Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Is your communication described as telegraphic?
Yes 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Yes 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
No 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
No 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Not sure 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Not sure 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Other (for the benefit of Spohist) 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Other (for the benefit of Spohist) 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 12

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2005, 2:04 am

My speaking and writing has been described as telegraphic, meaning that I leave out a lot of words that other people find more comfortable to include.
I notice that others on this site have similar writing styles.
I don't have any trouble reading what they wrote. I think "between the lines" means something different for NT style communication. I think they mean the emotional or other hidden messages contained. But mine doesn't have any of that so I wonder if that is why my communication is considered telegraphic.

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2005, 2:09 am

Just in case you are the base, i wanted to be first to respond to your post and i will next. After i check to see if i am #1

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2005, 2:18 am

I dont know.

what do you think.

i consider mine to be fast paced wordiness, lack of editing.

I try to type at the speed of my mind and then my thoughts lap my ttyping skills and then i tangent.

Also i justify, too much. I have been told that i am not clear enough (communication) my entire life. the reason is that i can spit out a simple quote and in my mind it is surrounded by complicated arguments and free flowing logic. But people look at me and go, WHAT THE...
it is not clear to them all that i associate in my mind.

The reason, also would be that i tend to take a different path at drawing conclusions, than your average bear. i take that road less traveled in the process of reasoning.

lost train of thought, refuse to tangent, must learn to type faster, take steno, or hire an assistant.

hire assistant wont work. never mind, refuse to tangent

rearden
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Dec 2005, 3:21 am

SB2 wrote:
I have been told that i am not clear enough (communication) my entire life. the reason is that i can spit out a simple quote and in my mind it is surrounded by complicated arguments and free flowing logic. But people look at me and go, WHAT THE...
it is not clear to them all that i associate in my mind.

Same here. And if they ask for a more detailed explanation, I usually swing too far to the opposite extreme, and explain myself in such detail that it confuses them more.

Also, when I'm stressed out and deep in thought, my communication is limited to just a few key words that I hope will satify the person enough that they'll go away and leave me alone.

For instance, the other day a server I run went down, and I was busy rebuilding a database. Someone asked me if I was aware of it, and how long it would be down. I said something like "server...down...busyfixing..up....inawhile". He just looked at me quizzically and left me alone.

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2005, 10:06 am

rearden wrote:
"server...down...busyfixing..up....inawhile".
I'm going to use this when I want people to leave me alone.

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2005, 12:45 pm

Verbally, I can be described as potentially rambling and perseverative, single-minded, with long pauses, slow thoughts at times and with frequent interjections.

Written, I suspect: logical, slightly rambling at times, unemotional moreso than normal, with frequent interjections.

And you know what? Diet Dr. Pepper caffeine free ain't so bad. It does kinda tast like regular Dr. Pepper... It's certainly one of the better diet sodas out there...

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

16 Dec 2005, 1:34 pm

I dont know morse code.....