Page 5 of 11 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2023, 7:47 am

Huck Finn

I haven't read your post because I was almost dead and then recovering.

I thought I would let you know that I am in your book, the book called Huckleberry Finn. My name is Tom Sawyer. In the book there was a point where I almost died. I lost a lot of blood, so much blood. I was almost unable to walk. But I came back.

Tom Sawyer (a small piece of jimmy m.)

Huckleberry Finn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Oct 2023, 3:45 pm

I was worried when I read the post where you explained that you had a serious health problem.

I waited because I want you to recover and return to your best condition.

Know that when you wrote about the drug and your feeling ill, and that you saved yourself by taking it off, I had intuited something.

Maybe it's an anticoagulant?

Unfortunately, your condition makes certain medications essential.

Sometimes there are some that are not suitable in a set with others.

Now they have definitely changed it.

Honestly, it was one of my worries (Medicine was one of my passions, but not anymore).

So I was hypothesizing about some things potentially.
Dangerous.

But you don't have choice "B".

<>
From how you described it created a serious hemorrhage: I don't know where it was located, but it had an outlet.

James you have overcome even this extreme difficulty.

And you risked your life.

Maybe 4 fifths of the way you're close to the point of no return.

Blood perfusion tends to localize towards the areas indispensable for survival, abandoning the peripheral ones.

Therefore the brain chooses self-defense by polarizing the blood in the vital organs.

I am not clear on the dynamics of what happened but only hypotheses.

The important thing is that you are still alive.

You really do everything possible to follow medical therapies and much more for physical and mental recovery from an event that is potentially deadly for many.

Now you had this condition where you risked your life again.

I hope that you are now safe and on drugs that do not cause interactions between them.

I would like that 75 to become at least 95 over the years!

You are responding to me in a coherent and alert manner.

Therefore there does not appear to be any functional damage to the brain.

Of no kind.

OTHER districts of your body?

Can you now walk and do the same things as before?

Excuse my questions.

Just seeing your post is comforting for me.

*You know I quickly reread Twain's book.

I have several steps in mind.

Important: he tries to never be alone.

I was worried when I read the post where you explained that you had a serious health problem.

I waited because I want you to recover and return to your best condition.

Know that when you wrote about the drug and your feeling ill, and that you saved yourself by taking it off, I had intuited something.

Maybe it's an anticoagulant?

Unfortunately, your condition makes certain medications essential.

Sometimes there are some that are not suitable in a set with others.

Now they have definitely changed it.

Honestly, it was one of my worries (Medicine was one of my passions, but not anymore).

So I was hypothesizing about some things potentially.
Dangerous.

But you don't have choice "B".

<>
From how you described it created a serious hemorrhage: I don't know where it was located, but it had an outlet.

James you have overcome even this extreme difficulty.

And you risked your life.

Maybe 4 fifths of the way you're close to the point of no return.

Blood perfusion tends to localize towards the areas indispensable for survival, abandoning the peripheral ones.

Therefore the brain chooses self-defense by polarizing the blood in the vital organs.

I am not clear on the dynamics of what happened but only hypotheses.

The important thing is that you are still alive.

You really do everything possible to follow medical therapies and much more for physical and mental recovery from an event that is potentially deadly for many.

Now you had this condition where you risked your life again.

I hope that you are now safe and on drugs that do not cause interactions between them.

*You know I quickly reread Twain's book.

I have several steps in mind.

Important: try never to be alone.

So that there is always someone who can help you.

Hold on to secure objects with your hands.

Use a stick to move, it can help you maintain balance and help you attract attention or move objects near you that may be useful to you.

Try to stay as close to a hospital as possible because I imagine that the distances from you are enormous.

At least until you are certain that the problem will not be perfectly solved.

Huck Finn

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2023, 9:57 am

Huck Finn

I am getting closer to normal. I will try and respond to all your messages from 4 October to present.

On your first message, You wrote that you will try and condense down your messages because I have a hard time reading the long messages. THANKS.

You wrote that, "they say that autistic people are natural teachers". I think that is a true statement. It is because we tend to think very deep thoughts. We do not rush to judgement but consider several different sides of an argument.

You wrote that sometimes you experience seizures and they occur during the night. I will have to think about this. You have a daytime brain and a night time brain. They are two separate brains. Perhaps the reason why you do not like to sleep is because you are afraid of having these seizures. At night a person enters various stages of NREM sleep and then enters REM sleep. In REM sleep, your heart rate increases to the level of daytime or even higher heart rate. The REM brain is my night time brain and it is very smart, even smarter than my daytime brain. Maybe you are avoiding sleep because you are afraid of having seizures. Most people when they enter REM sleep have their bodies frozen. It is an automatic response. They are unable to move their hands and legs. This is to prevent them form damaging themselves during their dream state. But if a person does not experience this physical shut down, then it is possible to hurt themselves during REM sleep. That would explain epilepsy.

