Post Pictures of Rainbows, Pegasi/Unicorns, Kitties, Flowers

Page 16 of 82 [ 1304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 82  Next

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2017, 1:48 pm

^Yes, very cute Darmok.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2017, 3:23 pm

Butterfly88 wrote:
very cute Darmok

Finally someone noticed! :oops: :blush:

There Are Four Lights!

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2017, 12:01 pm

Butterfly88

That kitty pic is so cute!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2017, 1:38 pm

That kitten looks so much like Monkey Pi! :o

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 4:30 pm

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 5:03 pm

My two tabby guys.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 5:53 pm

^Aww! How cute! :D

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 6:06 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
^Aww! How cute! :D
Thanks! And they are. Here are 2 of them together.
Took me a while to determine how many legs were in there.
Turned out to be eight.

I think I'm better off not knowing what's going on there.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 6:08 pm

I've been thinking about getting a new kitty.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 6:19 pm

^
¿Qué? Do tell more? :mrgreen:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 6:20 pm

Well, I've been thinking about it for years, actually, but I'm not sure what I can do to convince my mum. Any thoughts on what type of kitty might suit me best?

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 6:24 pm

^
I don't know about types of cats unfortunately, :(
all I know is that Maine Coones are fluffy. :mrgreen: :lol:

I would recommend getting a fluffy cat, as they are the awesomest. (Although, there is also lots of hair. 8O )

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 6:32 pm

Monkey Pi was a Maine Coon. I think I saw her ghost once, at the old house. I was playing piano, and out of the corner of my eye I saw her go from the bathroom across the hall to the office. 8O

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 7:21 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Well, I've been thinking about it for years, actually, but I'm not sure what I can do to convince my mum. Any thoughts on what type of kitty might suit me best?
I would say think of it by type of personality before type of breed.
Several years ago I came across this really good and educational cat blog,
here's a couple helpful pages from it.
http://www.wayofcats.com/blog/the-cats- ... iety/36555
Quote:
One of the first things to astonish me about cats was the incredible range of their personalities.

Each new cat I acquired was different. It took a while for me to come up with my Cat Type concept, because each cat was a fresh discovery.
This has led to me being a fervent advocate of choosing the cat we get. Human to human compatibility is based on both shared traits and intriguing differences. This same alchemy is at work in the human/cat bond.
asserting preferences

This process starts with we, the human, figuring out what we would like.

This is an overlooked first step, in my experience. People want a pet, find barriers to a dog, then get a cat. Probably from a background where they always liked having pets, but didn’t get involved in the full responsibility. With the best intentions in the world, they can wind up with a mis-match; because they didn’t know about about the different kinds of cats, and they didn’t think about what they wanted.

We can start by figuring out what Cat Type we are.

http://www.wayofcats.com/blog/what-are-cat-types/14748
Quote:
What do I mean when I talk about cat types?

I have organized general cat tendencies into three main “types” called Alpha, Beta, and Gamma. This was inspired by the classic science fiction novel Brave New World, wherein humans are assigned societal categories at birth. Of course, I’m working with what Nature has laid down in these cats’ genetic pattern.

It has nothing to do with Alpha dogs or other hierarchical ranking schemas. It is a way of expressing how each cat interacts with their environment.

In turn, this will inform us of our best strategies for choosing, raising, and training them. Because we need very different approaches for the different types.

So, except when cats are very young, or exhibiting uncharacteristic behaviors because of stress, we can figure out what kind of cat we are looking at; and what they will need.

It’s important to understand how each cat regards their environment:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 7:25 pm

^Well, thank you very much! :mrgreen:

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 7:32 pm

Trigger warning - too many cute rescue cats and their stories here http://www.lovemeow.com/ :cat:
And I'd encourage you to give a shelter cat a home, cats can have broken hearts too.
My 2 guys are rescues.
(so many people and animals both need safety and love in this world, the need is overwhelming. just do what you can to make a difference for how many you can, if just one, you made the difference for them and that is good)