Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

alobaby
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 May 2019, 5:07 pm

It's kinda hard for me to identify them because of my lack of motivation to be involved with my SIs due to depression and what not, but I do know that I love Skyrim, My Little Pony, and cats!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 6:52 pm

"SIs" == "Special Interests"?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 7:07 pm

Fnord wrote:
"SIs" == "Special Interests"?

I'm going to assume that.

Mine are meerkats, zoology, and veterinary medicine

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 8:40 pm

Cats, tennis, reading, writing, autism/Asperger syndrome, medical topics

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 9:15 pm

Paleontology, city-planning, and medicine. They are all connected at some strange points so really I only have one giant disconnected special interest but it's hard to explain.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 2:18 am

Taking in information and visual stimuli in various modes.

AceofPens
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2019, 7:22 am

I haven't had one in months, although I used to have a special interest in curricula and I've been revisiting it recently. It's just not intense enough to call a special interest right now. I've been revisiting many special interests in a healthier manner recently - like a pseudo-meteorite I was obsessed with a few years ago. I finally started typing up its history this spring, and I hope to finish it by the end of the summer. It's been enjoyable.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 7:53 am

Self-improvement.
Formulating intellectual constructs.
Improving my vocabulary.
Researching topics.
Strategy games.
FPS games.
Pets.
Managing old age.
Working out WTF "SIs" means. :mrgreen:

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 8:55 am

ASD, video games (especially Mario Kart), pets, and other small things.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 8:56 am

Science, Science-Fiction, and Science-Fiction Role-Playing Games.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 9:16 am

Pets are popular here-lots of fellow cat lovers!

My current special interest is the subject of my user name, Denis Istomin. He is very inspiring to me.

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2019, 9:55 am

Politics is a major one for me, although politics can entail a wide variety of other fields. Politics is genetics, neurochemistry, mass and individual behavioral psychology, economics, marketing, and communications.

So I will tend to become proficient in the facets of those extra fields which are relevant to my view of politics and then I won't bother learning the rest. I have catalogues of formal, academic citations that I can weaponize against a debate opponent.

I also love music theory and have spent a large amount of time studying the crafts of performance and composition. I've gone from studying classical and jazz to analyzing contemporary pop trying to divine the qualities necessary to be profitable.

I have also developed quite a fascination with ASD. When I first researched it, I couldn't stop thinking about it for 2 weeks. I mean that literally. I woke up thinking about it. I would think about it while doing other things. It was like a tab open in my brain and I couldn't let it go. I've toned down the obsession since then, although I still think about it and do research frequently.

We seldom realize, for example, that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society - Alan Watts

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 10:42 am

Grange Hill.

Map84
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 May 2019, 12:53 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Grange Hill.

Seriously? The glue sniffing scene haunted my childhood lol. I believe there was some old computer game based on that?

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 88 of 200

alobaby

09 May 2019, 3:09 pm

Yes! SIs as in Special Interests! I love everyone's interests!!

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2019, 4:45 pm

dyadiccounterpoint wrote:
Politics is a major one for me, although politics can entail a wide variety of other fields. Politics is genetics, neurochemistry, mass and individual behavioral psychology, economics, marketing, and communications.

So I will tend to become proficient in the facets of those extra fields which are relevant to my view of politics and then I won't bother learning the rest. I have catalogues of formal, academic citations that I can weaponize against a debate opponent.

I also love music theory and have spent a large amount of time studying the crafts of performance and composition. I've gone from studying classical and jazz to analyzing contemporary pop trying to divine the qualities necessary to be profitable.

I have also developed quite a fascination with ASD. When I first researched it, I couldn't stop thinking about it for 2 weeks. I mean that literally. I woke up thinking about it. I would think about it while doing other things. It was like a tab open in my brain and I couldn't let it go. I've toned down the obsession since then, although I still think about it and do research frequently.

Same on politics, though my main interest therein is foreign affairs and leftist (mainly Marxist) politics. I have a Masters in it and wanna go on to a PhD, but in a different field.

Visual arts definitely, European and various types of Asian art. Certain types of EDM (electronic dance music), though I'd like to get more into Jazz and Latin American music.

I used to be a Joss Whedon-holic, i.e. Buffy, Angel, Firefly/Serenity, Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible, Much Ado About Nothing, though I've never seen his superhero stuff. I used to be into Dr. Who (classic and the reboot series) and Deep Space 9 (showing my age). I need a new show.

And I dunno if ASD is an SI for me, but I've definitely been spending a fair amount time on it since I started CBT therapy a couple months ago and became more active on this website.