-------------------------------------------

In the next message you wrote, "You write to me that after the interruption you almost died James."
Yes, I almost died. I had blood coming out of my stool and at the same time I vomited everything I ate instantly. I could keep nothing down including all my medicine. Two days in this condition and I was almost dead. I could not get up and walk in a straight line. I was falling.
But it was all due to a mistake. My normal doctor told me that they were going to remove one of the drugs that I was taking. But then when I did not receive a drug, I automatically assumed this was the drug she was removing. I was wrong, it was a different drug. So the drug I stopped taking was a critical drug.
At least that is what I believed happened. But I am back on my dosage of the critical drug and I am now off the drug she was going to remove, and I am alive and feeling well.

You then wrote, "Your clinical picture is complicated even too many drugs interact with each other."
In my case, it is even a little more complicated then that. Several years ago I had surgery to lose weight. I lost over 120 pounds. It was called Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery. They modified my stomach. As a result I was able to get off all my prescription drugs. But as a result of the surgery my body stopped being able to absorb vitamins from eating foods. I had to take vitamin from tablets. This worked very well for many years. But then I suffered a stoke and I now also have to take some prescription medicines again. They have slowly been removing these prescription drugs from my list.

Then you wrote, "But you are like me: you remain cold and think in a hyper-logical manner."
That is correct.

In your third message, you wrote, "For you, all the drugs you take are lifesavers.
And having discontinued one they (I think) used another as a replacement."

In my case they were giving me a blood thinker because I suffered a stroke and they didn't know the cause of the stroke. So for almost 2 years I was taking a blood thinner. But they finally figured out why I suffered a stroke and the kind of stroke I had. They performed an operation that corrected the cause. But after the surgery, because many doctors were involved, the one who originally prescribed the blood thinner was not updated and as a result, I was still on blood thinner medication even though I no longer needed it anymore.

I am going to town to buy some groceries. I will respond to the next message when I return.

jimmy m.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2023, 11:46 am

Huck Finn

I am back and will answer the last message you sent Yesterday, 4:45 pm, my time.

In this message you asked, "Can you now walk and do the same things as before?"

Yes, I think I am very close to my normal (post stroke) self. Prior to this problem a few weeks ago, I was experimenting with my dosage of my Juvenon supplement. I had increased it from 1 per day to 3 per day. It was giving me back my ability to read quicker.

So I guess I am getting back to normal.

jimmy m.

Huckleberry Finn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Oct 2023, 4:07 am

Hi James: I read it yesterday, I have to answer you in a less verbose manner than usual.
<>
I know you're better: this is important!

<>
Yes.
You risked your life.

But you managed to overcome it as usual.
<>
I'll revisit the post for a better answer.

I recommend (if I can) never to be alone, and to look for accommodation as close as possible to your local hospital.

Your regions are immense and getting to a specialized hospital takes time.

In case of emergency.

*I recommend a satellite phone if you stay at home alone: ​​this way you will be able to communicate with your daughter immediately.

Don't get tired now by responding to posts, don't make an effort and don't get up quickly.

It takes some time to recover.

I imagine they gave you an IV and replenished both your blood levels and what you lost.
<>

I always read your posts carefully: I remembered the gastric surgery.

<>

I didn't write it because I didn't know your actual condition, but some medications are essential until a change occurs.

*Can I write that they were superficial and seriously put your life at risk?

See you soon Amico mio.

Huck Finn

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2023, 9:50 am

Huck Finn

I am almost back to my normal self. How are you doing. I know you went through some rough times over the last few years. How is your healing progressing.

jimmy m.

Winter is coming and I think the winter may be a rough one this year in my region. We have hornets that grow nest in the woods near our home. According to old legend, the height of the hornet's nest predicts the height of the snow for the upcoming winter. This year the hornets nest around our home was 50 feet (15 meters) high.

Around 50 years ago, we had a rough winter. During that winter, towards the end, we experienced a severe winter snow storm storm. About 10 feet of snow fell and the temperatures dropped well below freezing and the wind was violent. The combination created mountains of snow that were 50 feet deep. They brought all traffic to a standstill for several days.

Huckleberry Finn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Oct 2023, 12:53 am

Hi James.
I read your latest posts but I couldn't reply to you.

Among other things, I have to find a shorter and more compact way, but instead I'm still writing long posts.

<>
I'm not well, but it doesn't matter.

In recent days I have experienced periods of tiredness.

In part I know what it depends on, in another perhaps a virus.

So I think the virus passes, the rest depends on the drug.

<>

Concerning you: I had also understood from the emails that this could have occurred in you.

