Page 3 of 11 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

Huckleberry Finn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2023, 6:21 pm

Hi Jim!

I have also been very close to death several times.
I don't usually think about it.
Because every time it is possible to alter memories.

I may have described the pattern, even though we autistics usually have an iron memory.

Regarding an event I checked hours ago.
So I can date my first memory precisely because it has precise correlations.
Before the age of two years.
I was uncertain, then I checked some vaccinations consistent with my birth.
So it's objective and I can write about it.

I even risked dying there.
I even remember the name of the nurse, the precise place where they came to take my room, even details of a repaired table.

There must be previous ones, because I remember that one, and I think I have others in memory too, but they are not clear and delineated, yes.
Even the hospital structure, I remember the exact one.
My city is small.
It has 30 thousand inhabitants.
But it has three different hospital facilities.
Then one was under construction, and that was under construction a new and for the time innovative one.
<>
Dreams: yes sometimes they still happen to me.
Past lives.

The thing that strikes me is that dreams do not change, that is, they repeat identically.

Part of it is always missing.

The sleep phases are biphasic because I can't sleep much at night.

Yesterday I slept little and woke up at 5 am.

Then I made up 2 hours for that in the afternoon, I had to drive and it's not safe to drive without having well rested.

I don't know if they still do the Spanish siesta.

With our shifts it is practically impossible to even have a normal rhythm of life.
A classic example is the shift...
it may happen that the worker works 8 hours in a 24-hour period.

In regions where there is unemployment, people work on call in order to make a living.

Among these are also very young children who do not continue studying.

Or they do both.

For me it is essential to sleep at least an hour a day.

As you know, I once drove without having slept, I was taking a relative to the airport and it wasn't even that long of a journey.

But it was dawn and there is a decline in attention at that time.

I realized I was taking a detour, luckily the road was well structured so I stopped to sleep for 20 minutes before continuing the last 15 km.
I know it doesn't seem like much, but it was enough to make me recover.
And even it was a few 15 km but I couldn't safely otherwise.

You too had a similar experience I remember Jimmy.

Strategies: We both do this as INTJs I think it's normal.
(Myers Briggs).

You use sleep effectively, while I struggle to use it even minimally compared to you, I think it is consistent with two things: medication, and the fact that as a boy I had to catch up on all the subjects at school.
I had to give three questions a day for 2 weeks.
Get a score of 80% on the maximum level.

I did it.
Because I had an impressive memory.
But it kind of disrupted my sleep ability.
5 hours would be enough for me.
Then, as you write, it is the quality of sleep that makes the difference.

Mine is not suitable.

<>
So: describe a near-drowning.
You lasted 15 minutes.
I don't know what age I was.
I really had to learn to swim.
I did something right.
I didn't struggle, and this favored those who dived in to help me.

Then the water, swallowing salt water is a terrible memory.

I haven't attempted swimming since.

So: I remembered nightmares.

Phase 2: before they were dreams.
I have nightmares sometimes.

*Maybe my mind has a functioning strategy and tends not to remember some things related to dreams.

You're right: I told about dreams but there was no dating, there were so many as a child.

Then they decreased

Now when I dream they are nightmares.

Due to my mental connotation, I tend not to give importance to many things, so I don't constantly relive a bad experience.

Except for one that you know about and which is wearing out my existence.

However, I hypothesize that I do not remember some dreams for self-defense.

*The continuous state of stress remains.

Because there is a topic I always talk about.

My life depends on it.

<>
Regarding dreams of past lives, I only rarely describe them.

But 3 of these I am a soldier from three different historical eras.

An ancient Greek (Sparta), one from a German period (an assault group, I was an officer, but I was young for my role and I know that before I didn't come from that sector, you know as if they had selected me, the other the 1774/76 one (I went out to bring a letter, and it was encrypted, I didn't know what was written, I remember enough details, but here too it stops, they are always dreams without an end, even this one I can't understand what it entailed , a wound or a death. Now I have remembered one more detail before I shoot immediately.
Something made me turn to the right then, I can tell you that I was military trained.

Keep in mind that don't do anything in that field now.
But I once shared identical feelings of danger in a forest.
We hadn't talked about it, but only after hours, the sensation had been similar (identical, I don't know) to the perception of other people.
The place was scary.

I remember years ago having retraced it alone by bicycle, and the feeling was of tranquility instead.

Now they have closed with gates. that route winds for kilometers and passes by an artificial dam.
And it goes towards another, if it makes a mistake in deviating.
The crossroads leads to the outskirts of my former city.

On maps maybe I could show you if it has coverage because there are houses too.

I should look it up.

<>
From how you describe Jimmy your dreams lead back to a peaceful life.

Mine isn't.

Even though I'm proud of everything I do.

When I make a mistake I regret it and if I can I apologize.

But, I must admit that my life is very full of good deeds.

Tomorrow I will go to the hospital for the third time to see someone, who I don't know if he will survive.

Medicine was a passion of mine.
The last time I was struck by his pale complexion.

For the rest she was alert and oriented, with some small memory lapses, because she had just suffered a heart attack.
He hit his head, and has a scar on his chest, both operations that seemed well absorbed, the wounds have no drainage, and he can walk and do physiotherapy.

The relatives say there is no hope: tomorrow I will see for myself.

It could also be something else, the diagnoses can also be wrong, even if so far they have been technically perfect.

I've been seeing his empty chair in the garden for months.

Everything remained as if immobile in time.

My mind feels like it can see her sitting there again.

Who knows if it will happen again.

<>

You know Jim, I could have saved her, except that I spoke to her son and her girlfriend and I was reassured.

If I had gone I would have called for help, I would have understood some things that they couldn't understand.

They were talking about an ambulance so I was thinking there
They would call.

they didn't do it, who knows why people minimize it. You can go wrong in two ways. Intervene, don't intervene.

The first is the mistake you forgive yourself, the second you never forgive yourself again.

<>
Describe truly dangerous events.
During a cardiac arrest, the various anatomical parts of the body no longer receive oxygenated blood and gradually begin to become damaged within a short time. The first organ affected is the brain, which, in the absence of help, can suffer permanent damage after 4-6 minutes.
My father also went for a routine visit (which he didn't want to do, we insisted, I asked my mother to convince him).

They discovered an aneurysm.
Our intuition saved him.

I had a bad experience with Covid in 2019/20.

It took me six months to recover.

The absurd thing is that the day before I had accompanied a friend for a similar thing and it was she who convinced me to call for help: I ​​didn't think I was feeling so bad.

Then yes Jim: The events in which I risked my life afterwards were many.

As if something had taken hold of my life.

I passed them all.

Maybe just by luck.

The obstruction you describe is 90% impressive, as is the flood and the pipe, but you remained calm and did the right thing at the right time.

The stroke and the ongoing recovery...

I hope to be able to continue writing to you for many years.

Here we say that cats have seven lives.

You have maybe 9!

So you still have 3, but you have to keep them intact eh!

<>

Risked car accidents where cool blood prevailed.

At high speed I found a broken down car (Stopped in my lane).
I signaled with the 4 arrows.

The gentleman behind me instead tried to overtake me.

The lane on the right was occupied.

The only possibility is to accelerate and pass sideways.

I barely succeeded.

You once wrote that we do things quickly better than we would in a slow situation.

I was very fast there.

The thing that struck me was what happened afterwards.

