Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Shakti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2017, 1:27 pm

http://autismcoach.com/blog-info-articl ... important/

I feel like this could explain everything we need to know to overcome what's holding us back in life. Stimulate the vagus nerve, and get the body and mind out of the permanent state of fight or fight otherwise known as ASD.

New Facebook community to help us mange and thrive on the spectrum, using food as medicine, exercise, herbs, and more. All are welcome, just click here to join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1117754195026933

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 6:46 pm

I tried reading it with an open mind until page 2 when she refers to Adult Onset Autism. There is no such thing. It's total bullsh#t. I then had a look around her site. Surprise, surprise she is selling supplements!

B19
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 10:27 am

http://autismcoach.com/massive-cover-up ... ation-act/

Her website is riddled with her delusional belief that MMR caused her son Will's autism. She embellishes her "credentials" by saying that she comes from a scientific family, which is meant to convey (it seems) that she is better placed than others to understand "facts".

I come from a scientific family too (on my father's side) and think she is not only delusional in this obsession but dangerous. If she can't see that the MMR claim has been thoroughly (and scientifically) discredited, what good has it done her to come from a scientific family.. I assume none of her antecendents studied the philosophy of science which includes critical thinking theory.

Personally, I have no time for anti-vaxxers and what I see as their delusional preaching of "the truth". Their case has been well covered here before on Wrong Planet, in excess from my perspective, and I wish that it would stop. It helps none and has and does cause harm.

Shakti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2017, 10:37 am

Personally I'm not anti-vax at all, but I am very pro-safe vaccines. Most children get way more vaccinations than they need, and there is no reason why mercury needs to be added. So I say give children just the immunity they need, while keeping the toxic load they have to deal with while developing as low as humanly possible.

New Facebook community to help us mange and thrive on the spectrum, using food as medicine, exercise, herbs, and more. All are welcome, just click here to join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1117754195026933

B19
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 10:51 am

It really worries me that this "coach" sells services to people. Another delusional belief she states as a "fact" is that "FXS is the most common cause of autism". This is complete nonsense. I think her website is really dangerous in its degree of ignorance, and it didn't surprise me either to see that she is fond of quoting Autism Speaks. (Sigh).

FXS is a separate condition related to intellectual handicap and arises from the inheritance of a specific gene. It is the most frequent cause of misdiagnosis of autism due to clinicians knowing little about FXS and mistaking it for autism on the basis of speech delay.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 12:52 pm

Shakti wrote:
Personally I'm not anti-vax at all, but I am very pro-safe vaccines. Most children get way more vaccinations than they need, and there is no reason why mercury needs to be added. So I say give children just the immunity they need, while keeping the toxic load they have to deal with while developing as low as humanly possible.

So which medicines are they adding mercury to?

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 7:48 pm

kokopelli wrote:
Shakti wrote:

So which medicines are they adding mercury to?

Thimerosal has been used as as a preservative for vaccines. Thimerosal when metabolised becomes ethylmercury and thiosalicylate. People become confused about ethylmercury. They think it's methylmercury which is elemental mercury. It's not. Methylmercury is what builds up in the enviroment and is found in fish. High exposure to methylmercury can lead to toxicity, ethylmercury does not.

This is aquote from the FDA "At concentrations found in vaccines, thimerosal meets the requirements for a preservative as set forth by the United States Pharmacopeia; that is, it kills the specified challenge organisms and is able to prevent the growth of the challenge fungi (U.S. Pharmacopeia 2004). Thimerosal in concentrations of 0.001% (1 part in 100,000) to 0.01% (1 part in 10,000) has been shown to be effective in clearing a broad spectrum of pathogens. A vaccine containing 0.01% thimerosal as a preservative contains 50 micrograms of thimerosal per 0.5 mL dose or approximately 25 micrograms of mercury per 0.5 mL dose. For comparison, this is roughly the same amount of elemental mercury contained in a 3 ounce can of tuna fish."

Because of all the fuss about thimerosal, it was decided to work toward removing it from vaccines. It was removed from all pediatric vaccines in 2001 in the US. As far as i know, it's still used in the flu vaccine.

MissChess
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Dec 2017, 8:43 pm

As I dig into the farther reaches of this article, the woo seems to be pretty strong - theories presented as fact, shaky or absent citations of evidence, and constant helpful referrals to the site's supplement-selling section. I'm always going to respond with suspicion when someone provides a wildly farfetched explanation for my problems accompanied with easy instructions on how I can buy their product to solve said problems.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2017, 9:02 pm

I really shouldn't care if other people's kids get vaccinated or not. I was vaccinated so I should be immune to childhood diseases vaccines they actually work, and it's one way to decrease world overpopulation and there will be fewer brats to run into at the grocery store. And fewer idiots and their snake oil "cures" claiming they can "fix" us. :roll:

MissChess
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Dec 2017, 9:22 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I really shouldn't care if other people's kids get vaccinated or not. I was vaccinated so I should be immune to childhood diseases vaccines they actually work, and it's one way to decrease world overpopulation and there will be fewer brats to run into at the grocery store. And fewer idiots and their snake oil "cures" claiming they can "fix" us. :roll:

Unfortunately, this isn't the case. There are immunocompromised members of society who cannot be vaccinated, and vaccines themselves aren't 100% effective. The concept of herd immunity shows why it's important that we maintain high vaccination rates in order to protect ourselves.

When some wingnut's refusal to heed scientific evidence constitutes a threat to my children's health, I'm likely to get tetchy.

If their decision didn't impact me or mine, I'd be right there with you.