Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 7:07 am

I know that LGBT section would be probably more suitable, but i want ask here.

Does homosexuality/bisexuality is somehow linked together. But for me i have sexual thoughts about other mans aside woman, but i know that is sin and morally wrong :(

The thing that turn me the most is IQ i love smart girls and smart guys at my age or bit younger, a nerdy type. BTW i wonder does intelligence is thing that turn you on in other humans, it's a bit strange :|

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Aug 2017, 7:30 am

It's not a sin as long as you are not religious. Things that do not damage yourself nor damage other people should not be considered sin.

Quote:
Does homosexuality/bisexuality is somehow linked together. But for me i have sexual thoughts about other mans aside woman, but i know that is sin and morally wrong :(

Bisexual... a lot of people are bisexual.

Quote:
The thing that turn me the most is IQ i love smart girls and smart guys at my age or bit younger, a nerdy type. BTW i wonder does intelligence is thing that turn you on in other humans, it's a bit strange :|

Yeah, why not? Then these boys and girls are your type.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 7:59 am

If you "know" that being bisexual is a "sin," then that's your business.
If you want to brand yourself "sinful" because you have sexual thoughts about both men and women, that's also your business.
This is not, however, any kind of fact that applies to anyone but you. You believing this to be a "sin" does not make it one.
A lot of people find intelligence attractive, as I suppose many intelligent people are much more interesting!

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Aug 2017, 10:14 am

pawelk1986 wrote:

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you asking if you're "morally wrong" thoughts are related to Autism? If so, I've never seen anything to suggest it.

pawelk1986 wrote:

Everyone has a "type". Nothing strange or unusual or even uncommon in going for the nerdy type.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 12:50 pm

Nah, I don't have any sexual thoughts for other females.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 3:22 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:

Homosexuality is normal, as are your thoughts. Why do you think your thoughts are immoral?

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 3:36 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
BTW i wonder does intelligence is thing that turn you on in other humans, it's a bit strange :|
find wit and wisdom to be of utmost importance for finding attraction in women... seems a natural instinct to want such traits(at least of similar/equivalent levels) that the best decisions for a partnership, or family, could be made in respectful collaboration. a woman could have everything else that’s desirable, aside from those traits, and would be percieved dangerous/unattractive.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 3:49 pm

drwho222 wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:

Homosexuality is normal, as are your thoughts. Why do you think your thoughts are immoral?

Because the Bible says so and so is the position of the Roman Catholic Church of which I am a member.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 3:54 pm

classic case of suppression.

i don't know what autism has to do with it.

intelligence is sexy.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 3:56 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
drwho222 wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:

Because the Bible says so and so is the position of the Roman Catholic Church of which I am a member.

The Bible advocates slavery, the oppression of women, and says that snakes talk and the world is flat. Its clear cut fiction, plain and simple. The Catholic church is the most evil and immoral institution in the history of man.

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Aug 2017, 4:42 pm

Gender variance and unique sexuality are more common in autistic people. As a Christian (albeit not catholic) and a heterosexual with many LGBT friends I think of the issue as something like this: God told the Jews not to eat pork. Most people who've had it love bacon thus we know bacon is good and that it's fairly natural to love bacon. I know Jewish people who do not follow Kosher law and eat bacon. They are sinning but they are not immoral except for by there personally imposed standards. Now hold no sin above the other having these thoughts is no different than being a Jewish person who thinks about how good bacon would be with their eggs. Even if you chose to indulge those thoughts you would be "eating bacon" yes a sin but not harmful to yourself or others. Everyone sins everyday. God judges the heart of man, if you hold in your heart that it's wrong you will be judged accordingly and remember (and this is especially true for those of us with systemizing minds) we are often quick to jump to conclusions and assume for example that a deep mutually loving relationship between those of the same sex indicates a sexual preference of those involved it could merely be that you brain is confusing emotions or lumping together multiple emotions and assuming they are homosexual thoughts. I myself sometimes have trouble distinguishing deep feelings of friendship from romantic feelings. On the other hand, if you are positive these are homosexual thoughts don't hate yourself it's natural variation just like depression or autism or even IQ make informed choices that won't weigh on your heart or your conscience.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 4:47 pm

sunshinescj wrote:
Gender variance and unique sexuality are more common in autistic people. As a Christian (albeit not catholic) and a heterosexual with many LGBT friends I think of the issue as something like this: God told the Jews not to eat pork. Most people who've had it love bacon thus we know bacon is good and that it's fairly natural to love bacon. I know Jewish people who do not follow Kosher law and eat bacon. They are sinning but they are not immoral except for by there personally imposed standards. Now hold no sin above the other having these thoughts is no different than being a Jewish person who thinks about how good bacon would be with their eggs. Even if you chose to indulge those thoughts you would be "eating bacon" yes a sin but not harmful to yourself or others. Everyone sins everyday. God judges the heart of man, if you hold in your heart that it's wrong you will be judged accordingly and remember (and this is especially true for those of us with systemizing minds) we are often quick to jump to conclusions and assume for example that a deep mutually loving relationship between those of the same sex indicates a sexual preference of those involved it could merely be that you brain is confusing emotions or lumping together multiple emotions and assuming they are homosexual thoughts. I myself sometimes have trouble distinguishing deep feelings of friendship from romantic feelings. On the other hand, if you are positive these are homosexual thoughts don't hate yourself it's natural variation just like depression or autism or even IQ make informed choices that won't weigh on your heart or your conscience.

Being gay is more common for Auties? Do you have studies and numbers to back that up? In my experience, exclusive homosexuals who practice the homosexual lifestyle are all NTs. However, being bisexual appears as common for Aspies as it is for NTs... except that we care less about what society thinks of it, so those of us who are in societies where religion and what not forbids it are more likely to "try it out".

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Aug 2017, 5:04 pm

drwho222 wrote:
sunshinescj wrote:

Being gay is more common for Auties? Do you have studies and numbers to back that up? In my experience, exclusive homosexuals who practice the homosexual lifestyle are all NTs. However, being bisexual appears as common for Aspies as it is for NTs... except that we care less about what society thinks of it, so those of us who are in societies where religion and what not forbids it are more likely to "try it out".

I have seen statistics yes I'm on my phone so links and whatnot are kinda difficult but I googled " gender and sexual variance autism" and it comes up with some of what I was talking about if you want to look it's interesting stuff lots about how the brain is wired.

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Aug 2017, 5:54 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
drwho222 wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:

Then you should leave the church... would it be an option for you to move to another country that is less religious?

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 8:37 pm

sunshinescj wrote:
I have seen statistics yes I'm on my phone so links and whatnot are kinda difficult but I googled " gender and sexual variance autism" and it comes up with some of what I was talking about if you want to look it's interesting stuff lots about how the brain is wired.

Gender variance isn't the same thing as being gay though.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 8:40 pm

Yep....you can be a "trans" man to woman, and still liked women when you were a man----even though, as a woman, you would now be lesbian.