I didn't comment.
And I wasn't alone, there were 3 of us.
I only got the fear after some time.
Because the mind reviews everything and thinks about it coldly.

In the heat of the moment we have 5 possible types of reactions in psychology.

I used one of the 5 F's...fight.
*My mind decided, I didn't have time to think at that speed.

I'm not a pilot.

Among other things, the car needs to be checked and at that stage, perhaps the fact that I had taken great care had an impact, I had just had everything checked and the tires were new.
Continental AG, better known as Continental, is one of the world's leading manufacturers of tires, braking systems, vehicle stability control systems and other automotive parts, founded in 1871 and based in Hanover, Germany.

<>

Huck Finn

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2023, 1:43 pm

Huck Finn

In this last message, you discussed dreams. Your dream state represents your other mind. It is your other part. You experience intense nightmares. Generally your dream brain looks at your life and if it feels threatened, analyzes the threat and possible solutions. So it is very common to dream nightmares. They are not evil but rather a way for your night time brain to analyze the treat and possible solutions. Manytimes you may die in the dream. This is a good indication that your solution is probably a poor solution and you need to find another approach.

I strongly recommend watching the 2021 film "Free Guy". The main character is killed again and again and again each night and comes back. He doesn't really fear death because he is like a dream. Dying in a dream does not kill you. You just wake up (and begin another day).

You went on to discuss some of your nightmares. You mentioned that you had the same nightmare over and over again. This is common. Your mind is seeking a solution. In a way, we live nightmares in our dreams so we can avoid them in real life.

I read the rest of your email, not much to add. The way the mind works is that it erases almost all your dreams at the end of its cycle. Thus you generally have little memory of what actually happened during the night. Only the most vivid dreams seem powerful enough that they can make it to the dawn.

jimmy m.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2023, 10:17 am

Huck Finn

I have been busy mixing cement to repair a small problem with river water flow. It is keeping me a little busy. In another thread on the site, I discussed a problem some Aspies deal with, the problem of depression and drug abuse. So I thought I might pass on my thoughts.

Many Aspies deal with an elevated amount of pressure. As a result, some have across the ages used various forms to deal with the problem and gain relief. But this road can be slippery and can lead to more problems, very great problems.

I believe there are two approaches to dealing with addiction. The first is brute force and the second is to change addictions.

Brute Force

You have an addiction and use all your force you can muster to end the addiction. It can take years and great effort to accomplish. There are several different types of addictions. These include cigarettes smoking, alcohol, and drugs.

When I was a very, very small child, probably around age 2 to 4, I watched early television. TVs were a new invention and we had one in our home. I remember watching a small commercial to stop smoking. I believe it was called a Smokey the Bear commercial. In one of these commercials they showed a man going to sleep in his home. He was smoking a cigarette and he fell asleep. His cigarette fell to the floor and started to burn and within a few minutes the entire house was ablaze. My father smoked and often times he would smoke when he went to bed. This commercial became real in my mind. I could envision my father smoking going to sleep and our entire house and everyone in it being burned to death. So I told my sister who was a year younger, that we had to do something about this. As a result, whenever my dad pulled out a cigarette, we would go to him and tell him that he was trying to KILL US. He would start the house on fire and the fire would kill us. We were just little children, but my father loved his little children. Over many months, he finally stopped smoking. It wasn't complete. He would probably smoke at work, but we were not at his work and didn't see him smoking there. In time he gave up cigarette smoking all together.

So that is an example of the brute force approach. As a result, not only did my father give up smoking but as I became an adult, I never smoked. I remember going to an overnight party with a group of male/female friends and they ended smoking marijuana. I watched like an observer but I refused to try it.

So one way to effectively deal with drug addition is to go COLD TURKEY and stop using the drug. And when you fail, try, try, try again. One of the main problems is that some of the current drugs are so addictive and so deadly.

Change Addictions

The other approach is to change addictions. Move from a severe addiction and then substitute a less severe addiction, then to an even less severe addiction, until the addiction dissolves away.

When I was a very young child, I sucked my thumb. Any time I felt stress, I sucked my thumb. My mother noticed this problem and decided I had to stop. Anytime she caught me placing my thumb in my mouth she stopped me. And I stopped. But the method that I used was to substitute. I found another way, another thing to do to replace my need for sucking my thumb. When that became a problem, I would find another substitute and another. After working my way through around 5 substitute approaches, I no longer had to use anything to dissolve away stress.

jimmy m.

Huckleberry Finn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2023, 6:58 pm

Hi James!

Sorry but the response message didn't appear, but it's also my fault because I was waiting for your response, a bit strange.

Not seeing your posts in my email alert, I didn't look for them because I thought they weren't there.

I thought I was psychologically unwell after interacting with a person who might be a troll.

§

My mind made a mistake in wanting to do things right.

The false belief task was developed in 1983 by Joseph Perner and Heinz Wimmer: its most famous formulation is also known as the Sally-Anne test.

§
In my case, however, I didn't search because I was waiting for the notification which I didn't receive, while the others all arrived.

The absurd thing is that we wrote to each other amiably in private and my attention focused above all on your disappointment at having received one or more responses from a user you wanted to help, but didn't know how.

In reality, help exists but it includes the willingness to listen of the person who enters someone else's thread (because it wasn't theirs), therefore implicitly asking for an opinion.

I happened to ask for opinions, this as soon as I started using the computer.

As you know, I had an idiosyncrasy towards computers and used other forms of communication and learning.

Only much later when I realized they could help me then I learned how instantly.

In fact: as you know, I immediately turned the PC on and off.

Then afterwards I turned it back on, not knowing which hand to use for the mouse (there was no touch) so I turned it upside down and left my mind free before reorienting myself and thinking in reverse (it's not easy) and I tried with the left hand, then with the right.

The right, as per the tests, prevails slightly from 1% to 5% max so I turned the computer upside down and immediately started writing (I had never written on a PC before).

I found it so easy.

And from there I began my journey as a non-ghost.

It was as if I knew how to use everything, the only thing missing was speed, but I acquired it quickly.

I was typing with both hands so quite fast, let's say at level 6 of 10.

I entered a forum and immediately asked how to resolve what I thought was a social phobia.

<>
Nobody gave me a valid answer.

*Only one cryptic and philosophical era, the boy had a Japanese nickname.

I wrote to him but he didn't reply and he never frequented that forum again,

His last post was dedicated to me.

From there I began to increase my level of knowledge about Asperger Syndrome (It was the 4th DSM and included it).

I met several mentally gifted people.

They accepted me into a sort of restricted group, where they never let anyone in.

There was an Asperger's person there who recognized many similarities in me.

He had an IQ of 159.

(I write because it changes over time, it usually decreases as in his case, in mine it has remained stable perhaps because I have a better brain structure.

As mentioned, there is a difference between genius and intelligence (in my opinion).

Genius is the result of how the brain is structured, how it is physically structured, how the areas are functional.

Intelligence is the fuel to use it, but they are two things that can work together as well as not, if the brain is structured differently.

He does not possess these characteristics, and his intelligence tests have decayed to 135 which is the minimum to be Gifted.

Even though an autistic person has almost double the neurons of a NT.

Because they do not go into programmed apotosis after 7 years and remain at least 180% compared to the 100% of an NT Gifted person.
§
Then the levels of genius are different.
I would say from maximum level to minimum level from 0 to ten.