But I made the mistake of not writing to you about it.

Because I don't know your clinical picture, and I didn't want to affect medical therapy.

<>
Let's say it went well and the consequences were not irreparable.

<>
Unfortunately, a medical error is very possible.

Many of my relatives are doctors, one of them got my father's treatment wrong.

He is a diabetologist with top marks in all his specializations and master's degrees.
Academic Honors.

Yet he was wrong.

<>
I understood that he was wrong.

and I made up for it with nutrition and my father never reached the state of coma.
<>
He also ended up in hospital: medical error.

I traveled 240 km to find him 2 times a day.

I recognized that he was about to enter that state (coma) and alerted the doctors.

They told me it was impossible.

I explained to him the things my father had told him, because I managed to arrive while he was still able to speak.

<>
They saved HIM.
<>

Back to you James.

<>

We autistics think that others don't make mistakes like this.

We trust .

<>

At the base there is mutual good faith.

But he had to double check and make sure by looking at your medical records and asking specific questions.

Instead, you trusted it by thinking about an objective thing: the changed drug was what was supposed to happen.

Only the mistake was which drug.

<>
I asked for blood because you couldn't help but eliminate it.

There were 4 ways.

What happened to you saved you because it made the blood drain and vomiting is an adverse effect.

In your case of lack of therapy.

Very often people vomit due to poisoning.

But also to eliminate as much as possible from the body.

<>

Now your doctor has understood and corrected.

They certainly reinstated you both on a haematological level and to help you recover physically.

<>
Your States are beautiful, have natural exceptionalities and tremendous acts of nature.

They are subject to incredible events for most of the world.

<>

Remember James: popular sayings are never based on inventions.

So it's very possible it will happen as people say, in any case it will snow.

Now the satellite projections, which are military, are almost perfect.

Some things can be established well in advance.

(Something dangerous will happen here regarding the Campi Flegrei, I can't tell you when, but the alarms from the State are daily).

<>

*You are now in a beautiful region, in a beautiful house, you structured everything, your life is there almost entirely.

I don't know the distance between you and the hospital.

Because you never know.

And in any case when the big snow comes, you will be isolated as well as your family.

And no one will be able to move.

If you had to do it, how could you?

The temporary solution would be to move closer to the place close to the hospital as accommodation.

This is for safety.

At 70% nothing will happen to you.

<>
I don't know how to tell you, let's say I have a lot of intuition.

<>
In any case, you are equipped with communication methods to always keep with you.

In a belt: so that we can communicate.

I was writing about the satellite mode because it is safer.

But also portable.

Never be alone.

Until you recover 100%.

Don't get tired.

Get up first by sitting on the bed for a few minutes, then stand upright.

There are also poles to make the walk balanced, he uses them in trekking.

Food, beyond freeze-dried supplies, you are looking for ways to not have to travel often.

<>
I think that when your body returns to perfect balance the chances of problems will be reduced.

Now everything has to settle down again.

Check with The oximeter (or pulse oximeter) is a device used to measure the oxygenation of the blood, to understand if the lungs are able to take in a sufficient quantity of it from the breathed air.

Never tire your heart.
There are inexpensive devices to evaluate heartbeats under strain.

Runners and cyclists use them.

Above all, always use at least one hand to hold yourself when you move.

Even if you fell you would avoid repercussion damage.

Huck Finn

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2023, 9:25 am

Huck Finn

You talked about my recent events that almost lead to my death. I think it was a mistake on two parts, one mine and one theirs. They cut off one of my key medicines and I was confused and thought it was a different non essential medicine that they had taken me off. Two mistakes not one.

Then you began to discuss this natural winters weather forecast based on hornet's nest height. If we do experience this phenomena, it will be generally within our region. It will not effect the entire globe. So it is something that I must prepare for, not you. You may experience a mild winter.

As far as your concern about Campi Flegre. This is something that you might spend a little time figuring out what to do in advance should this event occur. An event like this kind might be very severe near sea level but you are higher. What would happen if such an event occurs. What steps might you take to prepare for such an event? How could you not only protect yourself but your entire family and others.

You wrote, "I don't know the distance between you and the hospital.
Because you never know.
And in any case when the big snow comes, you will be isolated as well as your family."

I am well prepared should a massive snowfall occur in my region. I have prepared for such an event.

jimmy m.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2023, 10:11 am

Oh good. You must keep warm.

Huckleberry Finn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Oct 2023, 6:07 pm

Hi James.

I hope you're fine.

<>
Sorry because I understand much more than I can communicate in English.

So it was clear to me what I had written.

But I did not respond in an acceptable manner in English.

So not clear.

<>
I think there was a sort of false belief on your part, you know, it's a bit typical for us autistics.

