how were you (U.S.) dx'd for dyspraxia (DCD)?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

vivinator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2008, 9:47 pm

well I am thinking of going for a neuropsych eval to see if I have as, nld, etc. my main problems or at least the most visible ones seem to be coordination and I am slow with things like filing. can psychs make a dyspraxia (known as DCD in the US) assessment?

-HL Mencken

-as of now official dx is ADHD (inattentive type) but said ADD (314.00) on the dx paper, PDD-NOS and was told looks like I have NLD

krex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 10:05 pm

I'm interested in finding this out as well . I went to someone who was supposed to be an "expert" in evaluating As in adults and there was no neurological evaluation at all . I was Dxed with As but I believe my co-morbids are actually what are causing me the problems and there was no evaluation for those . All he suggested was that I take Adderal an come in to talk to him a few times a month 8O ..."Excuse me dear sir, but my brain is not working, could you pretend to be a real scientist long enough to evaluate that ? " No, just some psycho babble . My personal feeling now is that we should not be evaluated by psychologist at all but Neurologist...just like my BF with MS...this is not a psychological issue but a Neurological one and I can't seem to find one that knows anything about AS in adults :cry:

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/