Post the most insulting/ condescending/ patronizing thing...

Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 5:13 pm

...a PROFESSIONAL has said to you!

When I was diangosed the shrink that diagnoed me said something to the effect of, "I, for example, know when someone else wants to talk or doesn't want you to keep going on and on. You, on the other hand, don't." Only he said it in a more innocent way, not like he really meant to insult me, but he still seemed to think he was better than me at that lol. the real reasson I did that is because while I knew when people got bored or didn't like it, I just kept talking anyway because I needed to get it all out; I needed feedback about all of it, which was a part of me, really bad, because I was understimulated. Does that make sense? :)

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 5:23 pm

My doctor told me that she doesn't think i'll ever be able to function on my own, in a normal society, like right in front of my face. Yea I just stood there in shock, like yea okay. As I left i was like yea can we get ice cream lol :lol:

Basshead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 6:31 pm

Once, after I lashed out at a dude, an authority figure asked me if I was on medication.

I hope she's dead

I'm a hypochondriac. Please don't kill me.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 6:49 pm

Age1600 wrote:
My doctor told me that she doesn't think i'll ever be able to function on my own, in a normal society, like right in front of my face. Yea I just stood there in shock, like yea okay. As I left i was like yea can we get ice cream lol :lol:

I don't recall if I found out. How old are you, and what are you doing?

You drive, write fine, and have a great attitude, so I am assuming she was just very STUPID!

BTW, did you ever get that ice cream? 8O :lol:

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 6:54 pm

I can't think of any one thing that a professional has said. It's the squinting the eyes, laughing at a revealing comment. The "so, big deal?!" comments.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 7:29 pm

When my daughter got her official diagnosis, the doctor said that autistic people tend to be more good looking than the rest of the population,

If that were actually true, my daughter wouldn't care, one way or another. She doesn't have NT values about what makes someone or something beautiful.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 8:16 pm

That I would never be able to accomplish anything.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 9:27 pm

I had a policeman ask what gang I was in, :roll: after I failed to know the phone number of the not so relative relative who was laying in front of us on a stretcher; whose life I had checked, whose 911 call I had ensured, and whose hit and run driver I had had just run down, and who I almost watched die (I thought) as the truck carrened into her car T-bone. It was mad.

I was like....(in my head) what's a gang...the 20 year twitch.

twitch.

Both her parents were in a gang-the irony.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 10:02 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
Age1600 wrote:

I don't recall if I found out. How old are you, and what are you doing?

You drive, write fine, and have a great attitude, so I am assuming she was just very STUPID!

BTW, did you ever get that ice cream? 8O :lol:

Haha, i'll be 23 next month, and yea she was stupid haha, and the ice cream, yup of course a cone head sundae hehehe

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 3:48 am

has anyone ever used the word special pronounced speshul to describe you? i remember this speech therapist i once was sent to used it 3 times in a sentence.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 6:35 am

TF, did he say it slowly and deliberately like that? If so, no, I've never had that dune to me, but if not, yeah, I've been told my a doctor that people with AS are very special people, and I asked "Is that good or bad?" and he said there was some of each.

Mikhaillost
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jan 2008, 7:06 am

Hello.

When I first met my shrink she said "Will you try to hurt me if I shake your hand?" bery seriously. She actually thinks I might attack her.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 7:10 am

Paraphrased: "I think your trouble with reading non-verbal signals comes from your social phobia and avoidance of social situations."

Uh, no. The social phobia came about as a result of bullying and ostracism that came about as a result of my tendency to be a social ret*d on those occasions when it actually occurred to me to interact with people.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 8:09 am

Nothing stands out, and I've seen...too many.

They've all been far too positive in my experience; positive to me, but that's probably because I'm naturally negative.

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 8:14 am

I just remember with exact clarity the therapist who told me I wasn't depressed because I wasn't showing enough outward emotion to show him that I was serious . . . or something moronic like that.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 8:26 am

Me: In what way am I psychotic?

Doctor: Well... your thinking is very black-and-white. There's a lot of gray area.

(A six-month-long injection of Haldol followed, which made me delirious and miserable.)

Like a drop of blood in a tank of flesh-eating piranhas, a new idea never fails to arouse the wrath of herd prejudice.