The false belief task exists. It was developed in 1983 by Joseph Perner and Heinz Wimmer: its most famous formulation is also known as the Sally-Anne test.

It serves to verify the development of the metarepresentational capacity in human beings, i.e. the development of a theory of mind.

You believed something based on what you knew would happen.

But the medical error was what led to it.

As an autistic person, you thought it was logically obvious that the drug removed was the right one.

While in reality the medical error that you could not contemplate consisted in having taken away an essential drug.

<>
Let's see...according to logic...

You James are not a doctor, you haven't studied medicine, and in any case you have no special interest in pharmacology.

1) You couldn't escape the mistake: you thought the logic was correct, but it wasn't in that case

2) The doctor made a mistake, this is a judgment for which I apologize...
But you check at least twice before acting and he didn't do it.

The rest is clearly medical error: many people die from medical errors.

*It should be emphasized that doctors save billions of lives.

Therefore the discussion is not generalized to the medical profession.

But to avoid mistakes.

Both in the USA and in Italy, but also in other countries, there are medical protocols to reduce these errors to zero.

<>
My cousin is a doctor at a major hospital.

He repeats the check and checks the medical records of each patient.

So 2 times: and often find

<>
A friend of mine who is a nurse also did it.

The same thing happened.

He has developed a program in which the data entered prevents this from happening.

<>

If they occur with his program, doctors would be alerted immediately.

He is now no longer operational due to stress (he was in an area where he saw many children die of leukemia, and he went into severe depression).

<>
He called me months ago, he was sorry he wasn't operational.

I instead replied that his data entry work saved many human lives.

So he should have been proud of that.

<>
In fact, when the control system was being developed, he explained his work to all his colleagues and also to all the doctors in a meeting room.

And it was praised.

<>

In your case, which is different because you are not hospitalized, and on medical pharmacological therapy, the change in therapy and an alert for any errors had to be inserted.

<>
What perhaps saved you was perhaps the plasma half-life of the drug, which lasted many hours, to eliminate it from the human body in any case and completely a drug has an equivalent of double plasma half-life.

*I don't know what drug it was so I'm going by intuition.

But perhaps it was long enough and did not exceed double the hours expected for the total elimination of the drug from the human body(?)

<>

The physicist went into self-protection so he eliminated the blood in his feces and vomited.

This saved you.

Then the subsequent medical intervention was certainly very quick.

<>

What matters is that you have overcome this bad situation too.

James.

<>
I was also referring to the distance between the hospital and your home.

Because if a critical event were to happen you would be too far away.

<>

On the popular saying I refer to a disaster that occurred in Italy.

On Mount Toc, which a popular saying brought to mind landslides in that place.

The landslide occurred in 1960.
In the village downstream, 2000 people died.

At the time it was the tallest dam in the world.

So: the meaning was that popular sayings are based on ancestral memories.

But valid.

<>
Of double arch type, the dam is 261.60 m high and in 2021, over 60 years after construction, it is still the eighth highest dam in the world (the sixth arch dam), with a volume of 360,000 m³ and with a basin of 168.715 million cubic meters.

At the time of its construction (1957-1960) it was the tallest dam in the world. It was surpassed by Grande Dixence in 1961.

The purpose of the dam was to act as a seasonal regulation water reservoir for the waters of the Piave river, the Maè torrent and the Boite torrent, which previously went directly to the Val Gallina basin, which fed the large Soverzene power plant.

The waters, removed from their natural course, were thus channeled from the Pieve di Cadore dam (Piave river), from that of Pontesei (Maè torrent) and from that of Valle di Cadore (Boite torrent) to the Vajont basin via kilometers of pipes in vibrated reinforced concrete and spectacular tube bridges.

<>

I know that you have prepared for every eventuality both with wood for several years and with freeze-dried food.

But in case of such deep snow the roads would be blocked.

Where it often snows there are machines that clear snow very quickly.

In Italy, Japan, the USA.

But your road network is gigantic.

It would take days.

Your rescue could not take place by road.

But only for helicopter.

And in some weather conditions helicopters cannot fly.

<>
I know that you have prepared for every eventuality both with wood for several years and with freeze-dried food.

Where it often snows there are machines that clear snow very quickly.

In Italy, Japan, the USA.

But your road network is gigantic.

It would take days.

Your rescue could not take place by road.

But only for helicopter.

And in some weather conditions helicopters cannot fly.

Last edited by Huckleberry Finn on 19 Oct 2023, 6:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Huckleberry Finn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Oct 2023, 6:08 pm

So on the Campi Flegrei I would say that if an explosion occurred, and I was there, and the ground level increased hour by hour for decades, sooner or later something would happen.

<>

A disaster could happen!

Many, thinking of Italy and Naples, turn their attention to volcanoes such as Etna and Vesuvius.

