Page 47 of 50 [ 798 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

What Is Your Myers-Brigs Personality Type?
ISTP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISTP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
INTJ 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
INTJ 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
ISTJ 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
ISTJ 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
INFP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
INFP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
INTP 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
INTP 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISTP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISTP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISTP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISTP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
INFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
INFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
INTJ 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
INTJ 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
INTP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
INTP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISFJ 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISFJ 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISTJ 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISTJ 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISTP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISTP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 32

midnightfrost88
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2014, 12:08 pm

My type is ISTJ

Introvert (100%), Sensing (1%), Thinking (25%), Judging (56%)

I have a strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion
I have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition
I have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling
I have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving

ISTJs are often called inspectors. They have a keen sense of right and wrong, especially in their area of interest and/or responsibility. They are noted for devotion to duty. Punctuality is a watchword of the ISTJ.

As do other Introverted Thinkers, ISTJs often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold. Effusive expression of emotional warmth is not something that ISTJs do without considerable energy loss.

ISTJs are most at home with "just the facts, Ma'am." They seem to perform at highest efficiency when employing a step-by-step approach. Once a new procedure has proven itself (i.e., has been shown "to work,") the ISTJ can be depended upon to carry it through, even at the expense of their own health.

ISTJs are easily frustrated by the inconsistencies of others, especially when the second parties don't keep their commitments. But they usually keep their feelings to themselves unless they are asked. And when asked, they don't mince words. Truth wins out over tact. The grim determination of the ISTJ vindicates itself in officiation of sports events, judiciary functions, or an other situation which requires making tough calls and sticking to them.

Their SJ orientation draws the ISTJ into the service of established institutions. Home, social clubs, government, schools, the military, churches -- these are the bastions of the SJ

I felt that the test result was very accurate. I do get really frustrated when people don't keep their commitments. I do also have the tendency to be truthful even when it's not ideal. I don't think I'm really 100% introverted but I have a tendency to appear distant to other people. That's only because I don't always know how to interact with them.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 5:57 pm

I just took the test again, and got this:

ISTJ
Introvert(100%) Sensing(12%) Thinking(25%) Judging(11%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

I'm sort of surprised as I thought that being unemployed for two months would change something, but my results are almost exactly the same as they were when I last took this test, back when I was still in the workforce.

mittencat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jul 2014, 2:27 am

INTJ

Introvert(100%) iNtuitive(62%) Thinking(75%) Judging(44%)
You have distinct preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (75%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

brackets
Raven
Raven

22 Jul 2014, 1:18 am

INTJ
Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(38%) Thinking(62%) Judging(33%)
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

I always seem to get ISTJ or INTJ on the test, but whenever I read the descriptions, INTP is definitely the best fit. So I usually say I'm an INTP -- I don't have enough devotion to duty or conformist tendencies to be ISTJ or enough of a commanding presence or work ethic to be INTJ.

Icequeen1
Raven
Raven

26 Jul 2014, 2:41 pm

I got ISFJ

Introvert 78%
Sensing 38%
Feeling 12%
Judging 22%

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2014, 9:27 pm

INTJ

CoffinCrawler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Aug 2014, 9:59 pm

INTP

Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(12%) Perceiving(11%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

Parade
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Aug 2014, 1:15 pm

Your (My) Type:
INFJ
Introvert(22%) iNtuitive(12%) Feeling(50%) Judging(11%)

You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (22%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

INFJs are distinguished by both their complexity of character and the unusual range and depth of their talents. Strongly humanitarian in outlook, INFJs tend to be idealists, and because of their J preference for closure and completion, they are generally "doers" as well as dreamers. This rare combination of vision and practicality often results in INFJs taking a disproportionate amount of responsibility in the various causes to which so many of them seem to be drawn.

INFJs are deeply concerned about their relations with individuals as well as the state of humanity at large. They are, in fact, sometimes mistaken for extroverts because they appear so outgoing and are so genuinely interested in people -- a product of the Feeling function they most readily show to the world. On the contrary, INFJs are true introverts, who can only be emotionally intimate and fulfilled with a chosen few from among their long-term friends, family, or obvious "soul mates." While instinctively courting the personal and organizational demands continually made upon them by others, at intervals INFJs will suddenly withdraw into themselves, sometimes shutting out even their intimates. This apparent paradox is a necessary escape valve for them, providing both time to rebuild their depleted resources and a filter to prevent the emotional overload to which they are so susceptible as inherent "givers." As a pattern of behavior, it is perhaps the most confusing aspect of the enigmatic INFJ character to outsiders, and hence the most often misunderstood -- particularly by those who have little experience with this rare type.