Einstein, Newton, Da Vinci, Majorana were at the maximum level, others a step just below these.

The level just below is the one that has produced more innovation for the world than the higher level except for a few examples among those cited for example.

Then the geniuses do not belong to one nation or another, but they exist
beings that do not have one root but multiple roots.

Therefore they belong to the world, the geographical indication is sometimes merely coincidental.

Sometimes it's school that brings them together, then one of the strangest coincidences, in a certain historical period genius appears in many people at the same time.

Between the beginning of the last century and for over twenty years something happened.

Then everything goes back to normal.

Absolute level geniuses are no longer born.

Slightly lower level genes yes.

This is what happened to the ancient Greeks, they were all in a very close period of time then there was a sort of return to normality after them.

It happened for the Romans that some famous Emperors were omniscient (for the time) and did not only know about military tactics, but about many other subjects, the dialogues between them were impressive and are often reported in some films, this is impressive, the story was not the result of chance but of the genius that inspired the Romans.

§

As for the steps far below level 10, there are still some.
§

People get very confused between genius and intelligence, they are two elements that are also unrelated to each other.

Even a very intelligent person can communicate with another at higher levels, but their mental functioning is not brilliant.

I have met people with IQs higher than those of the people mentioned, but essentially they have never produced anything absolutely innovative.

Sometimes not even partially.

And generally they don't even engage in great reasoning.

If we add to this that since 1999 the average human IQ has been constantly decreasing.
Hong Kong (108)
Singapore (108)
South Korea (106)
China (105)
Japan (105)
Taiwan (104)
Italy (102)
Switzerland (101)
Mongolia (101)
Iceland (101)
If these data are tared with respect to the instruction...

The only nation that differs from the others is Mongolia and Singapore, and there the data is more interesting, the level of education causes it to vary by less than 5 points.

On combined data theirs is pure intelligence.

While we move up one position. So 6th place.

Some data did not mean the USA is in 19th place.
In both methods.

Like us, it almost doesn't change much from 7th to 6th place.

Always 102 remains.

Both the data for Japan and Italy are interesting because they are now nations of old people.

The data should vary and does not vary.

<>
The ranking of conventional intelligences is strange.

You should be in the top 5 but you're not.

I find it very curious.

Even illogical: and it may depend on the lack of homogeneity of the data collection.

By the way, as far as I remember, the boy who I believe had an IQ of over 300 was an American.

And many decades ago.

<>
Your interpretation of my nightmares is very interesting.

Yes, I think your explanation might be correct.

§

Yesterday I had a grotesque dream.

I threw 5 apples one at a time into a toilet.

They were not of excessive size so they passed through.

A dream that has a symbolic meaning, and we autistic people are at a deficit in reading this type of dreams.

This seems like a really stupid dream.

§
Among other things, when you write that the death of dreams is not perceived as true, perhaps you are right Jim, but the state of agitation in me means that I wake up.

With fear.

Waking up I realize that I have been dreaming.

And I find my calm.

In fact, death doesn't scare me at all.

I am also prepared for paralysis.

That is, even if I had total lack of control of my body, I would be calm, this hypothetically because in the long term it would be disturbing.

In the short term I am aware of the fact that I am in the sleep phase, even if I am sluggish.

They are called hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations.

<>
Yes my mind erases them James.

So the most intense ones remain.
Exactly.

Thanks for the cinematographic notation, because I didn't know it.

Among other things, I indirectly wrote about it in a post, but I don't remember in which thread.
The mind searches for a solution.

I remember that in 2010 I was responding to a particular boy, he dreamed of scenes like in a serial novel.

The protagonist was Kaori.

And only two of us answered him, me and a girl who studied psychology.

This went on for years.

In the meantime he graduated in Religion.

She is in psychology.

His dreams seemed to indicate one thing.

Being a friend of mine, she wrote to me in private.

And he made it clear to me that it had nothing to do with a paraphilia (which I assumed).

At the time I remained of the opinion that they were the result of trauma (PSTD).

That's why I tried to help him.

He was ND, but he seemed low-functioning to me.

The hypothesis is mine.

My friend didn't know I was ND.

And since I didn't have an official diagnosis, I didn't want to give her an untruthful opinion about myself.

And I waited 8 years.
Until the diagnosis which lasted 8 months of my life.

Among other things, a boy who showed up here wrote that it is easy to have a valid diagnosis in Italy.

I don't think so at all.

For a fee perhaps, but you need at least 2400 dollars and well over 2000 euros.

Although Italian research is very advanced in this and other areas of the human mind and often collaborates with you, and vice versa for the USA very intelligently if they perceive that scientific research is valid, then they contribute and work alongside it.

Very often we are allies in this.

<>

Last edited by Huckleberry Finn on 22 Sep 2023, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Huckleberry Finn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2023, 7:32 pm

River banks.

You have to raise them, who knows, maybe you are building a reinforced concrete retaining wall?

I have seen embankments here with rigid plastic containers filled with stones.

Perhaps a much less expensive solution.

But we need to take stock of what the territory is like, and here you are the engineer!

Then you will have chosen the right solution.
Over the wall you could place closed metal nets that contain stones without cement.

But let them act as a dam.

Like ancient dry stone walls, but with steel mesh and which are crossed in their texture.

It could save you time and money:

A cement like this needs a month to stabilize.

But it is definitely a better job, you have to pay attention to the background because it is crucial.

§

It's true about Aspies and drugs.

They can create more problems than benefits.

In fact, it took me 8 years of trying to understand that I should have resorted to my first hypothesis.

Except that the first hypothesis could cause tolerance, dependence, abuse.

Instead it didn't happen because I have a particular mind.

The variance between molecules in both cases is minimal.

However, the dosage and strength of the drug matters.

Mine is 20 times more powerful than Valium.

I wrote about Leo Sternbach, the human being with the most patents in the world in the pharmacological field.
I wrote about it around 2018.

Reporting a graduate thesis on the subject.

<>
We have a fortune in our family.
We can quit any addictive substance.

But have the chance.

Others don't have it, they are genetically influenced by it at the base.

§

My father stopped smoking cigarettes.

He had been doing it since he was 7 years old.

He stopped at 44.

The substance use ratio was high, he lit one cigarette and moved on to the other.

In fact, he died from the damage caused by cigarette smoking.

His satisfaction was that he had managed to stop with enormous difficulty.

We hate alcohol in our family.

For me, hard alcohol is like drinking paint thinner, it makes me disgusted.

A fortune.

However, it's also genetic that I don't like him.

And it also comes from family education to never use it.

A problem related to births.

Drinking causes the newborn to experience very serious mental and physical problems.

Pay close attention to this one because it is underrated.

§
Drugs do you mean narcotics?

In Italian we use dozens of words to express a similar one.

In English it translates both drug and narcotic substance in the same way.

§
Your family history and quitting smoking advert are nice.

My father did the same thing, out of love for his family.

That's exactly why he stopped!
§

Something similar to yours also happened to me: others accepted, but absolutely not.

But I didn't try to change any of them's minds.
At that juncture.

§

Drugs are addictive... it depends James.

By how they are managed.

Usually they can be replaced with others until the molecule is changed to one that is easier to discard.

It can be disposed of.

§

Usually, however, one essentially changes and moves on to something else. Some are brain-dependent anyway so they switch to alcohol, for example, in high doses.

