shared my idea about choosing happy job for Aspie

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Coder Rebirth
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Feb 2017, 12:53 pm

Hello! I come from Thailand so I'm sorry about my bad english. (and sorry for too short content)
but I really want to share my idea about choose job.

I'm male 25 years old. Have Bachelor Degree Major in Economics.

I have experience in 4 jobs.

1. Financial Advisor - this is true hell. every working about 15 minutes, then the girl stand up from desk to chitchat.
and always gossip about my personality. the size of firm is large bank.
2. Accountant Assistant(not real accountant because I do not have accounting major) - this is heaven. the size of firm is small. the job is hard-work. I don't have to eat lunch with co-worker. but the gender of team is all female. so it's hard to talk with different gender. and sometimes they're angry without reason.
3. Web Programmer - My country (and most of country) has lack of programmer in job market, so people without computer-science degree but have coding skill with portfolio can apply for programming position, I self-learning about coding (It's not difficult like you think, because programming field has a lot of tutorial in a lot of websites.) and make my portfolio website so I can land a job. This is more perfect than the second job. the size of firm is too small. there is only me as a web developer in firm (and IT department room has only 2 person lol.) so I can relax like I stay at my home.

4.Web Programmer (big size firm) - My family encourage me to raise up the salary so I apply the programming job in the bigger size of firm. In fact, I feel it will be more problem, if there is many people but this is not true in programming job. in my team, co-worker wear headphone and continually coding very long hours ( I remember that the frequency of chitchat(not work topic related) is around 2 times per day and work related topic around 3 times per day. so It's very comfort for me. and the coworker gender are all male. so I can sometimes talk about game, anime with them (in Programming world, it's tend to have more Geek, Nerd, Aspie than other field). and the reason that co-worker rarely chitchat is the work is hard and require concentration.

so my idea is
1.choose the example job in common sense of introvert job.
2.choose the work that work hard (then everyone will not have time to chitchat)
3.1 choose size of firm not too big if your job is not work hard like accountant, programmer, graphic designer
because if you choose too big firm, it will have lot of people, and if the work is easy. they will have time to chitchat and gossip you or bully you.

3.2 if your job is work hard like programmer accountant graphic designer then you can choose any size of firm

4. try to choose office room that have more male gender. (for me, female tend to more talkative and gossip and moody and backstab than male)

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 4:24 pm

That sounds like a pretty good method. I got my best jobs by being recommended, but I also got quite a good one soon after moving to a new city. I just went outside and scanned the horizon for the biggest clump of apartment buildings in the area, and rode my bike over. I was generally handy around a house. I saw some guys doing landscaping and asked if they needed anyone. They didn't need anyone who didn't speak Portuguese on that crew, but they took me to the electricians, who had been wanting another appliance repair man for a month. I'd seen the ad, and would never have considered applying, but the crew was tired of waiting for head office to find someone, and quickly taught me the job after getting me hired.
Until my mid-40s, I always wanted to get a paycheque in my head as well as in my hand, so I looked for "extra - odd jobs" that others didn't want. The aspie approach often yielded a quick solution, whereas I was not as fast as average on routine jobs.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 6:05 pm

It could be that you are seen as an "eligible" bachelor, which is why females will ask you personal questions.