Due in part to the unique perspective produced by this alternation between detachment and involvement in the lives of the people around them, INFJs may well have the clearest insights of all the types into the motivations of others, for good and for evil. The most important contributing factor to this uncanny gift, however, are the empathic abilities often found in Fs, which seem to be especially heightened in the INFJ type (possibly by the dominance of the introverted N function).

This empathy can serve as a classic example of the two-edged nature of certain INFJ talents, as it can be strong enough to cause discomfort or pain in negative or stressful situations. More explicit inner conflicts are also not uncommon in INFJs; it is possible to speculate that the causes for some of these may lie in the specific combinations of preferences which define this complex type. For instance, there can sometimes be a "tug-of-war" between NF vision and idealism and the J practicality that urges compromise for the sake of achieving the highest priority goals. And the I and J combination, while perhaps enhancing self-awareness, may make it difficult for INFJs to articulate their deepest and most convoluted feelings.

Usually self-expression comes more easily to INFJs on paper, as they tend to have strong writing skills. Since in addition they often possess a strong personal charisma, INFJs are generally well-suited to the "inspirational" professions such as teaching (especially in higher education) and religious leadership. Psychology and counseling are other obvious choices, but overall, INFJs can be exceptionally difficult to pigeonhole by their career paths. Perhaps the best example of this occurs in the technical fields. Many INFJs perceive themselves at a disadvantage when dealing with the mystique and formality of "hard logic", and in academic terms this may cause a tendency to gravitate towards the liberal arts rather than the sciences. However, the significant minority of INFJs who do pursue studies and careers in the latter areas tend to be as successful as their T counterparts, as it is *iNtuition* -- the dominant function for the INFJ type -- which governs the ability to understand abstract theory and implement it creatively.

In their own way, INFJs are just as much "systems builders" as are INTJs; the difference lies in that most INFJ "systems" are founded on human beings and human values, rather than information and technology. Their systems may for these reasons be conceptually "blurrier" than analogous NT ones, harder to measure in strict numerical terms, and easier to take for granted -- yet it is these same underlying reasons which make the resulting contributions to society so vital and profound.

Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life.Those who are activists - INFJs gravitate toward such a role - are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.

INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden.They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress.INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless.The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ.

"There's something rotten in Denmark." Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led. These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time.Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.

INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.

Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.

Some famous INFJs include Aristophanes, Chaucer, Goethe and Robert Burns ... I'm not complaining!

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2014, 9:41 am

I'm not sure I trust these personality tests. I've done them twice in my life; the first time I was revealed to be an ENFP, the second time I turned out an ISTJ - which are like opposites... :?

Virgofall
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Aug 2014, 8:05 pm

Introvert(89%) Sensing(1%) Thinking(75%) Judging(89%)
You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (89%)

For all the times I've done these (I enjoy personality tests and the like), my results are pretty consistently ISTJ with similarly consistent percentages. Once someone takes my S/I preference percentage into account, though, it seems like I'm most effectively a hybrid of INTJ and ISTJ as some aspects I don't fit from being ISTJ, I fit from INTJ.

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2014, 3:33 am

INTP
Introvert(100%) iNtuitive(38%) Thinking(62%) Perceiving(11%)

You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)

mrrhq
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Sep 2014, 1:55 am

I know I am an INTP. I just answered the questions really quickly based on how I felt about them or how I wanted to.

INTP
Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(1%) Perceiving(22%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

I think lots of things I have learned have pulled me closer to the center. I just can't be bothered with being a strong INTP anymore.

psot2

24 Sep 2014, 7:13 pm

INTJ
Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(75%) Thinking(12%) Judging(1%)
You have distinct preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

Looks like a lot of people scored similarly.

ajpd1989
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2014, 11:22 pm

Introvert(100%) iNtuitive(62%) Thinking(88%) Perceiving(56%)
You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)
You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (56%)

This is from a different, but similar test.
Every test I've taken I've either gotten INTP or INTJ though.

SquidinHostBody
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Oct 2014, 12:58 am

INTP

Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(62%) Thinking(75%) Perceiving(11%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)

Erieks

19 Oct 2014, 4:46 am

I think I'm somewhere between INTJ and INTP. I've got both results from different versions of MBTI quiz and it seems to change through time. I can never tell for sure what am I. :? Anyone got the same problem with me?

I got INTJ this time:
Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(31%) Thinking(69%) Judging(1%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (31%)
You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (69%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

We cross our bridges when we come to them, and burn them behind us with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke and a presumption that once our eyes watered. - Tom Stoppard