The Pokemon Opal Roleplay! (Please read the first message!)

Page 4 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 8:55 pm

"I guess I really am", Rose answered as she starts to take a bite of an apple, which is, yes, similar to the Leppa Berry. "So, those universes you guys travel through are very similar to ours, am I right?", she asked.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 9:12 pm

"Ba, Bagon!" Bagon cried in delight as Kiwa spun it around. It grabbed one of the summoned peaches and began to munch on it.

Ghost hesitantly took two of the proffered apples. She examined them, sniffed them, then, deciding they were okay, she gave one to Nihilego and took a bite out of the other. Her eyes widened in surprise. It was so sweet and juicy - she had no idea anything could taste so good. She was going to take another two, but by the time she had finished her first, the rest were gone, so she grabbed two peaches instead, again giving one to Nihilego and eating one herself. These were equally delicious. Ghost closed her eyes, savoring the flavor.

"Wow," she said, "If this is how all food tastes in this world, I like it already."

"Ni, nihiiii!" Nihilego agreed, twirling around in delight.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 12:02 pm

Rose was dreamily enjoying the sweet fruit when she just remembered something.

"Aw, shoot! I almost forgot about having my first Pokémon battle with Danny!", Rose exclaimed out of realization.

"Oh, that's right," I said, "Would you guys like to meet our Pokémon, Charmander and Squirtle?" I then took out the Pokeball, out came from it was my Charmander.

Rose then took out her Pokeball, and Squirtle came out from it. Then Charmander and Squirtle both greeted the OmniCosmos people, Kiwi, Ghost, and Nihilego.

"You guys interested to see me kick my cousin's butt in a Pokémon battle?", Rose asked enthusiastically.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 2:35 pm

"A Pokemon... battle?" asked Ghost, "What's that? Do you mean... those Pokemon are going to fight each other? Why?"

"Bagon-Ba!" Bagon piped up excitedly.

"You think it's fun to test your strength against each other?" asked Ghost.

Bagon nodded. "Bagon!"

"And it makes you stronger, too." said Ghost, "...Okay, I guess I can sort of understand that." She turned back to Rose, Danny, and their Pokemon. "Um, I have another question. What are those little ball things? Did... did those Pokemon just come out of them? How did they fit in there?" She stopped and looked at the ground, embarrassed. "Sorry, I guess that was more than one question."

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2018, 9:48 am

No. Dream said in response to Rose's question about universes. We have seen nothing like this world before. They watched the three new Pokemon for awhile, and then added, Nor have we seen beings like these. Wake tickled Squirtle's shell with an expression of fascination.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2018, 3:51 pm

"What, you've never seen Pokeballs before? Even though have Pokemon yourself?", Rose asked, " They're like these easy-to-carry thingies you use to bring Pokemon with you."

Then Rose turned to Dream, and said, " Oh, but, how different is each universe can be?"

You know, I've hardly ever seen Rose so inquisitive about universes before. I mean, she loves sports, and does pretty well at school ( though I admit I have better grades than her), but she usually wasn't interested the cosmos and universes. Until now that is.

"Actually, not all Pokemon likes to be in Pokeballs," Professor Oak said, just finishing an apple, "Keeping a Pokemon inside a Pokeball for too long would be equivalent to suffering inside a cage with very little room. I know because I know a Pokemon who never likes being in Pokeballs.....ever."

"So, yeah," I started to say, "would you guys be interested in watching me and Rose battle?"

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2018, 5:11 pm

"So these Pokeball things are like cages for Pokemon?" asked Ghost, "And in this world, you need them to bring Pokemon with you? Do the Pokemon here not like humans, or something? Nihilego never leaves my side of its own choosing... but I guess things are probably different for us." She considered for a moment. "I guess it's possible people use these Pokeballs or something similar where we're from, too. I admit I never knew much about the world beyond the lab. Being stuck in a cage with very little room... Nihilego and I know what that's like all too well. I used to think we'd never get out of there, that that's all life was, being stuck in a cage and poked and prodded all the time..." She shook her head vigorously as if to dispel the memories. "Never mind. I... I don't really want to see these Pokemon get hurt, but, well, Bagon said that Pokemon enjoy this kind of competition, so I guess we'll watch."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2018, 6:33 pm

[Oops. I forgot all about Gardevoir and Mew. I included them just because they're my favourites...]