But they often forget (or don't know) the reality of the Campi Flegrei and its 40 volcanoes in the Neapolitan territory.

We are talking about a supervolcano which, if it were to erupt or explode, could devastate not only the Neapolitan and Italian territory, but cause catastrophic global consequences.

As for the magmatic hazard, I'm not sure there is enough material underneath.

But gases do.

Every month on average they increase by almost 2 centimeters, therefore 24 cm per year.

They are perhaps among the most monitored in the world.

And among the ten most dangerous on planet earth.

Yellowstone has risk 8, Campi Flegrei has risk 7 to give you a benchmark.

But it's your subject of study, and I'm not competent, sorry, people sometimes know things, but not enough to describe them.

In Italy they have prepared an illogical 72 hour evacuation program.
Impossible.

But also 40 hours.

By land, on the roads?

Meh!

Fast trains 300km/h to displace 1 million inhabitants?

Don't laugh, but they think about these things.

Every few days we receive alert messages from civil protection.

Imagine every cell phone in Italy with IT Alert.

But what's the point?

Ok, thanks Government but what use would it really be to us?

IT ALert is a system that includes all possible catastrophes of all kinds, including wars.

If there were a not huge explosion I think half of Europe would suffer collateral damage.

<>
In Italy in the height of summer many downbursts occurred.

An entire year's worth of rain could fall in one month.

I think disastrous events are everywhere in the world.

Except that in Italy the hydrogeological risk is throughout Italy.

Where I am, only anti-earthquake houses and buildings are built.

The degree is slight in terms of magnitude around 5. I don't think it will be exceeded.

Except that unfortunately, we cannot eliminate ancient villages to build new structures from scratch.

If we were like Japan, we could copy from them.

But we should eliminate centuries and millennia of history.

I don't think a tsunami in our country would exceed 30 meters in height.

I could put the terms of comparison with some of your Tsunamis which reached 525 meters high (20 times as much)

<>

Sorry long post.

If you rest, do it quickly

And don't get tired of reading, use an automatic reading app.

You can also use it to dictate your posts James.

Remember that you are Tom Sawyer and not Superman! :)

Never be alone.

Huck Finn

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2023, 6:40 am

babybird wrote:

Thanks. During the winter almost 50 years ago in Indiana, a late winter storm dropped around 10 feet of snow and the temperatures dropped well below freezing. The huge winds distributed the snow and there were snow drifts that were 50 feet high. It brought everything to a standstill for many days. People could not leave their homes and some were stuck at work for three days unable to get home. The height of the snow on the roofs broke the foundation of houses and some houses caved in. It froze the water lines buried beneath their driveways and when the temperatures rose again and the ice melted, the water lines flooded the ground with water and people were without water for days until the lines were repaired.

So just in case this event occurs again this year, it might be wise for those in my region of the U.S. to prepare for such an event.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2023, 11:24 am

Huck Finn

I received two messages from you and I will try and respond to each.

You talked about my recent near death experience. Yes I think it was a double mistake. Two events happened and were mixed up in my mind and therefore I almost died.

You wrote, "*I don't know what drug it was so I'm going by intuition.
But perhaps it was long enough and did not exceed double the hours expected for the total elimination of the drug from the human body(?)"

In my case the critical drug that I stopped taking that was in reality essential is called Pantoprazole.
The drug drug that they wanted me to stop taking and which I no longer take is called Clopidogrel.

In my case, the problem was corrected when we received my supply of Pantoprazole and I began taking it and then doubled my normal dose. So it brought me back to normal quickly.

You asked how far I was away from a good hospital. There is a city called Bloomington about 30 minute drive from my home. It is a college town and they have a good medical system. My normal doctor is located there.

You wrote, "I know that you have prepared for every eventuality both with wood for several years and with freeze-dried food.
Where it often snows there are machines that clear snow very quickly."

I have a large snow blower. It will clear my driveway from snow several feet deep (around 1 meter deep). But it will not be able to handle large 50 foot snow drifts. But as long as I can get about the area around my home, I should be O.K.

-----------------------------------

I watched the video called "The Super Volcanic Eruption"

It is an interesting video and may hold a lot of information. There are a couple points that can be addressed.

In general, we will probably experience a less intense volcanic eruption before we experience one of this magnitude. Therefore it will cause many deaths but at the same time provide substantial evidence of the effects from such a super volcano.

I suspect that on my website IMPACT, I discussed this and described an approach for protecting yourself and family. Should such an event occur, there are 3 primary focus points for survival. These are food, air and water. I am pretty sure I discussed bits and pieces of this in my website. Freeze dried foods will last 30 years. Water can be purified to remove the contaminants (section: Water Purification).

http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/

When I designed and built my underground shelter, I included the threat from Super Volcano.

http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Un ... helter.pdf

So although a super volcano is a threat, there are ways to protect yourself from it. But you must recognize the threat in advance and prepare for it. It cannot be done at the last minute, when people enter panic modes.