§

I hate alcohol and I absolutely don't like it.

§
Yes !

You wrote about it too!

Exactly, sorry I read now I'm proceeding sentence by sentence.

§
Thumb you as a child.

Like me you are looking for strategies.

Like me you are INTJ and it is normal to think this way.

§

I also came out of heavy OCD and on my own.
It was impossible to live with.

But I succeeded.

Maybe my mind was suited to it and that's not the case for everyone.

However, I struggled enormously.

*Important: People never want to struggle.

So they are only looking for the immediate solution.

This also applies to reasoning, reasoning is equivalent to commitment, and to reason you need to completely change mental schematisms and it is a difficult job on yourself.

So they don't.

I tend to do this all the time.

In some things I know I cannot succeed. In others yes, I can.

Thanks and sorry for the delay James, I didn't read your replies.

Huck Finn

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2023, 10:02 am

Huck Finn

I received your two messages. I set up this thread so that we could communicate together well. You are free to use Wrong Planet other threads as you desire, but this particular one is set up just for you.

In the first thread, you talked about your experiences as a child learning how to communicate on the computer. It was a strange conversation because even though many people talked about the subject, no one gave an answer. What I have found out is that when you ask people a question. About half provide valid information, whatever they know. But the other half will do the following, "they will ask you questions, stupid questions". They pretend to know the answer but in reality, they do not know. They are pretenders. So in general when I do not know something, I ask, but I ask a lot of people and listen to all the answers and then I can understand the depth of the question, because I have looked at it from all angles.

Then you wrote, "Because they do not go into programmed apotosis after 7 years and remain at least 180% compared to the 100% of an NT Gifted person."

So I will take a crack at answering this. We have multiple brains. One exist on each side of our brains. They all share together until they reach adulthood about age 12. Then the left side becomes dominant and the right side of the brain becomes a support structure that exist only during our sleep state. But if we die before that age, then the right side can come online and become the dominant brain. The left side can eventually recover and switch places becoming our night time brain. I died around the age of 3 or 4 and that is what happened to me. But it didn't really become visible until I transitioned into adulthood.

I wish you could watch the film "Free Guy"
https://play.bydeluxe.com/en_ITA/movies/free-guy
It would really explain the four types of human beings in our species.

You talked about your dreams and nightmares. I would interpret this as follows: Your night time brain determines there is a problem in your life. It wants to help resolve the problem. Some type of danger. You see the danger but cannot figure out the solution. So your night time brain is trying to figure out the best and optimal solution for you. It is looking for solutions that work and will fix the problem.

Then in your second post you were talking about the retaining wall that we are building. This year has been a dry year, so we are fortunate in being able to repair some damage. We have a small stream that flows from near the house down the hill to the river. So when it rains the water runs down the hill. But water finds a way and has seeped into the ground and eroded it. The erosion is underground. It is very large but also fairly invisible. My wife and I have now mixed and moved 4,400 pounds (653 kg) of concrete into the void. It is a very big hole. And it is buried underground. We are making some progress but still have more work to do.

I read both messages to the end. Do not be afraid of sleep and dreams. I believe they will help you get better and better. Let you other brain, you night time brain help you resolve your problems.

Remember this is your special spot. I have created it for you. It is special and almost invisible. Like a ghost.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2023, 8:21 am

Huck Finn

I hope you are doing well and getting some needed sleep.

jimmy m.

Huckleberry Finn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Sep 2023, 4:17 am

jimmy m wrote:
Huck Finn

I hope you are doing well and getting some needed sleep.

jimmy m.

Sorry Jimmy m.

But the notification didn't appear as usual.

A ghost thread for real!

I wrote to you yesterday.

<>

For a few days I was traveling to Neverland.

I slept little because I had to use as many hours as possible so I arrived late from my commitments and always left very early in the morning

I had everything the house was hyper technological (home automation)

but I was there for a short time.

The rest was moving around to do a thousand things.

How are you Jimmy?

I hope all is well, I saw a little number 75 in your years but I had already written it.

I hope that with your intelligence and variety of skills and knowledge, you get better and better.

*Don't overdo too many things, because I have the feeling that you are hyper active too and not just mentally.

Delegate many things to other people.

You make others work, please.

I had read the link, but I think this is it, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm referring to the thread.

I don't use the forum well, in terms of layout even though it is a simple forum.

Similar to the older generation Italian ones.

I get lost in these things too...

Then you'll have to teach me how to orient myself.

Because I'm very wrong about this too.

While you don't, you orient yourself in places that are very crowded with people.

I and I know why, in a thread on one of our forums it is common among autistic people, we tend to get lost we have no sense of direction.

Not all but it is very common.

Even though we have an excellent memory.

Huck Finn

Huckleberry Finn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Sep 2023, 4:21 am

I have to read your post carefully, because it is long and I read line by line.
I should use speed reading.

But with English it is difficult for me, in my languages ​​I quickly have the exact understanding of a written text.

Forgive me because I only saw the post now

<>

In the replies to your posts I tend not to skip a single word.

Each word contains a very complex answer to give.

And I have to understand well how to summarize my answer.

In Italian I struggle but I succeed: it takes me longer to write briefly than to write quickly in a very extensive and detailed manner.

Paradoxical, isn't it?

I struggle to write concise emails for a legal office.

To be short, concise, understandable and effective.

From the long email I remove 90% of my writing and leave only the essentials.

I write a long email in a very short time, then sometimes it takes me 1 hour to shorten it.

Shorten.

Another topic of discussion for us autistics.

Either we are too hermetic, or we detail too much and get lost in a thousand words that sometimes open up thousands of conversation scenarios.

The important fact is that they are not very useful for communication.

I read for study years ago L.Wittgenstein, as you know he was an Asperger, a brilliant philosopher, with an intelligence outside the standard even of the exceptional, he fascinated me, as well as his university speech published posthumously, on his passage from the light to the darkness of ghosts.

And communication.

*We are not what we communicate.

This is also emblematic as a discussion to be discussed.

(Huck Finn)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2023, 7:41 am

Huck Finn

I received two messages from you.

Yes I created this thread in a unique location so that we could communicate (almost invisibly).
So in a way this is your special spot on the site.

I was getting a little worried about you since I had not heard from you for several days. I thought that perhaps you became lost.

In your second message you discussed reading. I suspect that your mind works in a series structure rather then a parallel structure. As a result you have incredible speed but can not divide into a wide range of topics at once. So it is easy to get lost. I have some of the same structure.

I think the class in Speed Reading did help me to evolve my ability to read and write. It is a shame that this class in not offered to most of the people with our brain structure, like it was when I was growing up.

Remember, this link in the site is created for you.

jimmy m.

