Page 240 of 252 [ 4018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243 ... 252  Next

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 12:53 am

"Okaaaay..." says Mars, somewhat suspiciously. "This won't cost us anything, will it? The only money I have is Solar Credits which is an entirely digital currency."

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 7:11 am

“It's a birthday party, so I'm pretty sure that the drinks are free of charge, Sir Mars,” Rose said.

Then she turned to Lilli, and asked, “Anyway, what kind of restaurant does your family own?”

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 9:44 am

Midnightstar:

Quote:
Their clothing patterned skin now seemed highly similar to the design for Mega Gardevoir and Mega Gallade, as if they had picked the Pokemon design that seemed the least threatening.

[I tried to make it clear that the beings aren't used to nor operate in three dimensional space, so by effectively being everywhere at once, they could easily see through the Pokemon world and try to choose a non-threatening form. Or maybe I'm just making up nonsense, I don't know. :lol: ]

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 11:17 am

"What? Of course not. I wouldn't try to scam you like that." They grinned slyly as they looked over at Mike. "...Okay, maaaaybe the one guy who's loaded. But please don't tell him that."

mikeman7918 wrote:
"Okaaaay..." says Mars, somewhat suspiciously. "This won't cost us anything, will it? The only money I have is Solar Credits which is an entirely digital currency."
Their subtle panic seemed to grow at Mars' expressed suspicion. "It's fine, really. They know where I am. There's just... nowhere in my homeland that you can study magic."

Though a hint of paranoia in their eyes made it clear that that might not be the only reason they were away from home. They quickly turned around and scurried out of the room. "Uh... hey. Kimmy's drink order is ready..." They grabbed a drink off the counter and left, their eyes darting briefly back at Mars.

Weird...

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 4:54 pm

Still rather suspicious, Mars says "They know where you are? That's an oddly specific detail to-... Meh, never mind. I am a wanted criminal in the Solar Alliance going under an assumed name, who am I to judge?"

~At Team Eon's base~

Captain Planck looks at the leader of Team Eon and says "So what do you think? In this case you will either be with us or against us and I think we both have enough to worry about already without dealing with fighting each other."

Deviant Art

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 6:10 pm

Guinan chuckled at first when Rose spoke to Mars, and then again as Lilli referenced Mike's gold. Her mirth evaporated quickly however as Lilli was clearly bothered about something. Guinan looked thoughtful, considering for a moment if she wanted to catch Lilli in a lie about magic in their world. She decided against it. Lilli's secrets are no business of mine, she thought as she started preparing herself a Nan Accident.

Last edited by DataB4 on 17 Jul 2017, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 8:22 pm

Kimmy took the drinks from Kiki and gave them to Lucy and Emma respectively, before taking a big gulp out of her own and sighing happily. "Ahh, this is the best drink ever~! Thank you for the drink Guinan! your really good at making them."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 10:49 am

The two beings hovered uncertainly, halfway through the wall. The first one, Kurea, floated curiously over to Lilli, looking at her with 'eyes' that seemed glass-like, with only luminous irises.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 11:00 am

"Glad you like it," Guinan said to Kimmy with a smile. "I've made lots of drinks before, and Lilli showed me some of their special recipes today too."

A bit distracted, Guinan's gaze drifted over to the beings in the wall near Lilli.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 11:10 am

The second being/Aleta's 'Gallade-style white cloak' wavered with each little movement, and it reached out with two of its six arms to touch Kurea gently on the 'shoulder', all the while staring impassively at Mike and Mars, as if genuinely wary of them.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 12:17 pm

mikeman7918 wrote:
Still rather suspicious, Mars says "They know where you are? That's an oddly specific detail to-... Meh, never mind. I am a wanted criminal in the Solar Alliance going under an assumed name, who am I to judge?
Good. Mind your own business. Lilli thought. The last thing they needed was someone else getting involved in their problems. They doubted these people could be much help, anyway.

Most people who say they're going to help you are completely useless. With a pop! they opened the bottle and slammed the glass down on the counter.

Time and time again that's happened... so of course it's a fact. A trickle of seltzer water poured out the bottle, and they watched as the water fizzed in the glass. Lilli stared down blankly as they stirred the chocolate syrup in the drink. Then they smiled as they set it down on the counter. "Here ya go! Egg cream."

You can't trust anybody.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 1:05 pm

Mimi telepathically floated the drink over to Emma, who took a sip off of it, her mind going back to what Looker told her, before deciding to shrug it off, at least for now.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 1:39 pm

mikeman7918 wrote:
Mike says "All those smoothies look good... Screw it, I'm going for a Comosa Catastrophe."

When they finally came around to Mike's order, Lilli raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure? All right, then..." When they had finished preparing the drink, they slammed it down on the counter. "All right then. He's your Catastrophe." They grinned. "That would be $39.99."

"Alternatively, I also accept payments in gold."

Lilli pointed down to the handwritten menu. Next to the item Comosa Catastrophe, there were two asterisks. Then, in teeny-tiny fine print at the bottom, it read "Fees may apply." Lilli grinned. "...Welp. You've already ordered it. Should've read the fine print."

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 5:58 pm

Guinan laughed, thinking that Lilli's move reminded her of the Ferengi. She watched Mike for his reaction.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 8:18 pm

(I'm sorry, but who's Mimi? I've never heard that character before, Miss Midnightstar.)

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 9:21 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
When they finally came around to Mike's order, Lilli raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure? All right, then..." When they had finished preparing the drink, they slammed it down on the counter. "All right then. He's your Catastrophe." They grinned. "That would be $39.99."

"Alternatively, I also accept payments in gold."

Lilli pointed down to the handwritten menu. Next to the item Comosa Catastrophe, there were two asterisks. Then, in teeny-tiny fine print at the bottom, it read "Fees may apply." Lilli grinned. "...Welp. You've already ordered it. Should've read the fine print."

Mars' prosthetic right eye telescopes out a bit as if to zoom in. "Yep, she-... he-... they are right." he says.

Mike looks rather annoyed. "I doubt you accept Solar Credits... I would have to portal gold in from Nexus station and that would take like 200 credits worth of energy minimum. Why am I the only one to have to pay anything anyway?" After thinking for a moment he says "Screw it, I probably made 10 times that much just sitting here arguing with you about it." He sends a message to Nexus station and gets out the portal containment device which opens up and drops a gold coin about the size of a quarter worth 50 Solar Credits. The value of gold had significantly dropped after asteroid mining became popular so 50 credits could by a decently sized chunk of gold.

Mars, surprised that Lilli's tactic actually worked, begins thinking of ways he can pull off the same thing.

Deviant Art