Page 7 of 10 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 12:05 am

Thank everyone for your best wishes before, during and after the surgery.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

B19
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 12:47 am

Welcome back :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 1:40 am

Your mind is definitely quite active.

Here's wishing for a cure for you!

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 5:39 pm

I am happy that you made it through the third surgery. I can't understand what you are going through. I did have major surgery once and I remember feeling like I had become part of the equipment. I couldn't wait to get the IV out if my arm. But mine was not as invasive a surgery.

I'm going to say something completely tact less now ... have you discussed palliative care with your doctor and how you want to spend your end of life? I'm asking not to upset you, but because doctors are often a little more gung ho then is desirable. They want to fix things, to manipulate them. And that's great, but make sure you are the one making the call, not them.

In the meantime, I wish you strength and urge you to seek out satisfaction in the moment.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 5:45 pm

I think you have an excellent attitude--and am so glad you've made good use of the Internet.

You say some wise things, indicating that you're not letting your condition affect you.

Keep up the good work, Sir.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2016, 4:00 am

androbot01 wrote:
I am happy that you made it through the third surgery. I can't understand what you are going through. I did have major surgery once and I remember feeling like I had become part of the equipment. I couldn't wait to get the IV out if my arm. But mine was not as invasive a surgery.

I'm going to say something completely tact less now ... have you discussed palliative care with your doctor and how you want to spend your end of life? I'm asking not to upset you, but because doctors are often a little more gung ho then is desirable. They want to fix things, to manipulate them. And that's great, but make sure you are the one making the call, not them.

In the meantime, I wish you strength and urge you to seek out satisfaction in the moment.

No diagnosis of terminal cancer so no need to discuss pallitive care at this time. I do have a long term care insurance in case that does happen. If that does happen I will let you know.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2016, 4:53 am

Well, that's good to hear.

Damn cancer. It took my father after a 20 year battle. Skin, colon and finally prostate.

I cannot imagine losing the ability to speak. It must be very frustrating. I'm glad you have support.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2016, 10:24 am

I will be starting radiation and low dose chemo treatments. The radiation will be 5 days a week for twenty minutes a day. The chemo is once a week intravenously for a few hours. There will be side effects, thick siliva, soreness, altered taste and losing taste, fatigue. The exact date the treatments start is unknown but should be in the next couple of weeks.

Between physical, speech, and occuptional therapy and not feeling well some things in my life will need to be dropped for a period of time while this is going on. Wrong planet especially with its buggy software is the special interest that takes the most time so i will likely take a leave of absence from here once the treatments start.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2016, 10:42 am

We'll be anxiously waiting for your return if you disappear for a little while. Feel free to email me directly if you get bored and would like to talk. My email address is on my wordpress (see signature).

Do you have less taxing interests to take your mind off of this scary stuff while you're recuperating?

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2016, 10:52 am

I went through radiation. It sounds trite but you take it one day at a time. "Today is Monday, I have radiation at 9:00," like that.

You have my very fond wishes for a successful outcome.

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2016, 1:37 pm

Sending good vibes for the best outcome possible. :heart:

I will miss your wonderful, informative posts...

Take care.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2016, 5:50 pm

Hey Sir.

You're doing really well. I'm glad you're still posting on Wrong Planet.

How's the speech therapy coming along?

I wish you the best, my friend.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 12:04 am

Speech and swallow therapy is coming along slowly. I can swallow water easily now using a syring. I can only speak using gutteral sounds. Nuking the area for 6 weeks will probably slow things down or set things back.

Thank you for all the support.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 5:13 pm

I am hoping and praying for your recovery. Blessings to you. :heart:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 4:25 pm

PET Scan next week, radiation and chemo the following week.
So your stuck with me a couple of more weeks

B19
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 4:46 pm

What a labyrinthine process it is...if only our collective best wishes could heal you, your recovery would be complete...Iall the very best for your passage through the next couple of weeks. Will be thinking of you a lot.