'Lucky you are autistic, you can't feel sexual abuse'

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 12:45 am

Deccan Chronical

Quote:
An eight-year-old boy, who was allegedly sexually abused for three weeks by his friend in a school in New South Wales, tried killing himself.

According to the Daily Mail, the young child wrote a heartbreaking suicide note to his mother, describing how he was sexually abused by his classmates in the school toilets, making him terrified of going to school.

The letter reads that the friend who abused him had threatened to kill him if he told anyone about the incident, due to which he started skipping school.

The shocking incident took place in 2014 for at least three weeks. The mother spoke to Daily Mail and revealed that her son had complained about the abuse to three teachers on different incidents, but they brushed him off and ignored his plight.

The principal told him he was lucky he was autistic because he ''wouldn't feel the impact of sexual abuse like other children'', but three years later he is still feeling it,' she said.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 12:49 am

What the f**k??

Sorry.

But what the f**k??

I can't even.

Polly
Raven
Raven

15 Mar 2017, 2:16 am

As an aspie and a mum of aspies you can imagine what I'd like to do to this guy.

Shows how completely lacking in knowledge of autism the Australian general public is when the people we're trusting our children too have no f*****g idea.
I'm embarrassed as an Australian. :(

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 3:03 am

How f*****g ignorant.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 3:09 am

Now there's one guy I wouldn't mind seeing gunned down by an autistic.

Too much?

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 3:12 am

Well, that's a way to start off a Wednesday.

But in all seriousness, this pisses me off on more levels than how many the world's highest skyscraper has. How clueless are these people?

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 3:17 am

What.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 4:01 am

If this is true, it's not only clueless but damaging on a level I can't even....

I noticed that the article mentioned The Daily Mail as its source though. It's not a very reliable source.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 4:35 am

This is the source article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4309230/Boy-abused-three-weeks-told-lucky-autism.html

It's true that the Daily Fail is notorious.
But, at the same time as someone who went through the Australian school system for a while, I find nothing in that report too unbelievable.

Patches of the Australian school system have serious issues with 'winking' at bullying(or did back when I was in it).

liminal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Mar 2017, 5:36 am

Yeah, in my experience teachers and administrators and principals in Australian schools have zero understanding of ASD. In fact on many occasions I have witnessed such teachers encourage and join in the bullying of ASD students.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 7:12 am

I agree with the above statements about The Daily Racist. I can't stand that website, it spews out some absolute crap and then guillable people believe it. It's likely one of the worst news sources the UK provides.

Since there will be some truth to this article, I wouldn't be surprised by it in the least. Even people in the UK don't grasp autism correctly at all, even if you mention it 80% of the time people are more likely to be like "whats autism?" so I doubt it's even recognised that much. It needs a more mainstream media appearance for people to get it, even then though I'd be worried about what kind of things they'd put out to the masses, it could be inaccurate framing us to be bad.

I just hate how a lot of autistic people are so vulnerable like this, it's such a shame and there's not proper measures in place to prevent anything like this from happening at all. Part and parcel of the reason why I'd never want to bring more life into this horrid planet.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 7:49 am

Obviously an idiot. And he made it to Principal?

NikNak
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Mar 2017, 8:06 am

What the f***.

And why use 'friend' for the abuser? Clearly not a friend at all but more likely someone the kid thought was a friend?

The assumptive ignorance from that principle is sickening :x

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 8:29 am

It might be a coincidence but a substantial majority of articles I have linked to describing abusive treatment of autistics have come out of Australia lately. I am not purposely trying to shame Australia, these type articles for whatever reason has come up when I google "autism"

Hopefully, worldwide exposure will change things as with the recent case where a government decision to expel an immigrant teen because he was autistic was reversed.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 10:14 am

Quote:
'My principal said I'm lucky I have Autism because I won't feel what a normal person would feel but I don't feel lucky,' he wrote.

I have tried to find this principal's name. He should be named and fired for abusive behaviour. I can't even begin to go into what is wrong with his statement to the child. It is mindboggling to me that someone would think such a thing of autistic people. This makes me sick.

NotThatClever13
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Mar 2017, 10:40 am

The ignorance is strong with this one. This shows we still have a long way to go in educating people. Pathetic.