Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jul 2017, 9:41 am

Anyone ever lay on the grass and stare at the sky and just relax their eyes and let the sky start to "swim" (I don't know how else to explain it ... it just creates a visual effect). Is this a kind of visual stimming?

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jul 2017, 10:19 am

Hmm...I was trying to learn more about it and I think its this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_fiel ... phenomenon

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 10:21 am

Yeah...that happens to me.

I also sneeze when my nose is placed near the plane of the sun. It's like I'm "allergic" to it.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 10:28 am

soloha wrote:

Yep , I get that , eye floaters and visual static/snow (I've always put it down too much LSD as a teen )

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 10:29 am

Never took acid in my life---still have those same effects from the sky.

I should actually do this more often.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 10:31 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Never took acid in my life---still have those same effects from the sky.

I should actually do this more often.

Maybe not an acid thing then

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jul 2017, 10:35 am

I did a lot of acid too. But I've stared at the sky and watched the spirals from this for hours even as a child and would just lose myself in my thoughts. It just occured to me it might have been a kind of visual stimming.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 2:13 pm

i stare at the sky all the time. big open skies are one of the best natural aspects of living in the midwest USA corn plains.

i also get this "swimming" when staring at interior white walls and especially textured ceilings. but i've consumed a fair share of acid, so, i dunno. seems like that might only be fallaciously connected.

kraftiekortie wrote:
I also sneeze when my nose is placed near the plane of the sun. It's like I'm "allergic" to it.

me too!
it helps to coax out shy sneezes as well. i have used it's powers many times to carry a sneeze past threshold.
the phenomenon is called autosomal-dominant compelling helio ophthalmic outburst syndrome (ACHOO!) :D and remains largely unstudied due to it's harmlessness.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 2:23 pm

seaweed wrote:
i stare at the sky all the time. big open skies are one of the best natural aspects of living in the midwest USA corn plains.

i also get this "swimming" when staring at interior white walls and especially textured ceilings. but i've consumed a fair share of acid, so, i dunno. seems like that might only be fallaciously connected.

It's funny how many issues I have that I used to blame on acid , I'm waiting on an assessment for ASD and if I don't have it I'll go back to blaming acid :lol:

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 2:30 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
It's funny how many issues I have that I used to blame on acid , I'm waiting on an assessment for ASD and if I don't have it I'll go back to blaming acid :lol:

jeez, how much acid have you done? :lmao:
i once heard a tale of a guy who took an insane amount of acid during a short span of time and since then he feels he is a sponge and must re-moisten himself constantly.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 2:59 pm

seaweed wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

jeez, how much acid have you done? :lmao:
i once heard a tale of a guy who took an insane amount of acid during a short span of time and since then he feels he is a sponge and must re-moisten himself constantly.

I've done more that some and less than others :lol:

A sponge doesn't sound that bad in the schemes of thinking you are an inanimate object

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 3:37 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
A sponge doesn't sound that bad in the schemes of thinking you are an inanimate object

unless you're always soaking in vile stews of noxious human production and relentlessly rubbed on nasty old foodstuffs. but i'm not sure this mythical dude had any of these spongy dilemmas. it wouldn't be so bad to be a simple sponge.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 5:49 pm

Hmm, looking up at bright clouds make me sneeze. But clear blue sky is nice, but it's not often we get clear blue sky in the UK.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 7:37 am

soloha wrote:

I don't have to stare at the sky to see this. :|
As long as I'm staring far and lit enough, I'll notice it. Staring at the blue sky just make it appear quicker and appears more of those stuff.

Visual effects? From the perception? I have a few.
If I stare at the symmetric tiles, it'll start to wave. I could even consciously manipulate said wave. I usually do this in the bathroom. :lol:
Then when playing a certain rhyme game.. Say, OSU! At OSU mania mode -- try playing that for about less than an hour or more or so, as long as the whole field is seen. Then surfaces starts to sink if you look somewhere :lol: or flows upwards if you play hits upwards instead of downwards.

I don't have much visual stim.
And I'm nearsighted. I just got a pair of glasses that matches the diopters, for not having them for more than 5 years. :lol: Now I can't help but look at too many things in details, that I'll only wear it at work. Or when sightseeing.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.