Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Shakti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2017, 3:38 am

OK, a really turbulent night I had last night inspired me to research more herbal meds to get this under control asap. 2 weeks ago, I started on St. John's Wort, which takes at least a month to see the full effect, and Milk Thistle, as according to my acupuncturist my liver is stagnated, which leads to rage issues, as if anger can't flow in and out of the body in a healthy way then it tends to come out all at once as the proverbial dam breaks.

I Googled "herbal antipsychotics", and both Ginseng and Gingko Biloba seem promising. I want to try this before even thinking about a prescription, as the prescription antipressants have either caused weight gain or depression, and I've still been angry and depressed on them. At the moment, I use marijuana for depression (which I want to reduce, damn that stuff is making me lazy) and melatonin for sleep. Neither of which I can fatally overdose on.

For overstimulation and public meltdowns, what does work best, in your experience?

New Facebook community to help us mange and thrive on the spectrum, using food as medicine, exercise, herbs, and more. All are welcome, just click here to join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1117754195026933

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 5:53 am

When I lived in Hong Kong I was warned against taking too much ginseng because it's a stimulant. It can muck up your hormones, I think, so I suggest you keep to small doses and see how you go.
There they get it as dried root slices and steep it like tea, it's drunk by the elderly to keep themselves energised, I'm not sure about other uses.

Shakti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2017, 8:47 am

Something with a stimulant effect is what I need for daytime, and melatonin seems to be a good one for night already. The smaller the dose the better, I figured build it up slowly anyway otherwise that could get expensive. And I have only been on St. John's Wort for 2 weeks, I need another 2 weeks for it to kick in fully, then I can asses other things better.

New Facebook community to help us mange and thrive on the spectrum, using food as medicine, exercise, herbs, and more. All are welcome, just click here to join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1117754195026933

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 1:45 am

I would eat about five or six of those overpriced herbal stink pellets at a time I used to be so desperate before any docs took me seriously, I felt very mild effects, I am not sedated easily I discovered through my journey experimenting and being prescribed substances, doesn't mean they don't do wonders for other people, we've all got different brains.

Shakti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Nov 2017, 3:00 am

True, we are all different. My visible stress levels are all situation dependent, and right now I'm living every parent's worst nightmare, so there you go.