We are not protecting our site with matter-of-strength

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 12:37 pm

I know each and every moderator is a volunteer, and I thank them all for their time.

But all the same, this is perhaps the greatest crisis for WrongPlanet. We need to defend ourselves very matter-of-factly, and medium step by medium step, and win! :jester:

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 1:03 pm

maybe it's time for all new members to be on moderation until they have half a dozen posts or so, which show that they're actual persons.

And we keep the actual number close to the vest. We don't reveal the actual number, we may even change it from time to time. That will make it harder to game the system.

Aaron Rhodes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jun 2017, 2:10 pm

How many pages is this garbage up to now? Do moderators check only once a month or something? It doesn't take too long to enter this site and check a few of the forums for these spammed posts. Just ban the people putting up these posts or at least remove the 4 plus pages they've wasted. Who wants to look through all of that just to find the posts that belong here?

Simon01
Raven
Raven

23 Jun 2017, 2:21 pm

What's been happening lately that's allowing so much spam all of the sudden? I joined back in January but only started seeing the barrage of spam postings in the past few weeks.