Would an NT if they were offered 1 million dollars convert i

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Signs654
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Dec 2008, 1:53 pm

Would an NT if they were offered 1 million dollars convert to an aspie (assuming that they could)?

ForsakenEagle
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Dec 2008, 1:57 pm

Well most NT parents would risk their newborn's life by skipping vaccinations rather than risk their child getting ASD (the vaccination myth is total s*** anyways). One million US dollars is a lot of money though. It is hard for me to predict what an NT would reason when it comes to ASD.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 2:10 pm

It would probably depend on if this was social acceptable or not. If many NTs started converting to Aspies, the rest of them would follow in their traces. But I suspect nobody would take the lead, so the answer is probably no.

ThisIsNotMyRealName
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Dec 2008, 2:11 pm

Signs654 wrote:
Would an NT if they were offered 1 million dollars convert to an aspie (assuming that they could)?

No.
But I'd imagine they'd be happy to pay twice that to be able to stay NT.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 2:30 pm

ThisIsNotMyRealName wrote:
Signs654 wrote:

No.

you know, "This is not my Real Name" just switch your terms to say. . 'white' and "colored" i.e. I would rather be "white" than "colored" and you can see why I object (personally, not as a Moderator) to your reasoning.

If you came onto a Catholic website and started telling people how they would be so much better if they embraced the concepts of Martin Luther, or if you went to a website that extolled the virtues of New England Style Clam Chowder and you were trying to exhort the values of Manhattan Style Clam Chowder, it would be the same.

At some point, you are just taunting people, because there ARE no 'cures' for Aspies, as there is no 'cure' for you being an neurotypical.

So, please tell me, what is your purpose to come onto a SUPPORT SITE for Asperger's and Autism and let people know they are too mired in their own disorder to see that being a neurotypical is much better than they will ever have?

to what purpose?

respectfully,
Merle

ForsakenEagle
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Dec 2008, 2:35 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
So, please tell me, what is your purpose to come onto a SUPPORT SITE for Asperger's and Autism and let people know they are too mired in their own disorder to see that being a neurotypical is much better than they will ever have?

When did he say that?

ThisIsNotMyRealName
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Dec 2008, 2:37 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
Signs654 wrote:

No.

you know, "This is not my Real Name" just switch your terms to say. . 'white' and "colored" i.e. I would rather be "white" than "colored" and you can see why I object (personally, not as a Moderator) to your reasoning.

If you came onto a Catholic website and started telling people how they would be so much better if they embraced the concepts of Martin Luther, or if you went to a website that extolled the virtues of New England Style Clam Chowder and you were trying to exhort the values of Manhattan Style Clam Chowder, it would be the same.

At some point, you are just taunting people, because there ARE no 'cures' for Aspies, as there is no 'cure' for you being an neurotypical.

to what purpose?

respectfully,
Merle

I don't have a mission here.

But hark ... is that the sound of a ban I hear approaching ?

DeanFoley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Dec 2008, 2:37 pm

I'm sure it isn't about offending as it is going against the ''We are so rational and better than those evil ignorant NT's!''

And racism is very, VERY different to this. Things aren't the same just because you can switch two nouns and the sentence will still make sense.

As for the question, I've no idea why anyone would pay to have a disorder.

ThisIsNotMyRealName
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Dec 2008, 2:44 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
Signs654 wrote:

No.

to what purpose?

respectfully,
Merle

And what makes you assume I'm NT rather than an Aspie who wishes he could take a pill to escape his AS for a break ?

Other than which, I think your allusions to RACISM are deeply offensive.

zebedee
Toucan
Toucan

27 Dec 2008, 4:34 pm

There's not a lot I wouldnt do for a million dollars, although allowing for the depreciation of the dollar call it 1.5 million.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 4:58 pm

If they really knew what it meant--giving up who they were to become essentially somebody else, not to mention probable brain damage from whatever process was used--I doubt most NTs would change.

The only way I could see it happening would be without that "informed consent"--people assuming they'll just get the ability to memorize large amounts of information or program computers in exchange for becoming a little more shy... No freaking way; middle of the road NT to moderate AS is a huge fundamental change. They'd have to re-learn everything, like a baby.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 5:18 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
Signs654 wrote:

No.

to what purpose?

respectfully,
Merle

I don't have a mission here.

But hark ... is that the sound of a ban I hear approaching ?

hardly. I wrote "you can see why I object (personally, not as a Moderator) to your reasoning."

I can not ban someone for having an opinion. I would not ban someone for having an opinion other than my own. We don't do it that way on WP.net. I don't know how they do it on other sites, but a ban is a very complicated thing on WrongPlanet and involves many individuals. Even if a ban were made, all bans can be appealed to other Moderators and even then to Alex Plank, the owner of this site.

It is just the moderators, who do this only for love of WP, that have to forfeit the freedom that even the newest member has to argue their opinion without bringing on the dread that somehow just because they can ban, they would ban.

Merle

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 5:47 pm

ForsakenEagle wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:

When did he say that?

my apologies, he didn't say that on this thread, I am incorrect .

Merle

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 5:55 pm

Signs654 wrote:

No.

I just asked one NT this question. The response:

"Maybe ... Yes. For the financial security."

ThisIsNotMyRealName
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Dec 2008, 5:58 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
ForsakenEagle wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:

When did he say that?

my apologies, he didn't say that on this thread, I am incorrect .

You see, you're twisting my words.

On another thread, I said that the only way AS'ers could make an objective judgment as to whether taking the cure for AS would be better, would be by taking the cure.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 6:00 pm

Hard to answer, I'd imagine an absolute money lover might, but others may not. Everybody's different, some NTs would, some wouldn't. :wink:

SpongeBobRocksMao!