My Asperger traits came out right at the end of my D.C. trip

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

MiniMozartAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 May 2008, 12:37 am

I was doing fine, all happy go lucky until the ride back home on the charter!

My friend refused to let me sit with him,and (considering it was a 19 hour bus ride home!)that just really p*ssed me off :x

All the hyperness,rage,everything just started coming out! :drunken:

I managed to make it to Wendy's before I just totally snapped :twisted:

My other friend walks over (who I mistook as the one who kicked me out of a seat!)
and I just blew a fuse. :evil: Everyone was just staring at me like I was insane!

And eventually the Aspie in me took over, but that was a good thing. :drunken:

What I'm saying is........ I was doing all perfect(ish)until the little crazy guy in my head took over,and temporaily caused me to go crazy!

Has this ever happened to any of you? I'm just curious about it....

murglefluffbannanamunkecheez!!

kip
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 1:35 am

Yea. I was in cali meeting my BF's family. For the first time but of course. So I'm already stressing about meeting the family, then MORE family shows up, then his grandma takes us to dinner.

So now I'm in some part of LA I've never heard of, with my car some 30 miles away, meeting people I've never even spoken to on the phone. NOT A GOOD DAY!! !! !!

We were gonna stay a few days but I had to get back home to familiar things before I lost it. Plus, it didn't help that the entire trip was planned about 30 mins before we left.

So I know what you mean! I'm sorry your friend had to be such a dope and not sit with you...

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

Pobodys_Nerfect
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 3:05 am

Yea that's happened to me too. Not proud of it :cry: why do we do that, out of frustration?

robinhood
Toucan
Toucan

30 May 2008, 3:47 am

yeah, i've had a few spectacular blow-outs when things couldn't be just the way i wanted.

my top three favourites:

3. crying when i didn't have the correct fare to get on a bus to school at age 14;
2. losing it at my friends on a mountain walking expedition when they didn't want to stick to our pre-agreed walking route;
1. totally blowing out my work superiors when a promotion i was supposed to get was delayed (not scrapped, just delayed by a month for administrative reasons)

just think of it as your rock n'roll persona. why be embarrassed... celebrities act like it all the time, and they get glorified for it :wink:

it would be a terrible thing if other people could work me out. that would mean i was superficial. don't feel bad.

drybones
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2008, 3:49 am

MiniMozartAspie wrote:
What I'm saying is........ I was doing all perfect(ish)until the little crazy guy in my head took over,and temporaily caused me to go crazy!

yes, frequently :(

SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2008, 3:53 am

I have crazy little guys in my head chained down.

Well... the one... The other one isn't a guy at all.

But I don't listen to my lower instinct usually. He suggests stupid things.