Page 5 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2015, 6:10 pm

Godzilla Woman, thank you for sharing that painful memory. You make an excellent point in saying that the survivors did not know and could not prevent this outcome. And thank you for the testimonial that the wound is very deep and longlasting.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 4:39 pm

B19 wrote:
This thread should not have been opened in the Haven at all, Pezar.

The Haven is here for the seeking or receiving of support for difficulties any member is experiencing in their own lives, it isn't for philosophical/political speculation at any time, nor your opinions of contentious matters; every poster here needs be aware of and sensitive to the purpose of this forum at all times, not losing sight of the fact that some people come here because they are at the very edge of desperation - you don't want to be the thoughtless poster whose mindless or callous comment tips them over the edge.

Moved to In Depth Adult Life Forum.

My intent was to get people who may be thinking of suicide to think about how their act may/will hurt those around them. I wanted such people to realize that even though the pain may end for them, for their loved ones it never will. If I was wrong in that, I apologize. I simply wanted to help people see that suicide leaves many more people than the suicidal with deep hurt that never really goes away. Somebody with depression tends to think that nobody will miss them or that people may even be happy if they died. I wanted to demonstrate that the opposite is true.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 4:52 pm

I'm sure your intentions were good, though that discussion really did have to be moved. Thanks for your apology, I understand where you were coming from Pezar.