Anybody else score higher on EQ than SQ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2019, 7:45 am

Is anyone else on the spectrum and have an Empathizing Quotient (EQ) score higher than their Systemizing Quotient (SQ)? and how you think that effects your autism.

I got a formal aspergers diagnosis earlier this year and I’m still learning about my autism. I’m becoming more familiar with one of the theories about ASD which seems to say autism is associated with a systemizing brain (analysing and construct systems) rather than an empathizing brain (understanding the thoughts and feelings of others).

Looking at an old post, this seems to be typically true in WP members (people overwhelmingly reported SQ higher than EQ):
viewtopic.php?t=47254&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

I feel like a bit of a freak cause I scored the opposite.
EQ - Higher than average
SQ - below average

Statistically this makes me an outlier. I was wondering if there are any other EQ>SQ outliers like me and how you think that effects how your autism presents. For me I think this means I'm sensitive to the emotions of others and I'm told I'm a great listener, but I still have a very hard time identifying what I'm feeling myself. I am very systemizing in my area of interest, but am very disorganised in most other areas of my life.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2019, 9:04 am

I did. My EQ was relatively high, while my SQ was rather low. I am not very technologically savvy, which accounted for the low SQ score.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2019, 9:37 am

Both my EQ and SQ were lower than average .

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2019, 10:05 pm

IstominFan wrote:
I did. My EQ was relatively high, while my SQ was rather low. I am not very technologically savvy, which accounted for the low SQ score.

Thanks for your reply. It's reassuring to meet another member who is a bit of an outlier in this area like me. Do you see your relatively high EQ making any difference in the way you understand yours and others emotions (compared to what most WP members seem to report.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2019, 10:58 pm

I can 'attain' lower SQ and higher EQ. Which is more or less had been the case nowadays.

Same with higher SQ and lower EQ. Which dominated most of my childhood and teen years.

Both can be better or worse... For now it's on a 'worse' scale.
It's just this, within a certain timespan and situation.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2019, 4:45 am

Edna3362 wrote:
I can 'attain' lower SQ and higher EQ. Which is more or less had been the case nowadays.

Same with higher SQ and lower EQ. Which dominated most of my childhood and teen years.

Both can be better or worse... For now it's on a 'worse' scale.
It's just this, within a certain timespan and situation.

So are you saying that it changed over time for you?