Why some people not caring about others bad intentions?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jul 2018, 1:58 pm

I have thought about why some people are popular and why some are not.
I have come to the conclusion that it is a lot about the life of the successful person who is visible on the surface that counts. The more rich and luxurious life somebody lives, the more other people wants to be in that clique too.

For example. I know a person in my presence who often jokes really insensitive with others but lives extremely luxurious and are really popular that he can say whatever the hell he wants.The person's spouse constantly post pictures showing their pompous mansion with climbing roses and other beautiful things all the time. Nobody knows this successful person well but everyone is still very active on the persons social media pages and commenting everything this person post even if it´s the same pictures for the 50th time, everybody wants to "help out and come over" to their house. To just to be a part of this luxurious lifestyle.
Sometimes I want to tell him that they probably only care because of the house he´s living in, and would not bother if he lived in a small apartment in a half bad area somewhere and were unemployed. But I would never, that´s just harsh.

Another example is a woman who does not live that luxurious, but she looks like a supermodel, always very tanned, well-groomed, slender, bleached teeth and a big fake smile on her lips. If it´s bad news someone arrives with, she just brush it off. Nobody really knows her well either, she dumps friends on a regular basis and meets new men all the time. But everyone wants to be part of her life, same thing, people comment on her pictures on the internet that she is hot, that she is this and that, they are so active in her life but would they if she gained alot and lost her fake smile? I think not.

These two people do have some charisma too, as many of us aspergers lacks (not according to me but according to others) but I can´t really cope that people are so superficial and these people not getting that? Or maybe they do but they just accept it and likes it?!

If I would lived in a mansion or looked like a supermodel, I would all the time be suspisious if people were too friendly but not even know me.

What do you think :?:

I think this is sad, people are constantly drawn to successful people often just for superficial reasons :( .

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2018, 2:15 pm

I did a lot of amateur modeling. Guys liked it. Some women were jealous. I lost interest when I didn't get attention from my parents and grandparents....they fawned over my sister...anyhoo, people are superficial.

I had tons "friends" when I moved out of the apartment ghetto. When I was going to lose my house, those same friends disappeared.

At my age....I have no time for that and people sense it and leave me out of their crap.

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jul 2018, 3:05 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
I did a lot of amateur modeling. Guys liked it. Some women were jealous. I lost interest when I didn't get attention from my parents and grandparents....they fawned over my sister...anyhoo, people are superficial.

I had tons "friends" when I moved out of the apartment ghetto. When I was going to lose my house, those same friends disappeared.

That´s sad and so typical. So obvious as well.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2018, 3:13 pm

Only true friends stick with you through thick and thin.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2018, 3:16 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
Old Saying: "A friend wil help you move. A true friend will help you move a body."

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jul 2018, 3:56 pm

Fnord wrote:
HistoryGal wrote:
Old Saying: "A friend wil help you move. A true friend will help you move a body."

Yes. Just wonder how many friends that actually did that? :jester:

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2018, 4:24 pm

HistoryGal wrote:

Those are few and far between unfortunately.....

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2018, 4:26 pm

It's liberating that I quit being loyal to acquaintances.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2018, 4:33 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
It's liberating that I quit being loyal to acquaintances.

It sure is.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2018, 5:05 pm

HistoryGal wrote:

At my age....I have no time for that and people sense it and leave me out of their crap.

I don't even bother with "friends" anymore outside the internet. Such things tend to become a bothersome task plus nowadays people are trash.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2018, 7:57 pm

green0star wrote:
HistoryGal wrote:

I don't even bother with "friends" anymore outside the internet. Such things tend to become a bothersome task plus nowadays people are trash.

Yep. People suck.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 9:08 am

I don't know anybody these days remotely like that, though some of the staff would suck up to consultants in the hospital I worked in for a while. I guess they're following the money and supporting the hierarchy of wealth and power as they try to climb it. I'm not too impressed with the hierarchies I've seen, so I try and stick with folks who are more egalitarian. I can't relate to insensitivity or any kind of rat race. Nothing against beautiful houses as such, but flaunting it when most of us can't have one feels a little like a slap in the face. To me a beautiful body is simply a healthy body, occasionally the props and illusions fool me but nearly all the modern mainstream ones fail, and a person could look like a currant bun for all the difference it would make to me liking them or not.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 12:05 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
I don't know anybody these days remotely like that, though some of the staff would suck up to consultants in the hospital I worked in for a while. I guess they're following the money and supporting the hierarchy of wealth and power as they try to climb it. I'm not too impressed with the hierarchies I've seen, so I try and stick with folks who are more egalitarian. I can't relate to insensitivity or any kind of rat race. Nothing against beautiful houses as such, but flaunting it when most of us can't have one feels a little like a slap in the face. To me a beautiful body is simply a healthy body, occasionally the props and illusions fool me but nearly all the modern mainstream ones fail, and a person could look like a currant bun for all the difference it would make to me liking them or not.

It is very irritating how some people have to brag about everything and rub it in constantly. What's even worse is when people teach their kids to be that way. Their kids come to school and brag about their vacations, new toys, new houses, new cars, and other fancy stuff. The kids get ultra competitive to the point of exaggeration and trying to outdo each other.