Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2018, 6:47 am

finally hittin' the hay now. :tired:

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 12:29 am

Night owl. The world's very busy and noisy during the day, at night it's like the world can become my fortress of solitude - only time I can truly find peace in the chaos.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 12:30 am

listening to music without the neighbor's sounds is a blessing of the night. :dj:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 1:16 am

SaveFerris wrote:

Exactly.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Jun 2018, 5:09 am

BeaArthur wrote:
If placed in a cave environment where there is no natural sunshine and no clocks, people's tendency to sleep and wake varies all over the place, with some having a shorter and others a longer day-length than 24 hours. These differences can cause a number of different sorts of sleep disorders.

In everyday life, we are "entrained" (re-set) by events such as a work shift, sunrise, television shows we regularly watch, and so on. (In my case, my cats, wanting to be fed in the morning!)

I sit here at 5am, having fed my cat, and wonder where on God's green earth is this cave and why were you there? :lol:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2018, 10:59 am

Oh yes, definitely. I wish I could go to bed and get up at a reasonable hour, but that's only because society thinks night owls are lazy and that you need to get up at the crack of dawn and pump yourself up full of caffeine so you can go around saving the world like Superman. :roll: I'm pretty sure even Superman needs to sleep sometimes.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 9:32 am

I'm trying to go to bed at 9:30am.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 12:39 pm

I really love being awake at night. I find it relaxing. I have to go to bed early most of the time though because of school, but I like to stay up late when I can.

In my house, everybody else aside from me and my younger sister likes to get up early so it's a struggle for us to sleep in when we want to because of the noise.

If I ever move out and get my own place, I might become nocturnal.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 8:16 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
If placed in a cave environment where there is no natural sunshine and no clocks, people's tendency to sleep and wake varies all over the place

And it can be surprisingly amusing! Back in my caving days, we'd do an underground camp in one of the bigger systems once or twice a year, so that we could get to all the nooks and crannies. Of course, we always took a timepiece, but it's amazing how after only a couple of days people start losing trust in the clock, and getting everyone ready at the same time for the day's exploration was like herding cats. It definitely seemed to give some people a taste of what late/early-onset insomnia is like (oh, sweet shadenfreude! :twisted: )

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 9:38 pm

I sleep from 10:00 to 17:00 every day, find it wonderful, hate the daytime. The dark gives me energy and the silence is soothing and peaceful. No people, they are all asleep, just fantastic. In the day I sleep with headphones on and don't hear a thing.

If I need to go somewhere, I just don't sleep or get out early or go to bed later. Doesn't bother me.

Has been like this for over 10 years now.

A few weeks back I had to go to a hospital in the basement and they had this cold big room where all the files were stored and they made photos. The guy told me I probably got claustrophobic because there were no windows, the ceiling was lower and it was dark but I felt so at home, it was awesome. Strange, but I felt safe.

Just need to drink some blood every week to keep me going, that's all :wink: (joke of course)

Or is it... :skull:

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2018, 10:30 pm

Almost 4.30 am here, quite typical for me still to be up. Have been 'abnormal' in this respect (and in many others) pretty much all my life. Will probably go to bed when WP does its usual daily disappearing act in around 20 minutes.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2018, 12:38 am

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
I sleep from 10:00 to 17:00 every day, find it wonderful, hate the daytime. The dark gives me energy and the silence is soothing and peaceful. No people, they are all asleep, just fantastic. In the day I sleep with headphones on and don't hear a thing.

If I need to go somewhere, I just don't sleep or get out early or go to bed later. Doesn't bother me.

A few weeks back I had to go to a hospital in the basement and they had this cold big room where all the files were stored and they made photos. The guy told me I probably got claustrophobic because there were no windows, the ceiling was lower and it was dark but I felt so at home, it was awesome. Strange, but I felt safe.

Just need to drink some blood every week to keep me going, that's all :wink: (joke of course)

I prefer to sleep in the day too but have a non 24 hour sleeping pattern and cycle through.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2018, 1:04 am

I have to fight a tendency for my biorhythms to "go around the clock" once every 3 weeks or so.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2018, 3:41 pm

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:

dude join my cult :skull: :heart:

the night is when the creative mind thrives best ~

Deepthought 7
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2018, 4:56 pm

I go to bed about 8 in the morning until about 3 in the afternoon. In the daytime the ultraviolet light provides to much stimulus, whilst from 11 at night to dawn it is all nice and calm, with most people on the whole being asleep as well :heart: