Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Wreckferret
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Nov 2007, 7:54 pm

Anyone else ever get this gut wrenching feeling like your going to be late, or run out of time to do something when, in reality, there is nothing to do and nothing to be late for?

Happens to me maybe once or twice a week and even though i know i'm not missing anything i just feel like the clock is running down.

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Nov 2007, 7:58 pm

All of the time! We're oppressed by time concepts, but have trouble managing time.

Paradox! Yet another aspie service that we offer!

Fatal-Noogie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: California coast, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Cosmos

06 Nov 2007, 9:04 pm

Yes! I'm a mechanical engineering student, so I usually three or four assignments to finish at any given time, but even in my free time, I FEEL like I'm forgetting to do something important, or like there's some event that I'm supposed to be at right now. Incidentally, there is something I have to do tonight. I have a Thermal Measurements midterm tomorrow so I can't delay too long.

Wreckferret
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Nov 2007, 9:11 pm

Fatal-Noogie wrote:
Yes! I'm a mechanical engineering student, so I usually three or four assignments to finish at any given time,

Thats interesting as i was worse when i was in uni and had all my stuff in hand (if not finished)... finished 6 months ago but still happens occasionaly

Brooklyn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Nov 2007, 9:15 pm

I sometimes feel as though I'm running late for something, even if my Outlook (which has become my saving grace) says that I'm not scheduled for anything.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2007, 9:31 pm

Liverbird wrote:
All of the time! We're oppressed by time concepts, but have trouble managing time.

Paradox! Yet another aspie service that we offer!

oh! Liverbird, THERE you are!
We were all concerned for you over in the thread you started about being all depressed. We were there posting for you and wanting to comfort you, but it looks like you are ok and didn't even go back to check out if anyone even cared.

Glad to see you are OK now.

Merle

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

06 Nov 2007, 9:39 pm

Yes. I also call it "the Sunday night feeling."

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2007, 9:43 pm

All clocks reboot at midnight.

I lived without on for years, day, night, day again, I was the only constant.

A few minutes a day checking the time is twelve hours a year. Time wastes time.

SKOREAPV83
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Nov 2007, 10:13 pm

I get that feeling 2-5 times a week. I don't know why, but I know exactly what you're talking about. I started experiencing that kind of feelings when I was 10 & I believe they'll continue well into my adulthood.

Wreckferret
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Nov 2007, 10:20 pm

SKOREAPV83 wrote:
I believe they'll continue well into my adulthood.

well i'm 28 and i dont see any sign of them stopping, although they get less frequent when i'm not stressed.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Nov 2007, 7:17 am

Yes, definitely, often. Is horrible. Happens even when have nothing programmed. Ghastly.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

07 Nov 2007, 7:56 am

Wreckferret wrote:
Anyone else ever get this gut wrenching feeling like your going to be late, or run out of time to do something when, in reality, there is nothing to do and nothing to be late for?

Happens to me maybe once or twice a week and even though i know i'm not missing anything i just feel like the clock is running down.

I'm not sure if what I am about to describe is the same thing or not...but here it is...

I sometimes feel that I am late on everything! For example, later to find a course that suits me, later to find a job, later to make friends etc. Basically later in life in general. I know that this is not true as many people my age don't have jobs or are inrolled in a course...but as far as the friends thing goes, I am late for that and don't think I will ever catch up.

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 8:04 am

I feel like I am running out of youth, I just wish I could be more productive. My time management is fairly poor!!

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 10:07 am

All the time. There are never enough minutes in the hour, hours in the day, days in the week to fit in everything I want/have to do.

Not peculiar to aspies though, NT's say the same thing.

It is either just the pace of modern life, or time itself is really speeding up, or:-

My theory is that it is because every year we live is a smaller percentage of our overall lifespan, so the years seem to get shorter, i.e. when I was 4, a year was a quarter of my life, but when I was 40, it was only a 40th of my life.

Unless of course the prophecies of the world ending in 2012 are true, in which case we only have 5 years left to fit in everything we want to do......

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

07 Nov 2007, 10:31 am

i probably could spend my time more wisely, but dont :wink:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

07 Nov 2007, 10:54 am

first of all theres to many cards to collect, card companies just keep making them so they need collecting :P