on writing. My focus is kind of organic to whatever is going on with the family or work and I would like to focus on what I enjoy the most. I always feel that there is something that I am forgetting to do or a YouTube video that I just have to find and watch after hours of looking for nothing in particular. I would like to hear if other Aspies can change their focus and how. I have wondered if it was a procrastination or scared to fail issue as well. Thanks.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 1:28 pm

The best writing I've done in years was when I was out in a camper with a laptop. I'm seriously thinking of unplugging the 'net most of the day to create a writing space. The fifth section of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance was completed in a truck camper. I'm still trying to get Scrivener up on dual monitors, but am assured that it is a dandy utility for shuffling notes and drafts.