From my perspective, it is good that Italy is looking at possible threats and taking action to minimize the threat. In the event of a Mega Tsunami. Events can happen quite suddenly, having and implementing a plan of action can save lives. Chaos will normally play a part and many things will not work as planned. But at least your country has considered potential problems.

jimmy m.

Huckleberry Finn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Oct 2023, 4:37 pm

jimmy m wrote:
babybird wrote:

Thanks. During the winter almost 50 years ago in Indiana, a late winter storm dropped around 10 feet of snow and the temperatures dropped well below freezing. The huge winds distributed the snow and there were snow drifts that were 50 feet high. It brought everything to a standstill for many days. People could not leave their homes and some were stuck at work for three days unable to get home. The height of the snow on the roofs broke the foundation of houses and some houses caved in. It froze the water lines buried beneath their driveways and when the temperatures rose again and the ice melted, the water lines flooded the ground with water and people were without water for days until the lines were repaired.

So just in case this event occurs again this year, it might be wise for those in my region of the U.S. to prepare for such an event.

It also happened in my grandfather's town

.The people first found meters of snow, then everything was frozen in the intense cold.

The houses back then were quite low and those who managed to get out of the house somehow helped their neighbour.

One of the things that was most scary were the roofs.

They become heavy when made of wood

And in any case the snow was so heavy that it buried entire houses

Here we are quite well equipped as a region. Except that it hasn't snowed for 2 years.

Everything freezes: doors, gates, locks, cars, pipes freeze...

Solutions exist.

When the systems are rebuilt, the materials should be changed and insulated.

One of the things that allowed him to get out were axes.

De-icing exposed pipes is impossible: you need to think about it first.

It is important to be able to communicate with others.

Especially older people are at risk in these situations.

There are also solutions for producing energy independently, but money needs to be invested.

I can't post links, but the construction and system solutions exist.

You have standards in some states that are taken as an example.

Yes: the dangers are the ones you wrote about.

At most it freezes here in the winter.

Then the appropriate salt is spread.

The new houses are earthquake-proof, and some have been worked on for months.

If you saw the hospital here which is large, it looks like a big bunker.

Unsightly, but very pragmatic.

I don't know what the weather will be like this year.

We went from an equatorial temperature to cool.

I think the temperatures dropped by more than 20° Celsius in just one day

They were used to it here.

Now the problem is the heavy rains.

Our nation is as if it were playing dice with the devil every time.

Any event can happen, sometimes what is impressive is the quantity and intensity of the phenomenon and the speed.

I had a car that years ago seemed to have been hit in many places by hail, the size of tennis balls.

When I suspect hail, I run to put heavy (thick) sheets over it.

You know James, in the previous region we were used to very strong winds, the sea takes you away if you don't stay far enough from the piers.

The sand rises and gets everywhere and hurts you if you are discovered.

Once a former pope came.

He was from your country of origin.

That day it was so windy that in a street that I call the wind tunnel people didn't move and they just backed away.

Then that sudden wind calmed down.

Here, however, they don't understand.

Sometimes I can stay in high places precisely because the wind is almost absent.

When it's very cold here, people who ride bicycles manage to go without hands (They were born to ride a bicycle).

They keep them warm in the pockets. I tried: beyond 50 meters I can't.

It's not easy.

Here they are used to flat roads.

Here you must keep your right strictly, on the far edge.

Here no one would know how to drive where I come from.

Once you have covered a notable series of uphill and downhill curves. To take a person to the hospital.

I told her we would be there in half an hour

.Exactly.I knew every dangerous point of that road by heart.

Another overlooks hairpin bends like a canyon. In reality it is closed to traffic because it often landslides

And it has no barriers.

There are prohibition signs with more things written perhaps in the world considering how big they are.

I think it's the different experience that trains the mind to react.

Even providing a safety exit on the lower floors wouldn't be bad.

Sometimes the snow falls less on the opposite side depending on the roof and how much and where it is sloped and the material used.

Huckleberry Finn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Oct 2023, 6:30 pm

Short half-life.

Yes: I also took it together with others to treat the onset of gastric bleeding.

I would say it's exceptional. It has a very short plasma half-life.

I believe it is the most used proton pump inhibitor in Italy.

I now have no indications on the chronic use of the drug. Generally speaking, the maximum dose per day is equal to 40 mg of pantoprazole.

To treat gastroesophageal reflux symptoms, it is sufficient to take 20 mg per day.

When necessary, your doctor may decide to review the doses and duration.

