Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 2:57 am

I have a notepad and I write things on it almost every day. If I have an appointment I write it down and I place the paper under where I place my mobile phone on the desk so that every time I reach for my phone I remember.

This is a little tip for people who haven't already thought of it. Writing things down saves you a lot of time and energy. Remembering things is hard work because the brain has to think of so many things and can only store so much short term information to be recalled.

I also write down aspirations I have like "get driving lessons" and "buy a new T-shirt" because I can forget to do those kinds of things too.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 4:47 am

I should do the same as I don't seem to be able to access verbal information as most others ostensibly do. If someone tells me something, it's ordinarily extremely difficult for me to recall what was said. I don't know if it's autism related or undiagnosed ADD/CAPD. It means that I am utterly useless at virtually everything. Even the simplest of crosswords are impossible for me to complete.

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Apr 2017, 6:07 am

At home I have two whiteboards, a large calendar that I write on, two notebooks and another calendar on my chromebook. At work I have a notebook, calendar and keep "to do" text files on my computer desktop. I also email myself reminders.

I couldn't function without them.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 6:19 am

Lists can be a great way to organize things, but the obsessives out there beware - it can get madly out of control and you end up with 50 lists.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 11:10 am

I see nothing wrong with this. That is the exact purpose of having calendars, notepads and the like-to keep track of important appointments. It would be irresponsible and foolish not to do so. Now, since I have more to do, I like seeing the record of my appointments and activities.