Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2019, 11:21 am

I rely on my stepdaughter to take me grocery shopping. I'd prefer doing it on a Sunday, but that's not always possible without inconveniencing my stepdaughter which I don't want to do. My need for a routine , i.e. Sunday to Sunday has to take a back seat to that.

Eliza_Day
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Sep 2019, 3:55 pm

I rely on my mum too much, especially when I have to go out or deal with people.

We do our shopping on a Thursday because it's the quietest time, I've found. We either go in the morning when the supermarket opens or about 90 minutes before closing time.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 5:51 pm

My stepdaughter would prefer to take me when it's not busy, as she knows I get anxious if it is. However it's not always possible with her work schedule .

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 6:00 pm

firemonkey wrote:
My stepdaughter would prefer to take me when it's not busy, as she knows I get anxious if it is. However it's not always possible with her work schedule .

One thing you might try to reduce the anxiety level is put on mild sunglasses. That way eye contact is eliminated and no one will wonder why you aren't making eye contact. A little trick I learned. Make sure they're not too dark, though. It can get difficult to see indoors.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 6:06 pm

I don't doubt wearing sunglasses is a good idea. However I'm not sure how I'd do that as I wear glasses due to being short-sighted .

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 6:44 pm

I still rely on my parents for a lot of things.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

FallingDownMan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Sep 2019, 7:01 pm

firemonkey wrote:
I don't doubt wearing sunglasses is a good idea. However I'm not sure how I'd do that as I wear glasses due to being short-sighted .

I wear bifocal glasses and use clip on sun glasses over top of the bifocals. I wear the clip-ons any time that I leave my apartment during daylight hours, or inside of EVERY store no matter the time of day. They help me because I am light sensitive, but I don't see why they wouldn't help with avoiding eye contact. The only pain is carrying them around at night time while driving to said store. I've broken a couple of them by sitting down with the clip-ons in my pocket.