Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

stripey
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Apr 2008, 2:35 am

I have recently volunteered for research at the Maudsley Institute Oxford where they will take a an image of my brain.

I will also be required to take some tests, anybody have any experience or taken part in anything like this?

Purplefluffychainsaw
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Apr 2008, 2:42 am

Oooh, is there one in oxford too? I'm gonna put my details in with the autism research group in cambridge over the summer, and my boyfriend wants to do a brain scan there, half because of the money and half because for the brain scan itself. XD

I don't think it's anything you need to be worried about it. If you email them and ask for more details then they should give them too you. Do you know what type of tests it is? You might want to find out if they involve drugs or not, especially if you haven't disclosed your autism (assuming you have it). I couldn't take part in a test on depression because it involved taking something that might have upset my epilepsy.

Good luck, anyway. ^___^

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 5:02 am

Well I might as well go. I could do with the money.

Fred54
Raven
Raven

01 Apr 2008, 8:47 am

stripey wrote:
I have recently volunteered for research at the Maudsley Institute Oxford where they will take a an image of my brain.

I will also be required to take some tests, anybody have any experience or taken part in anything like this?

I am in the same boat as you! I'll do fMRI, cognitive tests, IQ tests, etc. I volunteered for research at the University Of Montréal. In fact my psy asked me if I was interested to be part of it, I said hell yes!
They will contact me soon I hope.

oxes
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Apr 2008, 2:35 am

i'm also taking part in a study.... but as part of a control group against stroke patients undergoing transcranial magnetic stimulation treatment.

on topic: about a year back i had extensive psych testing. was a breeze, excepting the short-term recall section. i have very poor auditory memory.