Autistic Jack Robison Escaped 60 Years in Prison; Now He’s Revolutionizing the Internet

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

alex
Developer
Developer

05 Jan 2016, 2:51 pm

I'm excited to share the news that Autism Talk TV host and Wrong Planet contributor Jack Robison has joined the LBRY project as a core developer. Jack is a great guy and incredibly passionate about technology and science. Here is the announcement from LBRY:

Today, we officially announce the addition of Jack Robison to the LBRY team as Core Developer. Jack has been working on the project for some time, and we thought it was about time to recognize his growing role.

We value Jack for his bursts of creative energy. In fact, Jack has quite a history with explosions. In high school, some ...

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2016, 4:56 pm

Excellent news! That must be a pretty cool technology if he has gotten so into it.

I wonder how this will be different than the many other sharing technologies that have been crushed or sidelined by IP control conglomerates? I hope it works out. I will certainly be following LBRY, now.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 11:04 am

This calls for a celebration! :afro:

AR15000
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jan 2016, 2:04 pm

An autistic hipster? LOL it had to happen

AlanR76
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Feb 2016, 10:25 pm

Hello I am Alan , New to this forum. I was certainly attracted to this article. As a child I was copper and silver plating different metals, obsessed with chemistry and similar "boom-boom" experiments with various combinations of powders, petroleum distillates, etc. Nowadays with what happens in the world and because of the Patriot act, we are all at risk. Even with innocent attempts to do things that were once free to do, safety is a must. Too many have ruined our freedoms either by accident or on purpose. In some cases people have been hurt, even when that was not the intention. Look at how even consumer fireworks have burned homes and forests, and also injured or killed others. I'm glad nobody is in trouble here or got hurt. Jack, at least you got to explore the fun for a bit. See about getting involved with a pyrotechnician, obtaining a license to do this sort of thing legally, perhaps on a smaller scale! Perhaps you could develop different ways to help those companies produce a new type of firework. If you are allowed to of course. Or see about contacting the "Mythbusters", perhaps Jamie will allow you to do some experiments supervised by professionals, of course!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 10:55 pm

Can he spare some time to fix the awful Captcha glitches on WP?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 1:53 am

I keep reading the title as he was in prison and he escaped from it for 60 years.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 2:56 am

League_Girl wrote:
I keep reading the title as he was in prison and he escaped from it for 60 years.

Me too.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 3:38 pm

I had a Special Interest once that almost landed me in prison. I was very lucky but it certainly 'nixed' my interest in it too! Scared the crap out of me for some weeks.

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

PseudointellectualHorse
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Mar 2016, 6:04 pm

It's normal and even healthy for a boy to be drawn to neat tools of potent hardware...guns, explosives, whatever. The dangers of unfettered access are obvious, but the destructive extremism of criminalizing innocent play leaves life a joyless affair.

Dammit, the only reason a red-blooded boy ever got a chemistry set in the first place was for pyrotechnic play. Everybody knows this, whether they'll admit it or not.

I fear we're transitioning into a swarm of human drones. I'm glad I could get on board before the humanity was entirely crushed out of us, but I feel bad for the coming generation. We owe them a better shot than we're giving them.

An evil sign of the times: Chemistry 60: The Chemistry Set Without Chemicals

blueblood
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2018, 10:50 am

awesome and smart guy