Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

dogactor87
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2008, 6:26 am

Hi
Im new here but I thought you all may be able to help me.
I'm doing an animation course at university and I'm starting a new animation called 'A Day in the Life of a Person with Asperger Syndrome.'
But I want it to be good, visual and story wise AND explain a lot of things people like us go through.
SOOOO
If you have any stories about something that happened to you that shows pure aspergers can you please post it. When I have finished it i will post it on here too so you never know. Your story may be a part of it :D
Thanks
I appreciate it.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 6:34 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 8:00 am

Let me see if I can help...
Something I do that is purely Asperger's is:
I have super strong interests, also known as obssessions or persiverartions.
When I start focusing on my chosen obsession, I REALLY focus on it. It becomes the most important thing to me at the time, and if somebody is near me and I want to talk to them bout it, I will talk on endlessly. I can get quite upset if prevented from going on about my chosen obsession, so much so that I will cry or get very mad. Once I start to talk about it, it is hard to stop, I think of the obsession as "sticky" and hard to remove once it gets going. I will bring it up over and over, especially if the obsession happens to be a problem I want resolved. If it is in my head and it happens to be an unresolvable issue, and there is noone around to talk to about it, I can even become depressed.