Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ILA
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2007, 4:16 pm

The main source of my anxieties is sensitivity to how I'm perceived by others, no matter whether they're family or strangers. I place thoughts into their minds which circle around mine, over and over. I still remember vividly, negative comments directed towards me from years past.

MaterialDefender
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2007, 5:09 pm

ILA wrote:
The main source of my anxieties is sensitivity to how I'm perceived by others, no matter whether they're family or strangers.

Same here.

I am always worried I will look or say something stupid when talking to someone and they will think I am ret*d or not like me. This even goes for people online too. I lurked around for a while on this forum being too nervous to sign up 8O

ILA
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2007, 5:22 pm

MaterialDefender wrote:
Same here.

I am always worried I will look or say something stupid when talking to someone and they will think I am ret*d or not like me. This even goes for people online too. I lurked around for a while on this forum being too nervous to sign up 8O

I once ended up in tears as a result of an online experience. I earned the ire of a person as a result of my exposing my ignorance on a particular subject. He rolled his eyes, upon which I panicked and attempted to defend myself, inventing excuses for what I'd written. A pathetic spectacle! While lying in bed I couldn't avoid the thought that I'd shone a spotlight on my stupidity for all to see.