Asperger's is the least of my worries for now

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 3:35 pm

I don't care whether I have Asperger's or not at the moment, who f*****g cares? All I want is my life to return to normal - so that I CAN continue to beat myself up about having Asperger's. I'll rather be depressed about having Asperger's than being depressed about my freedom being limited, the uncertainty of how I'm going to get through this spring, the disappointment that all this had to happen during my favourite time of the year (plus my 30th birthday), the worry of me or my more vulnerable loved ones getting the coronavirus, the shelves being empty in every food store I go to, and the scary problems self-isolating will bring like running low on supplies.

I'd rather just be feeling depressed about my cousins having more friends than me, or my cousins going out clubbing every weekend, or whatever.

The first world problems I used to have;

When my favourite bus was moved unexpectedly to a different bus company and I spent days grieving over it :roll:

When snow was forecasted :roll:

When I caught a cold :roll:

How many people should I invite to my wedding (now I can't have a wedding at all) :roll:

My boyfriend going out and getting drunk in a bar with his friends :roll:

My uncle criticising me :roll:

How my Asperger's affected my school life :roll:

When the supermarket ran out of my favourite thing for a day (now they've run out of everything) :roll:

All these things I used to get depressed over just seem like nothing to me now. This coronavirus nightmare is the worst crisis my life has ever faced. :cry:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 3:46 pm

Yep. I know what you mean.

This is going to be a grind.

But you might become stronger because of it.

And, when it’s over, you will feel so good.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 10:34 am

In complete agreement with both of you, Joe and Kraftie!

I feel sad separated from the activities I love. In the past five years, I have attained a life almost approaching a normal life with a lot of independence within the scope of my limitations.

I hope that I can write a happy ending to this sad story.

darkwaver
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Mar 2020, 5:37 pm

There is much to worry about right now, but all we can do is get through it and remember that this situation won't last forever. Maybe once it's over, the old ordinary anxieties will continue to seem less important than they used to.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 7:05 pm

Maybe after this is all over those other problems will not seem so large, or maybe not.

You and most of the world has not experienced anything remotely like this.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2020, 7:14 pm

I used to have different social issues on my mind. Now it's Coronavirus and how do I want people to remember me.