In the treatment of reflux esophagitis, for example, the administration of pantoprazole can last up to 8 weeks.

In your case it is essential to protect the passages from the esophagus downwards.

In my case they used Pantoprazole for longer.

I asked when I should have taken it and the answer was: immediately.

May reduce the absorbability of other drugs.

I took it at 40 mg, I don't remember the daily frequency because some time has passed.

*He saved me from a gastric hemorrhage that was developing.

So I can only write well about it!

(Pantoprazole: it gave me diarrhea, but it is an expected effect)

<>

Clopidogrel is a drug belonging to the category of antiplatelet agents with a specific indication for the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases such as stroke and myocardial infarction.

In Italy we use, in addition to other antiplatelets, Cardioaspirin 100 mg in many cases.

The doctor must have formulated a list without noticing the names.

They are so different to do them.
(There could be a second hypothesis, but I won't go too far.)
Since you are not taking an antiplatelet drug, your health condition is well maintained.

There do not appear to be any problems with substructive thrombi, so the blood vessels are also patent and various checks are carried out on their functionality.

You are taking an excellent gastroprotector.

<>

Bloomington: I know the name.

Monroe County.

I read about The City of Flowers according to the first settlers who were fascinated by it.

If no major weather events occur, half an hour's drive from home, in a country with immense distances, I would say it is very close to you.

Excellent location I would say.

<>
You know the intensity of the strength of the Campi Flegrei is an unknown.

I was in that area myself about two years ago.

It impressed me a lot.

The event described in the video is extreme.

The area is perhaps among the most monitored in the world.

The ground continues to rise steadily.
Much so that it exceeds 24 centimeters per year.

But it's on the rise.

Something will happen.

And it will be uncontrollable.

You see James...I saw that area.

Clear out as they would like in the event of actual risk (probabilistic), in case there are signs (which is not necessarily the case: they are already ignoring them, given that the ground is constantly rising and no clear-cut solution is taken: clearing and abandoning the area forever)

I don't find it possible: fast trains, and roads.

The routes would be land, nine or 10 of them would be impassable.

And the deadly gases.

There would be only one solution: do it now.

Without waiting.

1 million people don't move in a few hours: I find it simplistic of them.

The level is 7, again for the example Yellowstone has level 8.

But the Flegrei fields have already demonstrated that they can have devastating global effects.

I think they are terrified of it but they can't say it because among other things it would be useless.

Nearby there are cutting-edge research centers.

They see every detail.

*Also in my opinion the devastating hypothesis is less likely than a medium-sized event.

At least I hope so.

Yes: You wrote about it

You had published about how to defend yourself.

You know James: people would panic, that's obvious.

If I were nearby, and I saw an uncontrollable situation, I would go there too.

Or I would resign myself to the event.

From afar we would all suffer the consequences.

So the problem would be far-reaching, although medium-level I suppose.

In the risk maps the alert level is still yellow.

While Yellowstone is red if I remember correctly.

I think it is more serious to evaluate things with intellectual honesty.

Here some things are minimized.

On the other hand, they are studied at government levels in a very intense manner.

The two things do not coincide with each other.

If the risk is not moderate, then they need to explain to us why they monitor it so precisely.

There are many electronic instruments.

But the effect is that of a great giant who is about to crush you with his enormous foot, and you are in Lilliput.

Ame is disconcerted by communicative superfiality.

Here there is media censorship on many things.
You can't talk freely about almost anything.

As in dictatorships.

Programs are often quickly closed or cancelled.

This in every area in which there is even a single person of importance (of a high level)

ask even just one doubt.

In Italy there can be no doubts.

Not on radio, not on TV, not in journalistic information, not in virtual places, not on the web of alternative broadcasts.

Everything is immediately closed or people are excluded from the dialogue.

You know: the experts are very clear about several important things, but there is no possibility of an idea different from the one politically agreed upon.

Which is one and that's it.

I find our actions in this regard dictatorial and also clearly stupid.

I always turn to forums or other social networks on the web.

They shut them down if you post something other than what they say.

They = political semi-dictatorship.

Sorry I deviated from the topic: yes chaos would certainly prevail.

But you can't say that.

Because in Italy it would be a crime if an expert did so.

However, fear filters through the mass media.

And that fear has a logic.

I cannot say that there will certainly be a problem in the short term, but it is clear that the problem will occur.

A choice should be made, but immediately, not during, during it would only be chaos.

The people of those places are very intelligent and know very well where they are located.

But she's sort of resigned, I can't tell you James, she knows it will happen, not when.

But it will happen.

In the meantime it hasn't happened yet, but something causes the subsoil to rise significantly.

They monitor it.

This, together with the evacuation plan, is the only way to deal with it.

They will certainly be right.

But I have serious doubts about this

Here I'll post a video from 1 day ago.

