Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 12:01 pm

Single releases/tracks, not full albums, that made #1 on a singles chart. I'd presume that it would be the American BILLBOARD Pop chart as the first choice for most people, but it could be other sources and " specialty " charts as well (R&B, Country...), but you should say then what chart you are referencing. 'Que? Good! :D
Memories Are Made Of This - Dean Martin

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ABG2019
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Dec 2018, 12:27 am

All of Me by John Legend - #1 on the US Billboard Hot 100 for 3 weeks in 2014.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 12:42 am

Despite "Israelites" being recorded and released in 1968, the Uni 45 discography shows its cataloguing in 1969. In June 1969 it reached the Top Ten in the United States, peaking at #9 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart. It hit number one in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Jamaica, South Africa, Canada, Sweden and West Germany.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 1:14 am

"I Can See Clearly Now" is a song originally recorded by Johnny Nash. It was a single from the album of the same name and achieved success in the United States and the United Kingdom when it was released in 1972, reaching number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 1:43 am

...Boogie Grass Band - Conway Twitty
This 1978 release was one of " Mr. T "'s many #1 Country hits - but not in.the U.S.A., where it stopped at #2 on BILLBOARD :
But it made #1 on RPM Magazine's.Canadian Country chart! YAAYY! :D TRUE NORTH!! !! !! !
In this Ronnie Reno song, CT sings of " Bill (Monroe) sing (-ing) about Kentucky/and the Allman Brothers' ' Ramblin' Man ' ".
Ronnie Reno. Now THERE"S, with its divorce/drinking/gambling connotations, a 1970s country-song writer name :lol: ! !!

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 1:50 am

Thank you AB and TR, for the idea of adding facts about the record, which I have adopted.
" Memories Are Made Of This " was written by the 3-member group The Easy Riders, who backed up Dino Martino on his waxing :D :wink:.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 4:29 am

sorry forgot the alphabetical hurdle, and a loose try..

"Denis" was released in February 1978 and reached number 2 in the UK and broke into the Top 20 in most European countries including number 1 in Netherlands. (3 wk nr. 1)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 12:17 pm

...Actually, let me say now what I meant to say before - Let's forget about the " #1 " part! :) That was kind of put in without much thought and then not taken out, really 8O . I'll try changing it again now...If I can 't, could a Mod make it ".#1 Hits -.Now Til Then " please?
" Denis " gender-reversed Randy and the Rainbows' " Denise ", by the way.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 7:01 pm

Eight Days a Week-The Beatles

There really is a song called Denis? They should write one about my favorite Denis.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2018, 1:34 am

David Bowie - Fame
nr 1 in canada & usa 1975

traven
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 2:11 am

" Goodnight Irene "
In 1950, one year after Lead Belly's death, the American folk band The Weavers recorded a version of "Goodnight, Irene". The single first reached the Billboard Best Sellers in Stores chart on June 30, 1950 and lasted 25 weeks on the chart, peaking at #1 for 13 weeks.
Roots musician Ry Cooder performed a version of the song on his album Chicken Skin Music in 1976, which was released as a single in the Netherlands only, where it failed to chart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ4_8N9hwRI

traven
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 3:40 am

no one around??

nr one everywhere, not that you saw film ever with that, only after 2010 or some?

traven
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 3:58 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_a_B ... rt_history
but it was a tv series first, i believe, i saw that once, or twice ??

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2018, 12:27 am

... Cherokee Maiden - Merle Haggard and the Strangers
This song by Cindy Walker was recorded before by Bob Will & His Texas Playboy's in 1941. Merle's version was in 1976.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2018, 3:48 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kceiks__PsE"Knock On Wood" is a 1966 hit song written by Eddie Floyd and Steve Cropper and originally performed by Floyd. His recording peaked at number 28 on the Billboard Hot 100 and spent one week at number 1 on the Soul Singles chart
Knock on Wood is a studio album by Amii Stewart released in February 1979. The album yielded two successful single releases, "Knock on Wood" (#1 US Pop, #6 US R&B, #5 US Club Play, #6 UK, #13 Germany) and "Light My Fire / 137 Disco Heaven" (#69 US Pop, #36 US R&B, #5 UK, #26 Germany).

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2018, 4:06 am

...I forgot to say that Merle's " Cherokee..." made #1 on the Country chart in U.S....not the Pop chart! 8O (It also reached #1 on the Canadian C&W listing.)
When Aimee"s " KOW " was out, I knew it was a version of an old song, but I guess I had never heard it...I thought?? the part of the lyric where " s/he sees to it/that I get enough " was " and Aimee Stewart/just can't get enough " or similar! :D
The duet of the " King & Queen " of the Memphis soul scene that Eddie Floyd came out of, Otis Redding and Carla Thomas, took their version of " KOW " to #8 R&B and #30 Pop in 1967.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kceiks__PsE"Knock On Wood" is a 1966 hit song written by Eddie Floyd and Steve Cropper and originally performed by Floyd. His recording peaked at number 28 on the Billboard Hot 100 and spent one week at number 1 on the Soul Singles chart
Knock on Wood is a studio album by Amii Stewart released in February 1979. The album yielded two successful single releases, "Knock on Wood" (#1 US Pop, #6 US R&B, #5 US Club Play, #6 UK, #13 Germany) and "Light My Fire / 137 Disco Heaven" (#69 US Pop, #36 US R&B, #5 UK, #26 Germany).[/quote]