Huckleberry Finn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Sep 2023, 7:40 pm

Hi Jim! Series and parallel operation were part of my studies. So I deeply understand how much detail. I have to think about this carefully, because series operation is structurally weak compared to parallel one. Sometimes I don't really know how I function mentally. In fact, I had never asked myself this question. I find it extremely interesting. As you know, I always answer questions honestly. From first impression I had the perception that you are right. But if you are right, I could easily go into structural crisis. I always tend to fight battles which, as I confided to you, are almost always to my disadvantage. If I took stock I would be a clear winner. Because I would consider all the battles as a result, so I think I almost always won a sort of war. I tend to to always use logic. Autistic people usually think in series and that's why they go into crisis. Yours is an interesting form of reasoning: enlightening I would say. Who knows what actually in the world and in the super world is really in series or really in parallel Logic would suggest that everything is in parallel. But not in the mind of an autistic person. In mine, in fact, it is the mental speed that impresses others. Here perhaps not, because I consider myself to be a sort of illiterate person since I don't speak English. , even though I understand quite a few languages. The strange thing is that the more I let the images flow in speed and tranquility, the greater the result, if I get distracted then I can get confused. For me you see Ji, everything has a precise place, a meaning, a motivation to be there or not to be there, to exist or not exist. I doubt too many things, every thought leads to another and another, sometimes I have to block them. Consider that they are just images and there is no mental dialogue , as happens in the vast majority of people. I'm also working on trying to combine different thought forms. Words are perhaps the solution, but they are the words that don't bounce around in my mind. 13 years ago one of the two Aspergers present in a forum from NT wrote a thread about crazy people. I responded with posts but I wasn't focused on the topic. I was responding to an attack from another user. And this was not valid at all. The response was disconcerting. I don't know if it's still there: they have changed the IT security of the entire forum and thousands of my old posts were therefore lost forever on the web. Sometimes I re-read myself in questions or answers to people with important qualifications. I re-read myself and it's as if I didn't recognize myself. Then I was definitely quicker than now, I suspect the drug is slowing me down. Here too: advantages and disadvantages. The more I read about you Jim the more I think you are more than a very intelligent person, I was talking about it with two people dear to you. But they didn't respond, sometimes they don't follow me in my reasoning because they develop and they get tired quickly. Your friend thinks that women are multitaskers. I'm not. I find it illogical. How can you complete one thing well and do another plus others at the same time? Science refutes, among other things, this assertion about female multitasking. True: she is more organized than me. But she is a special, uncommon individual. With an impressive memory. I was struck by a memory we shared identical for about 10 years. A few days ago she altered it. But up until 9 years ago it was identical to mine. This struck me and I began to think about this while I was talking to her. I was also trying to understand if it had suffered any damage in the area designated for long-term memory, or if the shock related to the loss of a loved one has over time confused only that memory and not others. Series and parallel. Yes: I think you might be right about this, so I think in series.*You make me think that I have to create alternative thought forms because always in series, I can use others in case I lose track of them and their consequentiality. In electronics, the devices are connected in parallel. You know Jim, while my electronics professor filled the his giant blackboard with a lot of confusing schematics. I asked his assistant why. He told me ... simple, you have to think that there are open circuits and closed circuits. And represent them in parallel. Suddenly I understood all that blackboard of his full of useless connections, they were diagrams of industrial plants, he represented them in such a confusing way. I saw a lot of useless representations. My mind refused to even look further at that schematized mess. I thanked his assistant, I had understood what I had to do and I I immediately began the simulation of a banal electronic crane control system of a theorized port. I hope I have used the right words in English, let's see Jim... very tall machines that move very heavy objects without clashing with each other let's say.

While he explained I started to do something instead of standing there and worrying.

I did a perfect electronic simulation.

Some parts were just not perfect to look at, but the aesthetics are corrected, that's never a problem, then it was a new circuitry that I knew nothing about.

However, I had to think about them in parallel, precisely because he explained in series and virtual things cannot be represented in such an oppressive description.

By necessity I had to think of them as a track and start all the connections vertically from the top to the bottom of the two lines.

Result: I had simplified everything with those two lines parallel to each other and I could even do without the entire diagram, I kept it easily in my memory.

So I can also think differently from my norm, which perhaps is precisely in series.

At school I was able to both write and listen to the lesson.

I was writing because I was late for the next subject and I was putting my notes in order, I wrote without looking at what I was doing.

My companions were amazed.

Not so much because they knew me.

But because they had never seen two opposite things done together.

Writing and thinking means looking at what I wrote and at the same time following the lesson.

* Maybe being almost completely ambidextrous helped me do something that was so fun for others to see in action.

Quick read:there are three techniques, one of which includes emotions and I am alexithymic.

While instead I have already instinctively thought about reading sentences as quickly as possible without reading them word by word.

While I was doing it I thought I was fast.

Then I read that whoever explained the topic said exactly how to do it.

Furthermore, many of these techniques are counter-intuitive.

Therefore we need to think differently than we do in a standard way.

But even in this at school I had trained involuntarily, because I finished the class assignment in 5 minutes, while the others took up to 1 hour.

*I was very embarrassed to hand in the assignment first.

I was waiting for him to deliver another one, but among 30 people no one finished it.

So much so that I didn't know how to wait without being noticed.

The teacher's question was for the first time whether I had problems understanding.
I replied that I had already finished.

So sorry, but why don't you hand in your assignment?

I didn't get up from the chair.

The teacher came to take the assignment and when he examined it he found nothing correct.
Summary: he gave me more homework to do after the third one was solved, one of my classmates handed in his first homework.

Finally he had broken that spell that was so annoying for me.

You know Jim...you made me think.

I would know how to use other thought forms.

Except I'm not doing it.

At 16 I was able to take part in the job selections, there were thousands of people who took part, except that we, my classmates and I were 20 years younger than someone who took part in the tests.

But we always finished first.
I was waiting for the second one to hand him over.

Then I placed myself second.

Among other things, I lived as an autistic without realizing it.

Life is so short that the more time passes, the less sorry I am.

Let excellent people die in our country, we are a nation of old people.

But their culture is lost, only a small part of it has been expressed.

<>

Regarding my absence it was for the duration of the trip.

Even though I had a fast internet connection there, I returned to the accommodation late and had to rest for a few hours because I left early again in the morning Jim.

So I was exhausted with tiredness.

And to not spend a lot I used two low cost flights so with very small luggage, and the PC took up a lot of space, I had a smartphone but I almost never write on the threads from it, rarely even emails.

I only use the PC because I can remain seated and I have a large screen to write on, while an iPhone creates stress for me.

Then I just spent a lot of money on a phone that doesn't have great pefomances.

Even though it is one of the latest models, in my opinion their development is not at all as innovative as it was with the first models.

Now any Android surpasses IOS systems (in my opinion) if well chosen, and among other things they sell every piece apart which annoys me.

And it is a commercial technique that in my opinion puts them at a disadvantage compared to the Chinese giants.

Which also have Zeiss lens technologies sometimes.

Zeiss has always produced the best in optics.

Two years ago I met by chance a German boy who was a university assistant.

From Jena.

We communicated I don't know how in broken English, but we understood each other anyway.

He was surprised why I knew his city.

Regarding the thread you created, you brought me back here, without you I would never have come back also because I had written to unsubscribe.

I really made a mistake and lost some threads that I really cared about, who knows if I can recover them...

Huckleberry Finn

P.s: sorry, I see that the system repeated part of my post, or it was me saving it so as not to have to rewrite it all over again.

Excuse me because I could edit it, but I'm very tired, I only stayed to answer you and my eyes are closing from tiredness now.

I have to get up again in 2 hours.

Sorry, please be patient because I know that your eyesight is not optimal and some sentences are in terrible English.

I also misspelled your abbreviated name,

There's a letter missing, I see.

Try to understand the logic of my sentences anyway, don't make an effort with your sight.

