I've got something really shameful to say. Help?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tom1992
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Apr 2017, 12:14 pm

So I have my ASD assessment tomorrow,as some of you will know. My goal is to lay my *whole* life history down on the line and tell it honestly. Obviously,I want to keep it relevant. Is this relevant to ASD >

Here it goes -

When I was 19/20,I used to pee mostly on the carpet as opposed to the toilet like normal humans do. I do not know why,either.

That was hard to write.

So,I've just embarrassed myself online,but would I go ahead and do the same publicly with the psychiatrist tomorrow afternoon?

What was I thinking? Aspergers trait? I do hope so. If not,it's just my warped,sick self.

yungsavage
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Apr 2017, 12:18 pm

Yeah, that's a thing that a lot of people with asd and AS do. When I was younger I would piss in the bathtub cuz I was too lazy to aim in the toilet. My cousin with AS peed on the floors of his house and was caught.

Put it in. Once you get diagnosed there is no reason to feel shame.

Tom1992

23 Apr 2017, 12:30 pm

yungsavage wrote:
Yeah, that's a thing that a lot of people with asd and AS do. When I was younger I would piss in the bathtub cuz I was too lazy to aim in the toilet. My cousin with AS peed on the floors of his house and was caught.

But at 20?? :(

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 12:34 pm

A) I dont know whether or not peeing in places other than urinals/toilets is a trait of aspies/auties or not.

B) It doesnt matter whether it is, or not. When you get there just relax, and just be as a honest, and talk as freely as you can about as much as you can. Let the person conducting the test worry about analyzing it all.

yungsavage
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Apr 2017, 12:45 pm

Tom1992 wrote:
yungsavage wrote:

But at 20?? :(

Yeah, thats pretty normal. Keep in mind this is AS, and AS's effects don't change as you age. I imagine most aspies have done similar stuff.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 1:11 pm

I've never done that before. I thought it was the behaviour of someone with Alzheimer's. Or maybe severe autism or severe cases of other disabilities.

You might be diagnosed with autism then.

InNomineLux
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Apr 2017, 9:32 pm

Don't feel like you have to be ashamed. You are what you are. I wouldn't feel like you can't tell the psychiatrist, either; they won't make fun of you or think you're bizarre, they're there to help you and maybe give you insight into doing the things you do.

On a related note, I have very frequent dreams (several times a week) about peeing in/on places other than the toilet, or about public bathrooms that are so extensive, they're like mazes, and the toilets are weirdly-built. I don't know what to make of that. -shrug-

"But every time I look up, I see them: glowing arrows in the sky, dotted lines and circles, a great chart that explains it all; and I ask you, how can I know all of this? How can I understand, and not try to explain? How can I see the dotted lines so bright and tangible, and deny them?"
-Welcome to Night Vale

beoguy
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Apr 2017, 9:42 pm

Tom1992 wrote:
When I was 19/20,I used to pee mostly on the carpet as opposed to the toilet like normal humans do. I do not know why,either.

What was I thinking? Aspergers trait? I do hope so. If not,it's just my warped,sick self.

You know, I've always had a problem with that. When I was 5-6 years old, my mom used to get extremely mad with me over this. More than 20 years later, I'm still missing and not caring or noticing. I've even been yelled at by a prior roommate over this lol. I had no idea anyone else was like this.

beoguy
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Apr 2017, 9:43 pm

yungsavage wrote:

How did you find out that this was very common for people with ASD to do? I have never heard of this, but it seems like I'm having a lightbulb moment here, which is kind of unusual lol. I always figured most men missed the toilet.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 10:02 pm

maybe. when i told the licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) at school (community college) about my defecation habits, the lil moron made an involuntary grimace. as if it was the most disgusting thing she had ever heard of.

even her involuntary nonverbal communication (surprise @ when i told her my precious lil "parents" made me take the SAT in 7th grade) and disgust. among other raw emotions. showed how inexperienced she was.

she acted like she was so smart, important and awesome.

but whatever.

psychologists and other counselors come in a wide variety of personality types. just like how people that are not psychologists come in a large variety of personality types.

:mrgreen: :ninja:

just my guess. imagination. but maybe an older/more experienced. or more mellow (demeanor) psychologist might respond more favorably to your statement.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 10:07 pm

InNomineLux wrote:
On a related note, I have very frequent dreams (several times a week) about peeing in/on places other than the toilet, or about public bathrooms that are so extensive, they're like mazes, and the toilets are weirdly-built. I don't know what to make of that. -shrug-

I have those same dreams--usually meaning I am about to awaken with a very full bladder!

But I have always been fascinated with peeing in non-standard places and especially outside. No shame as long as you aren't ruining other people's stuff.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 10:42 pm

Relax and be honest during the evaluation. I don't see that nearly as shameful as a few of my funny and weird special interests viewtopic.php?t=340443 .

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2017, 4:21 am

naturalplastic wrote:
A) I dont know whether or not peeing in places other than urinals/toilets is a trait of aspies/auties or not.

B) It doesnt matter whether it is, or not. When you get there just relax, and just be as a honest, and talk as freely as you can about as much as you can. Let the person conducting the test worry about analyzing it all.

A. I don´t believe it is.
B. The person conducting the test has probably heard about worse things than peeing on the carpet, so don´t worry. He/she can take it.

Tom1992

24 Apr 2017, 8:11 am

3 hours and 20 minutes till my assessment.

Butterflies. Lots of butterflies.

*puke*

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2017, 12:25 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I've never done that before. I thought it was the behaviour of someone with Alzheimer's. Or maybe severe autism or severe cases of other disabilities.
I'll have to agree with this. It certainly isn't something I can relate to neither doing or even wanting to do after 3 years of age. (Apparently I did once before 3).

InNomineLux wrote:
I very often have dreams like that too when I sleep and need to go. (I always have to go when I wake from these dreams, therefore the conclusion).
If I'm out and about in the dream, I think of going in the woods or in empty rooms, or if there are toilets there, they are big or without walls so there is no privacy, or people are around me etc. If I'm home in the dream, there is something hindering me in going there, like a lot of things being in the bathroom or the toilet being out of order in some way.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

InNomineLux
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Apr 2017, 9:37 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
InNomineLux wrote:
I very often have dreams like that too when I sleep and need to go. (I always have to go when I wake from these dreams, therefore the conclusion).
If I'm out and about in the dream, I think of going in the woods or in empty rooms, or if there are toilets there, they are big or without walls so there is no privacy, or people are around me etc. If I'm home in the dream, there is something hindering me in going there, like a lot of things being in the bathroom or the toilet being out of order in some way.

Makes sense! It's how I knew I wet the bed as a kid before I even woke up. I guess my dreams never changed how they reacted to having to go. I just couldn't hold it before. :roll: Always thought the dreams caused the bedwetting, not the other way around. My life makes sense now!

"But every time I look up, I see them: glowing arrows in the sky, dotted lines and circles, a great chart that explains it all; and I ask you, how can I know all of this? How can I understand, and not try to explain? How can I see the dotted lines so bright and tangible, and deny them?"
-Welcome to Night Vale