My Crappy trip to the bay Area, (Rant/story!)

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2005, 7:09 pm

I love ranting here. I do It alot. I hope that you don't think I complain too much---There is alot to complain about. anyway, sit back, relax and enjoy "Shady's Trip to the Bay Area, and how once again I was overlooked"

Once upon a time There was a girl who we'll call shady. Shady was a very sad girl (and somehow no one, even when I use the word depressed gets it). One very sad day Shady's mom and so called "stepdad"(who she hates) took her and her brother up in a smelly car to the bay area, to visit her so called "stepdad's" relatives.
Shady spent all day worrying about where all her stuff was and everyone got mad at her, because she became anxious(well, though Shady to herself, I have been diagnosed with anxiety!), and stressed out. so Shady bundled herself and her cockerspaniel into the rental car.
about 6 hours later, Shady was cranky, tired, and annoyed, When the so called "stepdad" got a call. it was from his sister, the so called "Aunt". she was rude and pissy and claimed that we wouldn't arrive on time, and that the so called "cousins" (aged 3 and 20 months) needed to get to bed by 8:00.
Shady was wide awake at this point and angry that no one told her that they were stopping off at the so called "aunt"'s house before the hotel! Shady was dirty, her hair hadn't been done, she had on no makeup and she was sweaty and wearing comfort clothes.
Shady annoyedly pointed this out to her Mother, when her annoying older brother suddenly woke up and started whine-yelling "Oh shutup!! quite complaining!" which pissed off Shady more.(especially when Later she found out he had no clue what he was talking about, and he later complained himself!)
So Shady and her mom took her bag of clothes, makeup and deoderant and crowded into a Jack-in-the-crack restaurant bathroom. several minutes later shady was out wearing decent clothes, smelling better, but not really having any makeup. she did complain a bit at this, but nothing was done.
so they piled back into the car for the rest of the two hours. When they got there, they found that the so called "adults" were not really acting like adults at all. in fact they were acting like little children. (This pised Shady off to no end)
They entered the house and were promptly greeted my the so called "stepdad"'s mother. her first comment was "God! you look like your mother!"
to whcih Shady smiled politely and leaned into her mother "psst! she thinks I look like you!"
There was a baby who had yet to be met---the so called "other uncle"'s child. they were down from Minnesota. so everyone cooed over the baby, no one even noticing when she mentioned how cute the baby was.
seconds later Shady and her so called "Family" were forced into chairs and forced to eat lasagna, which, there really were no compliments to the chef! believe me!
everyone was tired, and it was evident that the so called "aunt" was in a pissy mood. Shady's mother and stepdad went out to the car to walk the dog for a moment, and all hell broke loose.
The so called "uncle"(The one from minnesota) and the so called "Aunt" got into a fight. The so called "Minnesota uncle"'s wife wasn't feeling well, and she and the baby were laying down. He went and was looking at the christmas cards set up on the wall. The so called "Aunt" threw a fit!
"What are you doing?!" yelled the "aunt"
"Looking at the cards" replied her brother.
"why would you DO that?! hats like opening and reading someone's personal mail!!"
"I was only looking to see who the kids on the front were!"
"How dare you?! would you want me to walk into your hosue and read your mail?!"
at this point the so called "stepdad's" mom interjects: "You set them out, so I don't see why he shouldn't read it, why, I myself used to do that! but maybe he should have asked..."
"Shutup MOTHER!" and the so called "uncle" storms down the hall slaming the door, while Shady and her brother feel uncomfortable. Shady slips out and mentions this to her Mother.
A few minutes later the "uncle" comes back and Shady and her brother open gift cards from one of the aunts and the so called "stepdad"'s mother(because they were leaving the enxt day)
The so called uncle gets upset and demands to know why this is going on. very one gets upset at his yelling.
Later on another case happens when the so called "aunt" gets mad at the other so called "aunt' for touching the TV.
a time for later the next day is chosen to go Ice-skating, which Shady will not be part of.
The next day Shady's mom gets saddled with one of the cousins while Everyone ignores Shady, and Shady's Brother and so called "stepdad" take the other one for his first ice-time.
basically during this time, Shady was annoyed. no one bothered with her, and it was a long day. everything was either about the cousins, the brother, or Shady's mom. Shady felt left out and alone, at the most crowded skating rink she has ever seen in her life. Shady didn't like how crowded it was and got scared. it wasn't fun at all.
hours later with her still being ignored the travle back to the house where Shady wakes up in the car,, is annoyed and stays in the car napping with the dog for most of the time. when she gets back no one notices but her mother. Everyone seems cranky and annoyed. The brother run's around with the kids a bunch, and when Shady tries to play too, she's basically looked at funny, and the the kids are put back with her brother.
The next day shady goes home. She stays in the car until the make a brief trip to Stockton to vist relatives she hasn't seen--or met, in a thousand years.(including her mother's cousins, one she closer to, one who was attacked and is now neurologically impaired, and the druggie who sat in his room smoking the whole time) Shady didn't really know them, but she felt comfortable around them(for the most part), and had a good time. 4 hours later, they leave, with Shady being tired. Shady gets in the car and realises she can't find her CD case. they leave anyway with shady upset and trying to find it. They pull into a starbucks and Shady frantically looks for it, then realises her bags missing while her brother yells at her and the so called "stepdad" keeps asking her if she wants a hot chocolate to which she keeps yelling NO! The end of the story? Shady finds her CD case but her brother tells her she's a horrible nasty person and Smacks her face. at which point Shady starts crying and her mom yells at her brother. he then starts smacking himself trying to prove it doesn't hurt. the end. now the brother is beeing an ass sitting in her cair, and picking his nose!

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2006, 12:55 am

What a crappy trip you had. Reminds me of the trips my AS mom used to take us on. We never went anywhere fun, all we did was go visit relatives, although I must say that first house you went to sounded very dysfunctional.

TheGreyBadger
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jan 2006, 9:43 am

Sounds like some road trips I've been on!

"Hell is other people".

One of the nastiest ended on a note that made me have to laugh. It was in 1973/4 and the radio was playing "You know, it never rains in Southern California...." and we were driving home to New Nexico in a downpour that had been going on for three days straight.