Reply when you feel best

Thank you.
H.F.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2023, 9:30 am

Huck Finn

I have been gone for a few days but I am back now. In your last message you began talking about brain structure. Humans have two separate parts within our skull. They become our two main brains. The one on the left side is dominant. The right side becomes our sleep brain. But humans experience death when we are young. Our primary brain dies and our night time brain comes online and tries to fill the void. But it is very difficult and confusing because we do not have any guidelines. We have to figure it out ourselves.

In my case the stroke that I suffered was primarily on my left side. The damage was very severe. I lost my knowledge of spoken words and also my ability to read. This condition is known as a severe form of Aphasia. But immediately afterwards I fought an internal battle and was able to make significant progress in recovering that loss. The stroke destroyed about 2 percent of my brain cells but because it is constructed using a parallel/serial construction, it resulted in around a 20 percent loss in my brain. Most people cannot recover from such a brain loss. If you ever visit someone who has suffered such a loss, they will sometimes try and speak. They work so very hard to say one word, just one word. It is almost impossible.

You wrote: "Autistic people usually think in series and that's why they go into crisis."
That is right. But in my case I am a little bit different than most Autistic people. This is because when I was a small child, I learned how to use both sides of my brain, my right and my left. I was able to use both brains together. So I could look at everything around me from two different angles. Both sides of a coin. It was actually a simple process to learn. My mother bought me a very unique doll. One that had eyes that moved, a mouth that moved and a head that moved. To make a Muppet perform, you had to have two different characters. I was one and my sleep brain came online and became the second. We actually talked. And we were funny. Because of this childhood experience, no one could ever fool me because I could see everything from two different angles.

In general my right brain is very logical. It is like Dr. Spock in the TV films Star Trek.

You wrote, "The strange thing is that the more I let the images flow in speed and tranquility, the greater the result, if I get distracted then I can get confused."
Yes, that is how the right brain works. It works in a series structure. Whereas the left brain fully adapts into a parallel structure around the age of 12 or 13. This type of configuration begins even before we are born, while in the womb. At around age 3 or 4 when I died, the structure or right/left side was around 95 percent complete.

You wrote, "How can you complete one thing well and do another plus others at the same time?"
When I was working many years ago, I had to complete many different tasks at the same time. I would begin a task but then I hit a dead end. Something that I had no control over. (for example I needed a part and I had to order the part and wait for it to come in before I could move forward). This is a waste of time. It was a dead end. So I learned how to multi task. If I hit a dead end, I had other tasks to complete so I switched to another task and came back to the original task when I could move forward again. So in a way it is multi tasking but in a way it was processing multiple tasks efficiently, one at a time, with flips and flips and more flips. It was very efficient and worked. But I had to have all the tasks documented. I had to break each task apart into many pieces and work with the pieces rather then the entire whole. IT HAD TO BE WRITTEN or I would become lost.

You began talking about your female friend who was similar to yourself. This difference is because young girls are taught almost from the beginning to have a doll whereas boys are not. They intuitively develop both sides of their brain. If you watch a young 2 year old playing with her doll, you can see she is two persons. One is the girl and the other is the doll. But the doll is real, it is her night time brain.

jimmy m.

Huckleberry Finn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Oct 2023, 7:24 am

Hi James...

I also spent several days traveling as you know

I had a completely home-automated accommodation on my island.

So in theory I could do everything.

We'll call it Neverland, which among other things has something to do with literature.

But also with my origins in the origins of DNA.

Together with the OKINAWA islands which belong to the Okinawa archipelago which is located in the stretch of sea between Japan and Taiwan. It is the longest-lived geographical area in the world: the average lifespan is 81.2 years and centenarians make up approximately 20% of the population:

Our generations up until the one before mine had particularities that globalization has destroyed.

Including the fact that we are now used as a garbage island of any type (any) and an island for joint military exercises of the highest level, these cause cancer in the population.

But our elders were well over a hundred years old.

My grandfather died at almost 94 after smoking for almost 90 years and fighting a world war on the front lines.

Therefore also against enemies who used, for example, deadly toxic gases, flamethrowers and aerial carpet bombings and more.

The only variant is that in our country it is the men of the previous generation who also clearly exceed the maximum longevity compared to women.

Today's cigarette smoking is very harmful.

My father smoked from the age of 7. He quit.

But his lungs were asphalted by cigarette tar..
Then for many years he suffered the passive smoking of his clients, few know that 5000 carcinogenic substances are still absorbed in passive smoking.

My father died from that.

In fact he gave us two important teachings: no use of alcohol in drinks, no smoking of cigarettes.

In Italy we are veterans of fascist indoctrination (Fascism had origins before the Russian revolution).

Several years ago James, they made a law, it should be improved but we are happy with this for now.

Smoking is absolutely prohibited in public places.
Law absolutely respected immediately by everyone, we thought it would cause problems but no one violated the law.

If you do this, the people themselves will reprimand you verbally and tell you to stop immediately.
There had already been a smoking ban since 1973 so it had already received social approval. Then we moved on to zero tolerance.

The same goes for driving and drinking alcohol: the blood alcohol level must always be zero in tests, even in drug tests, zero.

Previously, older drivers were allowed a tolerance of 0.5g/l, given that only with that limitation the braking time doubles, it has now gone to zero. We hope the ban will also be extended to smoking at zero altitude in places even outdoors.
In 2003, law no. was issued. 3 (art. 51), “Protection of the health of non-smokers” (Sirchia Law), which extended the smoking ban to all closed premises, including private workplaces or places not open to the public, commercial establishments and catering, leisure places, gyms, sports centres
Let's see James...you probably orient yourself both in terms of your studies and stroke you are emerging from, and perhaps the neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor you wrote to me about.

I always find your considerations interesting James because they are very broad in terms of reasoning and competence.
I'll explain to anyone who can read: Neuroanatomy is the branch of anatomy that studies the anatomical organization of the nervous system.

In vertebrates, the set of ganglia and nerves that connect the brain to the rest of the body (the peripheral nervous system) and the internal structure of the brain are extremely complex. For this reason, the study of neuroanatomy has become a distinct discipline, even if it represents a specialization within neuroscience.

The identification of distinct structures and regions of the brain has acquired fundamental importance in the study of brain functioning. For example, much of the knowledge neuroscientists gain comes from observing how damage, or "lesions," to specific areas of the brain affects behavior or other neurofunctions.

Principles of brain organization
The human brain contains many nerve cells or neurons. In general, neurons are made up of 4 morphological regions: 1. Cell body or soma, which contains the nucleus, and which can be considered the metabolic center of the neuron. 2. Dendrites, which receive information from other neurons. 3. Axons, which carry impulses to neurons. 4. Axon terminals, which form synapses, and which serve processes such as neuronal communication. Neurons can be classified as multipolar, containing one axon and many dendrites, and unipolar, with one axon and one dendrite. But neurons can also be classified based on the neurotransmitter they contain, such as the dopamine neurons of the gray matter. In addition to neurons, the brain also contains what are called glial cells, which are ten times greater in number than neurons. Glial cells have various functions, such as bringing nourishment to neurons. The bibliographical source is: Kaplan and Sadock, Comprehensive textbook of psychiatry, 7th edition

Structural components
Let us now describe the various structures of the brain, through its evolution. In the early stages of development, three fundamental components can be distinguished: the forebrain, the midbrain and the hindbrain. Later, the forebrain will become the telencephalon and then the diencephalon. The telencephalon gives rise to the cerebral cortex, the hippocampal formation, the amygdala and some components of the basal ganglia. The diencephalon becomes the thalamus, hypothalamus, and other related structures. The midbrain gives rise to the so-called "middle brain". The hindbrain gives rise to the metencephalon and the myelencephalon. Source: "Kaplan and Sadock, Comprehensive tetxbook of psychiatry". The cerebral cortex is divided into 4 lobes, frontal, occipital, temporal and parietal. The frontal lobe consists of the primary motor region, the premotor region, and the prefrontal region. In the anterior parietal lobe we find the primary somatosensory cortex, while in the posterior lobe other cortical regions assigned to visual somatosensory functions. The upper part of the temporal lobe contains the primary auditory cortex and other auditory regions, the lower part contains regions involved in complex visual functions. The occipital lobe consists of regions like the primary visual cortex.

