Page 236 of 252 [ 4018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239 ... 252  Next

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 8:21 pm

"What in the worlds is that?" says Mars, initially quite shocked. He backs up against the door to the other room and Mike opens it, Mars bumps into him a bit as he comes in. "What is that?!?! I leave you alone for two minutes..." says Mike. Mars takes out Mike's gun and fires a shot at the strange thing, Mike snatches it back wondering how Mars managed to take it again without him noticing, and proceeds to check to make sure everything else in his pockets is accounted for.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 8:35 pm

Lychee grabbed Ki by the arm as they walked over to the kitchen. "Forget about the space aliens and let's go get some food."

Ki turned away with a look of marvel as they pulled away from the window. "But seriously, that's like nothing I've ever seen before." Their eyes widened. "...And I've met giant, thirty-foot monsters that eat people and spit acid."

Last edited by Lillikoi on 08 Jul 2017, 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 8:42 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
[Okay, here goes. You'll all be left stranded in about a half an hour, though, and it'll take awhile for the characters to mimic humanoid forms, since, well, they're not actually humanoid to begin with. :P ]

The walls suddenly vibrated, as if shifting into another dimension or opening a hole in the universe, but did not actually move, resulting in a very mind-bending experience. What seemed to be a darkly glowing, vaguely defined shape slipped through the nearest vibrating yet non-vibrating wall, leaving everyone stuck on the balcony as it fell into a shimmering pile on the floor. A slightly more substantial shape slid through the wall after it, and seemed to be trying to hold onto the first shape somehow. The only sound to be heard was an eerie almost whistling noise, like an echoing bamboo flute.
The first shape shook itself like a wet cat, and turned to the second shape in a manner that can only be described as loving, perhaps even utter devotion.

"Holy Miltank!", Dan exclaimed, "What the heck is going on!?"
Lillikoi wrote:
When the walls started shifting and shapes appeared, Lychee suddenly went as pale as a ghost. 'AAAAAH, IT'S GONNA KILL US!" They stumbled back several steps and jumped onto the table. They grabbed onto Rose's arm for dear life. "I've seen this in a movie before! It's... it's... it's the slime monster from Zorg!"

When the second one shook itself like a cat, and then turned to the other with loving devotion, Lychee screeched. "Oh god, it's a lovey-dovey slime monster from Zorg!"

Meanwhile, Umbria and Gristle had noticed on the other side of the door and were trying to rescue them by pulling them inside. Gristle reached out his arm through the balcony door. "Hey, grab onto my arm!" he called. "We can pull you across. You can step over the slime monster."

"'Slime monster from Zorg'? Dude, I think you've watched too much sci-fi films! But still," Rose said, then continued unsurely, "That's like one of the weirdest things I've ever seen!"

Then Rose, Shedinja and Dan were passing by the slimy things, fascinated by their ability to morph and solidify into different shapes, and entered back into the hotel room to get some refreshments.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 12:47 pm

"Mmm...NOOOOOPE!" Kimmy and Lucy screamed simontaneously, hugging each other out of fear, before running after Lychee, nearly trampling each other in the process. Lizzie flew behind them.

Meanwhile, Calem was trying to comfort Laura, who was shaking in terror.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 10:52 am

The beings seemed both utterly bewildered by everyone's terror, and confused as to why half of the group was flat out running away. The first creature, which was in the middle of shifting shape, upon being shot by Mars, shrieked in a voice like a cello being torn apart and played simultaneously, and retreated against the second creature, shivering and trembling like a hurt child, whereupon both creatures' forms seemed to lessen in intensity.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 11:05 am

~Earlier, before the creatures appeared~

"YOOOOOOO! Did you hear me??" Lilli cried again. It had been ten minutes since they called the last time, and no one had answered them. Maybe they were just busy out on the deck or something.

Lilli waited a few more minutes after that, and then called again.
"Um, hello, did you hear me??"

They waited a few seconds.

....No response.

They frowned. Maybe no one was coming after all. Maybe this whole surprise was just for nothing. Lilli grimaced.

This is why they never did anything for anybody, because no one ever appreciates it.

Last edited by Lillikoi on 10 Jul 2017, 11:58 am, edited 7 times in total.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 11:09 am

Quote:
The beings seemed both utterly bewildered by everyone's terror, and confused as to why half of the group was flat out running away. The first creature, which was in the middle of shifting shape, upon being shot by Mars, shrieked in a voice like a cello being torn apart and played simultaneously, and retreated against the second creature, shivering and trembling like a hurt child, whereupon both creatures' forms seemed to lessen in intensity.

The second being flinched at the loudness of Lilli's shout, and shifted again into a slightly more corporeal-looking form, with six arms holding the first being ever so gently.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 11:33 am

Suddenly Lilli walked out into the dining room, looking very hurt and very confused. "Yo." they said flatly. Their voice was wavering, like they were about to start crying. "Where you guys been."

Their eyes lightened when they saw Umbria and Gristle and Lychee. "...Oh."

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 5:48 pm

Once she realized that one of the blobs was shot, she forced herself not to be scared and hesitantly walked up to the one that was hurt.
"Heh, sorry. It's just that your... um, form, caught us off gaurd and frankly it does look a little scary, but enough! Are you hurt? I can at least attempt to heal you..." she offered, smiling nervously as she held out a still trembling hand it.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 6:05 pm

The second being made a low sound like a warped pan-flute, and backed away from Laura, dragging the first being with it. But then it paused, and a thin beam of light flew out of it and connected to Laura's chest, as if it was scanning her. Eventually the light disappeared, and both beings were abruptly enveloped in a shimmering white light. When the light cleared, the beings looked more humanoid, even with vaguely discernible facial features. The second one still had six arms, though.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 7:56 pm

Seeing Laura, Lilli had a perplexed look on their face as they walked forward. "Y-yo, I thought you guys were ignor-" When they caught sight of the creatures through the glass door, they dropped what they were holding. They slowly walked onto the balcony, seeming entranced. "What is that," they whispered.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 8:25 pm

Laura's eyebrows creased together as she looked down at her chest, but the light was gone when she blinked. She looked back up at them, with the same fearful yet concerned expression. "Who... who are you? And what are you?" She asked.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 9:39 pm

When Mars tried to shoot the creature, Ki looked back at him with a look of perplexity. "Why would you shoot that?!" they cried. "It could be a fun alien!"

Currently, Ki was hiding behind the closed door, squealing excitedly. "That's so cool!" they said in a hushed voice.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 10:38 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
When Mars tried to shoot the creature, Ki looked back at him with a look of perplexity. "Why would you shoot that?!" they cried. "It could be a fun alien!"

"What?" says Mars, "With all that talk of a creature coming which can destroy reality and then this big black thing barging in and messing with the room..."

Mike gives Mars an annoyed look and says "I would think that not pissing it off would be a good idea, but it seems you already blew your chance at that."

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 6:29 am

Guinan walked in, just as Mike was scolding Mars. She looked at the two creatures curiously, without fear now that the warping of reality had stopped.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 12:05 pm

The beings steadily appeared more and more humanoid, but there was an intense air of otherworldlyness about them, akin to meeting a deity. The first being seemed both extremely delicate yet immensely powerful, and there was no doubt that it was the Golden Ruin mentioned by Space kitty. The second one was more guardian or protector than anything, and had enormous, translucent wings that seemed to spread through the whole universe.