Do you have a special relationship with object?

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

aspiartist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 5:39 pm

doordoctor, Unless I'm understanding you wrong, many people on the spectrum are asexual so that probably doesn't apply here.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 8:07 pm

careful not to get too attached to objects.. they are just things..

although to be honest im a similar way.. I have a little wooden box of notes and love notes and memorabilia that i've had sine elementary school :D

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 8:12 pm

I am way too attached to my computer... it's not just that I am a net addict (I admit I am!) but I don't feel overly comfortable if I use the computer at work or at someone else's house. My husband has his own computer in the living room and I don't even feel comfortable with using THAT!! Just the one that I am on, I am the most comfortable with. So I am too attached to my computer. Oh and well... I was a little too attached to my Plymouth Sundance that I had for 14 years. I called it my "little red baby". It was very hard to give it up as it was half broken down and had to break down and get a new car in February... but I am well over it now :) But on the other hand, I think a lot of people, autistic or not become attached to their cars. Or maybe not.. my cheap car lasted a LONG time, due to me being unable to let it go for the longest time (it should have been replaced 5 years ago really.. and I didn't care that I had to take it to the mechanic frequently.. it was MY little red baby).

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 8:23 pm

I have a Timon stuffed animal my brother gave me for Christmas 1994. He is fourteen years old, dirty and falling apart at the seams. I have to have him in order to fall asleep. Sniffing him makes me calm and at ease. Whenever I have a meltdown or panic attack I hold him and sniff him and I feel better. He smells sooo good (at least to me anyway). If bliss had a sent this is what it would smell like. I plan my trips around him. I will not go anywhere via plane for fear of having him confiscated by TSA. I plan to be burried with him.

Last edited by PunkyKat on 10 Sep 2008, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 9:50 pm

Definitely my computer.

finrod
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Sep 2008, 10:14 pm

no but i had a teddy bear as a child and I carried him everywhere

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 10:19 pm

Actually as a child I had Bugs Bunny and my mother had to take it away from me when I was 10 because it was like an obsession.. but before I was concentrating on my most recent favorite objects :)

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 10:23 pm

[quote="lionesss"]Actually as a child I had Bugs Bunny and my mother had to take it away from me when I was 10 because it was like an obsession.. quote]

I don't think I like your mother very much. My mother would let me drag my Timon around in public if I wanted too.

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 10:24 pm

When I was very young I had a hollow rubber toy crocodile that I carried around everywhere. All the dolls and stuff people gave me ended up inside it, which is why it eventually split down the middle :(
I was an interesting child.

Carbonhalo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Sep 2008, 11:22 pm

I get addicted to the feel of some objects.
For a while I used to carry in my pockets a variety of tactile stimuli...

favourites were a whole macadamia nut and a 20 sided dice... they lasted for years..
I particularly like the way they roll off the car when the police get you to turn out your pockets.
For some reason... they always have to pick it up and put it back on the hood... from where it promptly rolls off again.
It's like forcing OCD on authority :D

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 12:04 am

Carbonhalo wrote:
I get addicted to the feel of some objects.
For a while I used to carry in my pockets a variety of tactile stimuli...

favourites were a whole macadamia nut and a 20 sided dice... they lasted for years..
I particularly like the way they roll off the car when the police get you to turn out your pockets.
For some reason... they always have to pick it up and put it back on the hood... from where it promptly rolls off again.
It's like forcing OCD on authority :D

LOL

Why were the police involved?

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 12:09 am

yes my cell phone dude and my pot i can never live without them hahaha, my cellphone dude especially need him to bite, rub, and hold on to haha.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 12:32 am

Age1600 wrote:
yes my cell phone dude and my pot i can never live without them hahaha, my cellphone dude especially need him to bite, rub, and hold on to haha.

Jay and Silent Bob/View Askewniverse reference/joke?

Also...hmmm. my Star Wara and Domo-kun hats..I feel more 'protected' with them on and less of a nagging about whether my hair is okay...not relly attached...

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 12:34 am

aspiartist wrote:
doordoctor, Unless I'm understanding you wrong, many people on the spectrum are asexual so that probably doesn't apply here.

erm...not that I know of...

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 12:35 am

My ChevroZuke - Jacques is very much loved by me. I talk to him on drives. I have kissed my little truckcar!

Monday I backed hik into a tree. I was tired and melty and lost the tree. I feel so guilty. I feel as if he is in pain. I feel as though I - through carelessness - caused him pain.

He is in car hospital now. I miss him very much.

No, I do not become attached to objects. Haha. I think how I hurt him and I tear up.

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

aspiartist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 12:41 am

Warsie wrote:
aspiartist wrote:

erm...not that I know of...

Well, to each his own, for sure!