In any case your indications *Should be indexed in the forum*

I specifically ask the moderation because they are truly useful to anyone who reads the forum.

Let's see when they will be able to evaluate this and if they will choose to give an affirmative answer.

Sorry if I write in such a compact way (formatting), but as you know I'm still not well and I struggle to do otherwise.

I think I may have contracted a small foodborne virus.

Eating out.

In Italy we are in an immigration flow emergency and valid measures should finally be taken.

I calculate the number of foreign people present at 10 million.
Calculate that there are now around 61 million of us in Italy.
And outside of Italy between different generations I calculate 150 million of our former compatriots, in the USA alone there are 16 million of them, now perfectly integrated.

Here in Italy we officially ask the Government to place limits on the entry of people from other nations.

Or we will collapse.
However, people must be welcomed in a different way: Then they must be culturally educated to create citizens with a high level of education.

It sounds like a movie phrase but it can be done very well, it takes organization and time.

Now we are subjected to the EU which requires us not to block arrivals.
Then they refuse to harmonize reception in their states.

It must be said that we need the presence of people, as I see that the new Italian births are indigenous
close to zero.

I find it unworthy to treat immigrants as if they were human livestock.

This is how it happens.

But it must be said that we give them everything anyway, but if we don't work on integration, if we don't oblige as we oblige by law to have the free right to study at least until the university stage, the system cannot hold up.

People tolerate them, there is a good attitude, but the dialogues on the street are very different, even if we tend to protect them.

And our state is now Fascist again, and the people are no different from that, because they voted for them.

So in words something is worth while in fact it does not correspond to reality.

They eat vegetables at our place.

And we work paying for everything.

Only modest economic aid arrives from the EU and some reception centers are collapsing.

I return to I.T.

<>
Aphasia after your stroke is normal James.
Among other things, you reacted in a superlative way and you are a gold mine of ideas and you are also 75 years old, I can't imagine what you were like before the stroke then!

Wow!

In French we would say: CHAPEAU!

<>
I assume that your areas involved are at least three, except that it did not affect unique but intermediate areas (I'm going by intuition).

The same doubt in my old answer the Broca and Wiernicke areas are not affected as canonically happens, but collaterally (I hypothesize), then there is at least a third area affected in you.

The rest is evident: you, your daughter and the high-level US medical system did her job very well.

Even now.

In the visual area you have cerebral and morphological damage, which also affects the eyes laterally, so I wouldn't be able to write to you if one of the two things goes well before the other.

Because it will *definitely* affect your brain.

But then the transduction of the visual signal will necessarily be conditioned by how the eyes are now.

And something can be done about those.

So I think of an after for the eyes and a before for the brain areas involved.

That they are non-specifically, it doesn't make sense to me that the areas are completely involved, but collaterally involved.

The stroke affected (I hypothesize) middle areas and I wouldn't want there to be a fourth area not evaluated.

I recognize one thing: intuition.

My intuition is that of a scientific researcher.

I immediately imagined your condition as in three dimensions based on your description James.

The areas I have outlined are perhaps correct, but I am not convinced
the where exactly, therefore the contiguities.

And the hidden areas affected by the transit blood flow.

As in a sort of sudden Tornado.

<>

I thought about it and phase 1 is the brain or brains as you hypothesize, really interesting.

The rest is the transduction of the signal and impulses, towards both the sense organs (eyes and language) and that is functional: in my opinion in a second phase we can act on that too.

That gel liquid you describe can be replaced.

But this (I guess intuitively) only after phase 1.

Because from phase zero: emergency (very well managed) you are in phase 1 psotumi (very well managed), the third you train it and keep it alive.

Nothing in you has ever been completely lost thanks to you, however, who worked on it.

They will say that in the months immediately following the stroke it is essential to take action.

Which you did.

I can't consider it logical that everything just works out like this.

Even if in the bibliography it would be like this: Except that in medicine, it turns out that medical ideas are always in progress and we consider as established what we cannot reasonably consider as absolute.

Everything is relative until new studies, as it always has been in the branch of medicine.
Otherwise scientific research would not exist.

<>

The passage about aphasia is true James.

But consider that the stroke you suffered is not only different from others, since we autistic people are not structured neurologically like others, your mind is social, you worked on it immediately, you carried out interventions to patency of the blood circulation, you cleaned the patency of the blood circulation and strengthened the structures.

In addition to doing the right rehabilitation.

Let's consider that the argument is not of great value: I lost 20% of my functionality: because you started with a different mind, which did not work independently.
But in an extremely connected way.

My guess is that you have like double zones that act as double functionality.

One is hit hard, the other makes up for it.

Look James you don't fall under the normal attributions of damage.

I had assumed this right away.

Your case would require attention at the level of scientific research.

As highly uncommon compared to standard ratings.

I have been working on myself thinking for years about how to make mirrored allocation zones work.

As you know I am in an ambidexterity range with a margin of error between 1 and 5%.

We in the family are subject to aneurysms, blood pressure defects (heart), not only senile dementia
There are also new types.

One is also recent.

It is not thought that the ages at which functional impairment began have changed.

One is a recent discovery.
Similar to Alzheimer's, but due to different causes: Late affects one in 4 people over the age of 85. Distinguishing forms of dementia will lead to better therapies
Not just Alzheimer's: another form of dementia called Late has been described
They called it Late, which in English would mean 'late' with a suggestion who knows if intended for the very late age of the people mostly affected by the disease. In reality the name is composed of the initials of neurological terms: Limbic predominant Age-related Tdp-43 Encephalopathy. What is it about? Of a new type of dementia. Until now it had escaped identification as its symptoms are very similar, often overlapping, to those of Alzheimer's. And this, the researchers now observe by publishing their study in the journal Brain, can explain part of the failures in medical interventions for Alzheimer's: a certain number of patients actually had no memory and gradually other abilities disrupted by the infamous beta-amyloid plaques typical of Alzheimer's. In them, forgetfulness and increasing disability for everyday actions would be due to deposits of a protein called Tdp-43 in the brain.

Here are the warning signs that anticipate Alzheimer's
IN AUTOPSIES THE TRACE TO HELP THE LIVING
It will not be useless to remember that these "comparisons" on the different brain changes were detected in autopsies. So important that the researchers, in the end, give instructions to colleagues who want to follow them on this ground on how to conduct post-mortem investigations in order to identify a signal that can be found in the patient who is still alive. The aim is to arrive at making correct diagnoses for the benefit of the living, which deviate from the single cauldron of Alzheimer's and are a prerequisite for targeted medical interventions and innovations in therapies. Among the authors of the Late study, Peter Nelson, Dennis W. Dickson, Julie Schneider, belonging to various research centers from the University of Kentucky to the Rush University Medical Center in Chicago to the Mayo Clinic, make this observation: More than 200 viruses can cause a common cold. Why then should we insist that there is a single cause of dementia?

