Ever imagine yourself in another place, and another time?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

27 Dec 2023, 9:16 pm

Self-explanatory Q, pretty much. Whenever I get bored, or just want to escape from a bad situation, I imagine yourself in another place, and another time.

Most of these fantasies involve me working in TV or some form of media, or sports in the 1980s. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Campingbare
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Dec 2023, 10:40 pm

Just pretty much anywhere quiet when I am in a forced social situation.

A deserted island, a closet, under a bed, the middle of the woods - any of that will do.

I dabble in science fiction writing, so I will work out story issues when I am in a tedious group situation.

Meyer-Briggs: INTP Comorbidities: Narcolepsy, NFLE, Alexithemia, Dyspraxia, Prosopagnosia, Anomia, IBS
........................If God meant for us to go around naked, we'd have been born that way........................

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2023, 12:34 am

I do. I like to imagine two different scenarios. The first one is me riding a British motorcycle down Carnaby Street during the Mid 60s.

The second one is me guarding a POW camp in Germany during a certain time.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2023, 3:02 am

Plenty of times.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Campingbare
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Dec 2023, 8:42 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I do. I like to imagine two different scenarios. The first one is me riding a British motorcycle down Carnaby Street during the Mid 60s.

The second one is me guarding a POW camp in Germany during a certain time.

I would know NOTHING about that.

Meyer-Briggs: INTP Comorbidities: Narcolepsy, NFLE, Alexithemia, Dyspraxia, Prosopagnosia, Anomia, IBS
........................If God meant for us to go around naked, we'd have been born that way........................

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2023, 10:31 pm

Settler's log, Stardate 5223.7: Stepped off the shuttle outside my new home on New Hebrides this morning. The weather was cold, rainy, but with very little wind -- perfect. My dwelling is a small two-bedroom facility best described as 'quaint'.  My Andorian neighbors were the first to greet me, showing surprise when I expressed preference for such weather.  They helped me get settled in and showed me how to order supplies from the Automart -- no replicators or transporters here, which suits me just fine . . .

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2023, 10:45 pm

Yes I've imagined myself in Victorian times quite a bit, because the era fascinates me. I've also imagined myself back in Stone Age times. But it's mostly a sense of history rather than escapism that's caused me to do that. OTOH I think most modern styles of architecture, clothing, etc. look stupid, so it would be good to get away from all that tasteless rubbish.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 12:18 am

Yes, I feel hopeless about this era and hope for a fairy tale fantasy world. For me, it is China led by Mao
A fictitious society of my own that has extensive oversight of government and real power in its hands, and the belief that hunger is temporary.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 8:56 am

most of my life, imagined unlimited trails , horseback riding or hiking, living in a one room cabin in the woods... I used to think I was born way too late. Horses as transportation would have suited me perfectly. Except that I could see it was impossible for women/girls of those ages, riding astride was for boys and women were hobbled with impossible clothing and other social forms of restriction. So I also wished I was male.
" If wishes were horses" made perfect sense to me.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Vander571
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jan 2024, 11:58 pm

Sounds like maladaptive daydreaming?

I don't have Autism, I was born this way. I'm simply called an Autistic.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 12:14 pm

In my "happy place" people average smarter and kinder than on Earth. However, most of my life has been overshadowed by a strong awareness that I would be among the first people to ever see human population triple in their own lifetime. I am acutely aware that unless people suddenly change their habits, we won't be able to sustain these numbers. It as if we had been living in a city for hundreds of years, and then everyone got several new roommates, but they were all still trying to pretend there was plenty of space.