We encountered them when we arrived, and they followed us. Dream said.
What's a battle? Do you eat it? Wake said, looking puzzled. Mew was flying in circles around their head.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 5:38 pm

After hearing Ghost's back story, it made me feel sad about her even more. I was about to say something to Ghost when Rose pulled my arm, saying, "C'mon, Dan, enough diddly-dattling. You want to know what a battle is, let us show you."

Rose starts to pull my arm again when I heard Professor Oak saying, "Oh, for Pete's sake. This is going to be looking like a decent battle alright."

My Shedinja and Rose's Ninjask then flew over to Ghost and her Nihilego, and chatted in Pokemon language, possibly telling them that although they were never in Pokeballs before, they have been our side for a long time as companions, and they have grown fond of us and we have their gratitude for saving them a while ago.

By the way, if you're all asking how I know what Shedinja and Ninjask, it's just probably, from the way they say their language about me and Rose, so don't ask.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 7:18 pm

Dream sat down on the grass, and in one fluid motion, simultaneously lowered their hood and put on a pair of sunglasses, seemingly conjured from nowhere. Their hair, pulled back in a near ankle-length, thin braid, was whiter than the core of a star.
Nice! Wake said with a grin, and settled down beside Dream.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2018, 2:36 pm

(Bump)

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 3:20 pm

Kiwa rose up off the ground and floated over to where Dream was sitting, then gradually lowered down and landed on Dream’s head.

You would think that wouldn’t work because Kiwa was actually quite a bit bigger than Dream, but somehow they shrunk as they lowered down, so when they landed on top of Dream’s head they were about the size of a mouse. “This is quite intriguing!” the mini Kiwa squeaked. They let out tiny puffs of smoke.

They summoned a bag of popcorn out of thin air and began munching on it.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 8:30 pm

Ghost listened to Shedinja and Ninjask, not realizing that it was odd that she understood every word the Pokemon said.

"Oh, I see." she said, "So are these Pokeballs just for Pokemon who don't have such a bond with a human?"

"Ba, Bagon, Ba!" said Bagon.

"Oh, it's because humans find it more convenient to carry Pokemon in those little balls?" said Ghost, "And a lot of Pokemon find them comfortable?"

"Bagon." Bagon nodded.

"Okay, I guess that makes more sense." said Ghost.

She sat on the grass by Dream, Wake, and Kiwa, a little farther back and to the side of them. Nihilego flopped down next to her, partially wrapping itself around her. Ghost rubbed its body affectionately. She jumped in surprise when Bagon climbed into her lap, but then she stroked the other Pokemon as well.

"Bagon!" Bagon cried, waving its arms excitedly in anticipation of seeing the battle.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 11:26 am

"Alrighty, then!", Rose exclaimed, "You ready, Dan? I'm gonna beat the living stuffing out of your Pokémon with mine because mine is water, and yours is fire. Think you got what it takes?"

"We'll just have to wait and see," I said, trying to gain some confidence and composure. I tried to remember what Professor Oak said 'There is no right or wrong choice, it's how you care for them and use them'. Right, this is said to a person who has a Pokémon who can be risked being beaten with one shot (namely, my Shedinja). :roll:

When Professor Oak said that he'll be the referee, and just as our battle is about to start, someone from the distance shouted, "Ooh, A Pokémon battle! Can I watch?"

I turned to where the direction of the voice was coming from, and there was a girl no older than the age of eleven. She has bluish hair that are tied in pigtails, blue eyes, fair skin, thin build, and wears glasses, tan khaki shorts, a scarlet-colored t-shirt, and white socks and sneakers.

Seeing her out here in the park alone, I thought 'Does her parents know she's here alone?' But then her other friends came, two other girls, one darker skin with black hair, the other with light skin and blonde hair. Both are around that girl's age, and are also wearing play clothes. Actually, I'm pretty relieved that she wasn't alone here.

"Why of course!," Rose said energetically, "The more, the merrier!"

"Very well," Professor Oak said, "Without further ado, each trainer can only use one Pokémon for this battle. Whoever defeats the opponent's Pokémon first will win this battle! Begin!"

I got out my Pokéball and let out my Charmander, while Rose got out her Pokeball and let out her Squirtle.

'Okay, here goes nothing,' I thought to myself.

(To be continued)

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2018, 3:39 pm

Kiwa summoned a can of beans, which grew hands and began applauding.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2018, 3:42 pm

Dream tolerated Kiwa's presence as only they could: by remaining completely silent.
Wake conjured a container of crackers and started munching.