An expert speaks of 3 million people at risk and of an enlarged area beyond that described by the Government.

But it's mapped!

You have the automatic 6-point rudder traction.

Some people already sleep in their cars.

There are many tremors...

Now from green to yellow you can go from red to orange.

I understand it is expensive to move millions of people.
The gentleman you will see in the video has almost 1600,000 followers.

And he is a qualified science communicator.

Talk about calderas.

Already 24 months ago.

THE CAMPI FLEGREI are a supervolcano. Potentially more devastating than Vesuvius. The area in question, north-east of Naples, is affected by the "breath of the volcano", which causes intense seismic swarms and which in the 70s and 80s led to the evacuation of entire neighborhoods.
Today the Supervolcano is active. Very active.
The entire area is densely populated and the volcanic risk is probably the highest in Europe: this is why we wanted to tell it.
I use "we" because this is a collaborative effort with the international photojournalist Claudio Morelli, author of #supervulcano (http://www.super-vulcano.it).

This is a story that develops through the testimonies of the people who live in the Phlegraean area, of those who constantly work to monitor the territory, of those who manage a municipality like that of Pozzuoli.

In the 34 minutes, two macro aspects related to bradyseism are addressed:
- the scientific one, to be able to give a clear idea of ​​the phenomenon, its cycles, its times, its causes.

In short, an aspect that involves the mind, the rational, analytical part;
- the social one, to make people understand how much people's lives have been, are and will be conditioned by this phenomenon, in a constant way, in everyday life.
Well, this is an aspect that involves more our emotional part, which "gets the stomach".

I hope that people, and especially the people who live in these areas, will appreciate this special (produced by a geologist who was born and raised in Naples) and will grasp the underlying message: that is, that we need to inform ourselves, read up on developments and precautions existence of certain geological phenomena, without taking things lightly and at the same time without falling into useless alarmism.

Huck Finn

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2023, 2:57 pm

Huck Finn

I went away to visit my daughter yesterday. I will respond to the two messages you sent.

In the first message (20 Oct 2023, 5:37 pm), you wrote:
Sometimes the weather can become extreme. I experienced a few very severe winters over the years. You mentioned some bad winters that struck your area. Sometimes it is rise to prepare in advance for these types of events.

I read you second message. It seems that you have a fear of CAMPI FLEGREI. It may erupt at least some signs of an eruption have been taking place for the past several years. So when I think about this subject, I look at it from the following point of view. What are the danger areas should it erupt? This will depend on the size of the eruption. I suspect it will not be at the maximum. It will take another type of event to maximize its effect, such as a large comet impact on Earth. So in a way I think your are outside the dramatic danger region. But the effects can still be devastating. So how to prepare for such an event? These fall into the areas of food, clean drinking water and clean air. It is possible to take steps to ensure that you protect yourself and your loved ones by having devised backup plans to ensure your safety. This may mean stockpiling long term storage foods, obtain water purification systems, etc.

If I was to provide my best thoughts about: Cambi Flegrei, it would be:
Before 13,000 years ago, we were in the middle of an ice age. Much of the water was frozen in northern and southern regions of the world. Where I live in Indiana, the ice was a mile thick above the state. The ocean water levels were almost 400 feet lower then today. Then almost overnight the ice melted and vast floods occurred. This event could have been caused by an impact from a long period comet. The comet diameter could have been 100 miles thick. This comet broke up into thousands of pieces and then impacted the earth. There is evidence of over 100,000 impact craters scattered over Canada and the United States and even some hit Europe. Because these comet fragments struck sheets of ice, the fragments traveled through more then 1 mile of ice before they left depressions in the ground. Such an impact event would have caused massive damage to all lifeforms on Earth. The event is documented in two books. It corresponds to the Great Flood during the time of Noah and the ark. It also corresponds to the book called Atlantis. They cover this event from multiple locations on Earth. A suspect that Atlantis existed in one of the island chains making up Central America. Because water levels rose after this event, this island is now buried under a few hundred feet of ocean today. These two books describe the almost total destruction of life on this planet as a result. It is interesting to note that Atlantis was an advanced civilization which had developed several advanced skills that were lost after this event and the Earth still has not matched some of these skills. This impact event could have caused the eruption of Cambi Flegrei along with several other volcanoes scattered around the world. These eruptions would have contributed to the wave of destruction that followed the impact event. We saw evidence of this type of impact in 1994. (The Comet Shoemaker–Levy 9 impact provided the first direct observation of an extraterrestrial collision of Solar System objects, when the comet broke apart and collided with Jupiter in July 1994.) In other words, an impact event would set of a chain reaction that could destroy much of the life on Earth. This was the type of event that occurred around 13,000 years ago on Earth.

jimmy m.