LATE GOES SLOWLY
When we talk about very "late" for this pathology we mean over 80 years of age. Indeed, 85: one in four at that age and older has a brain undermined by the Tdp-43 protein. Compared to Alzheimer's, this disease progresses more slowly. However, in the case of the presence of both dementias, they enhance each other in the speed of brain decline. Professor Elio Scarpini, director of the Alzheimer and Multiple Sclerosis Center at the Milan Polyclinic, explains that from a neurochemical point of view, the normal functioning of Tdp-43 is linked to the way in which cells use DNA to form proteins. In Late, the normal structure of the Tdp-43 would be modified, consequently altering its functioning. Abnormalities of this protein are already known in pathologies such as ALS.

The specialist continues: -"After years of clinical research conducted in the field of Alzheimer's dementia, the need to improve the inclusion criteria is now evident, taking into account not only the clinical but also the etiopathological differences", that is, the causes, for do not risk intervening, as has probably already happened in the past, on biochemical mechanisms other than those that cause dementia in the experimental sample. It therefore follows, continues Professor Elio Scarpini, the importance of redefining the profile of the subject affected by degeneration of the Tdp-43 protein from a biological and clinical point of view, increasing research in this area. The failure of clinical trials on Alzheimer's could be explained retroactively through autopsy examination, in order to improve understanding of the etiopathogenesis of the various neurodegenerative forms other than Alzheimer's disease".

So I'm very careful because I know very well that nothing happens suddenly, including strokes,
and ischemias do not arise out of nowhere.

But they are (I hypothesize) also very precocious, we just don't appreciate them right away.

The damage is certainly also the result of lifestyles, especially nutritional ones, when people are very young.

And the drugs that are medically abused.

I had an increase in blood pressure years ago, but I refused the drugs and changed both my lifestyle and my diet.

Now my values are within the normal range.

I don't take refined sugars, I don't eat certain foods, fortunately I feel bad if I drink alcohol, if I smoke, if I take milk and derivatives, if I take some vegetables, much praised as essential.

In me they are not.
There are also new types.

One is also recent.

It is not thought that the ages at which functional impairment began have changed.

One is a recent discovery.
Similar to Alzheimer's, but due to different causes: Late affects one in 4 people over the age of 85. Distinguishing forms of dementia will lead to better therapies
Not just Alzheimer's: another form of dementia called Late has been described
They called it Late, which in English would mean 'late' with a suggestion who knows if intended for the very late age of the people mostly affected by the disease. In reality the name is composed of the initials of neurological terms: Limbic predominant Age-related Tdp-43 Encephalopathy. What is it about? Of a new type of dementia. Until now it had escaped identification as its symptoms are very similar, often overlapping, to those of Alzheimer's. And this, the researchers now observe by publishing their study in the journal Brain, can explain part of the failures in medical interventions for Alzheimer's: a certain number of patients actually had no memory and gradually other abilities disrupted by the infamous beta-amyloid plaques typical of Alzheimer's. In them, forgetfulness and increasing disability for everyday actions would be due to deposits of a protein called Tdp-43 in the brain.

Here are the warning signs that anticipate Alzheimer's
IN AUTOPSIES THE TRACE TO HELP THE LIVING
It will not be useless to remember that these "comparisons" on the different brain changes were detected in autopsies. So important that the researchers, in the end, give instructions to colleagues who want to follow them on this ground on how to conduct post-mortem investigations in order to identify a signal that can be found in the patient who is still alive. The aim is to arrive at making correct diagnoses for the benefit of the living, which deviate from the single cauldron of Alzheimer's and are a prerequisite for targeted medical interventions and innovations in therapies. Among the authors of the Late study, Peter Nelson, Dennis W. Dickson, Julie Schneider, belonging to various research centers from the University of Kentucky to the Rush University Medical Center in Chicago to the Mayo Clinic, make this observation: More than 200 viruses can cause a common cold. Why then should we insist that there is a single cause of dementia?

LATE GOES SLOWLY
When we talk about very "late" for this pathology we mean over 80 years of age. Indeed, 85: one in four at that age and older has a brain undermined by the Tdp-43 protein. Compared to Alzheimer's, this disease progresses more slowly. However, in the case of the presence of both dementias, they enhance each other in the speed of brain decline. Professor Elio Scarpini, director of the Alzheimer and Multiple Sclerosis Center at the Milan Polyclinic, explains that from a neurochemical point of view, the normal functioning of Tdp-43 is linked to the way in which cells use DNA to form proteins. In Late, the normal structure of the Tdp-43 would be modified, consequently altering its functioning. Abnormalities of this protein are already known in pathologies such as ALS.

The specialist continues: -"After years of clinical research conducted in the field of Alzheimer's dementia, the need to improve the inclusion criteria is now evident, taking into account not only the clinical but also the etiopathological differences", that is, the causes, for do not risk intervening, as has probably already happened in the past, on biochemical mechanisms other than those that cause dementia in the experimental sample. It therefore follows, continues Professor Elio Scarpini, the importance of redefining the profile of the subject affected by degeneration of the Tdp-43 protein from a biological and clinical point of view, increasing research in this area. The failure of clinical trials on Alzheimer's could be explained retroactively through autopsy examination, in order to improve understanding of the etiopathogenesis of the various neurodegenerative forms other than Alzheimer's disease".

So I'm very careful because I know very well that nothing happens suddenly, including strokes,
and ischemias do not arise out of nowhere.

But they are (I hypothesize) also very precocious, we just don't appreciate them right away.

The damage is certainly also the result of lifestyles, especially nutritional ones, when people are very young.

And the drugs that are medically abused.

I had an increase in blood pressure years ago, but I refused the drugs and changed both my lifestyle and my diet.

Now my values are within the normal range.

I don't take refined sugars, I don't eat certain foods, fortunately I feel bad if I drink alcohol, if I smoke, if I take milk and derivatives, if I take some vegetables, much praised as essential.

In me they are not.

I should limit one drug: as soon as I am in condition.
Dolls were among my toys.

My mind works femininely.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2023, 12:50 pm

Is this thread one person talking to themselves or what

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2023, 2:25 pm

babybird wrote: "Is this thread one person talking to themselves or what"

This thread is a communications pathway between two people. I live in the U.S. and Huck Finn lives in Italy. (I gave him this name because I felt it was a better representation of him.) I do not speak any Italian and he does not speak any English. But he is very intelligent with an IQ over 150 and very good translators exist in today's world, thus we can communicate. We fit a small group of asperger's syndrome people (Aspies). We are a little rare even in Wrong Planet. He is a picture thinker and I am a word thinker. Our minds never age. We are both young children deep inside. But when most people stopped learning as they reached adulthood around age 12, we just kept growing our intelligence.

A Picture thinker moves extremely fast. Their form of communication is a little confusing at times because whatever they think they write. Only they are really faster then that and the normal communication system is too slow to keep up. I asked him to lower his threads and tone them down, so that we can communicate with each other.

Last edited by jimmy m on 02 Oct 2023, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2023, 2:49 pm

Cool