Page 5 of 38 [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 38  Next

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 3:04 am

I was commonly referred to as the Queen B at home. I'll leave that to you to figure out. At school they would often call me a b***h, to which I would reply, "Yes, I am, but at least I'm not a stupid b***h."

And so it goes.

to save me from ruin

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 11:40 am

ZanneMarie wrote:
I was commonly referred to as the Queen B at home. I'll leave that to you to figure out. At school they would often call me a b***h, to which I would reply, "Yes, I am, but at least I'm not a stupid b***h."

And so it goes.

I was called "boucy boucy bawly" because I would bounce around on my butt all the time and when I hit something or would be forceably made to stop I would "bawl like a calf" and "the wiggle worm" from infant hood. Then my mother called me "the butterfly" in high school for looking so well dressed and groomed (when going to some function or other) but emerging from such a filthy room (chyrsilis)! I wanted my dad to call me "The Story Book Princess" after Howdy Doody's Princess Springsummerwinterfall, but he just called me "little girl" as in 'little girl, in this vale of tears, life is hard and you will have to . . blah, blah, blah" I always thought he said 'bale' of tears and missed the lecture part of his sermonette trying to figure out how all those tears got baled up like a cotton bale. I was also 'doggie' because I was kept in a leather harness and leash until I was 8 years old and grew so big it broke the strap between my legs. I still remember my mother saying "and I won't buy you another one!! !" even at 8 I knew she was crazy if she thought I was going to mind not having a new one.

at school I was "bad Breth" as that was my surname, and later in junior high locker rooms, I was "lemons" for reasons it took me until I was in my thirties to out grow. We didn't say 'b***h, or c**t, or slut" or any of those words that make others cringe, but they did not stint with 'dummy," "fast" and "bold" that meant the same things. and oh, I was mighty bold, mighty bold. My brother still will not speak to me, to this day he was so embarassed by me throughout his life. (In fact, to this day when some guy says "I like you like a brother" I get a chill down my spine because I don't want anyone to be to me like my brother. He used to trade me to the neighbor boys for electronics equipment.)
Merle

Last edited by sinsboldly on 12 May 2007, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 12:41 pm

My brothers love me for reasons unknown. I don't think I will ever understand that. They forgive me for everything and like dh, think everything that happens is someone else's fault. I think I suffer from spoiled, little sister syndrome.

to save me from ruin

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 4:39 pm

There's just so much on this page I want to cheer, and so much on this page that made me sad, and so much on this made me laugh (spewing diet coke on my keyboard), and so much that made me want to hug you all (but we're Aspies), that I just couldn't reference it all.

I really, really love you guys.

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 5:50 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
blessedmom wrote:
I finally got a job dealing that utilizes my sewing, yarn, knitting, obsession!! YAY YAY YAY :D :D
!

Yayyyyyy!! ! what great day! What smart people you are going to work for to find you !
and who WOULDN'T love people coming in and PAYING to be exposed to your knowledge and passion for what they love too?

I'd say you had a winner!

Merle

Thanks! You are such a sweetie! :D And I think it's cool that you found a place to live that seems to be so comfy!!
You should be very proud of turning into such a good person after all you've gone through. Bravo!

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 8:39 pm

blessedmom wrote:
Thanks! You are such a sweetie! :D And I think it's cool that you found a place to live that seems to be so comfy!!
You should be very proud of turning into such a good person after all you've gone through. Bravo!

Since I haven't changed from being the person I was before and while and after 'all I've gone through' I don't think I am turning into being anything else. ;D . but thank you for the compliment!

Merle

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 8:59 pm

You are a sweetie Merle! Always was and always were, and always.. er, am. And I'm glad that I'm not the only butt bouncer there ever was, Miss McBoing-Boing. :)

Love ya!
Chuck

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 9:15 pm

Quote:
You should be very proud of turning into such a good person after all you've gone through.

Now that I have read that a few times I see what you mean, Merle! It doesn't sound at all like what I meant! I think I will file that sentence in my annoying phrase box, right beside "I found it in the last place I looked". Of course, you stayed a good person! :wink: Thank you for pointing that out. :)

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2007, 8:47 am

Chuck wrote:
You are a sweetie Merle! Always was and always were, and always.. er, am. And I'm glad that I'm not the only butt bouncer there ever was, Miss McBoing-Boing. :)

Love ya!
Chuck

oh, my gawd, do YOU remember "Gerald McBoing, Boing" too?
he and Mr Magoo, I always related to!

Merle

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2007, 8:53 am

blessedmom wrote:
Quote:
You should be very proud of turning into such a good person after all you've gone through.

Now that I have read that a few times I see what you mean, Merle! It doesn't sound at all like what I meant! I think I will file that sentence in my annoying phrase box, right beside "I found it in the last place I looked". Of course, you stayed a good person! :wink: Thank you for pointing that out. :)

that is something to remember, for sure. I know that in our recovery groups (alcoholism, narcotics, over weight, etc.) we are always congratulating our selves for signs of reform, but with abuse and stuff, I think we were just clueless from the beginning. Clueless equates into
good simply because we mean no one harm, and want others to feel like we would want to feel and we make that a consious effort whenrelating with others.

Merle

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2007, 9:16 am

sinsboldly wrote:

Merle

I loved Mr Magoo! His muttering voice was the absolute best. :)

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2007, 10:12 am

Mr. Magoo was the best Scrooge there ever was. I loved watching that version of "A Christmas Carol".

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2007, 9:59 pm

Chuck wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:

Merle

I loved Mr Magoo! His muttering voice was the absolute best. :)

and I caught on to WHAT he was muttering, too. It was Jim Backus that did the voice and he was such a character! I also listened real close to what POPEYE muttered, it was always so enlightening!

I wonder if that is on the web somewhere, what Popeye and Mr Magoo muttered sotto voce

Merle

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 May 2007, 10:16 pm

What is your first name? Christina

Current perseverations: Infinity, God, Jung

When did you discover AS? when I came to WP

Do you have other psych diagnoses? zillions, starting in 1970

Do you have a degree? no, but not for lack of trying

Kids? no, absolutely no trying

Favorite music? Classical, 60's, jazz

Job? retired paralegal

Relationship with significant other, past or present? nope

Plans for the future? staying alive, reducing sensory input, getting a life

Anything else you feel is pertinent: I love all of you at WP

TrishC7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2007, 5:00 am

What is your first name? Tricia

Current perseverations: Reading, tv, weather, animals

When did you discover AS? A year or two ago, but not too aware of it until about a month ago
when I saw something about it on tv & started researching on the
Internet. My therapist is working to get me set up for an
AS assessment.

Do you have other psych. dxs? Currently, bipolar. Previously, depr./panic & anxiety disorders.

Do you have a degree? No; have 2 years of college; each time hit a major depression
after a reasonably successful year. The second time, I
managed a straight 'A' average. I love to learn; would like
to be a lifelong student if I could manage it. I have some
physical disabilities as well, so it would be very difficult to go
back right now.

Kids? No; never felt I could be a good mother and would rather not
be one than be a bad one.

Favorite music? Varies; everything from Talking Heads to the blues to classic rock

Job? Disabled. Most recently was a dog trainer (loved it!), but for
years worked in the corp. world, in customer service, database,
training, tech. writing, supervision

Relationship w/ sign. other, past or present? Was married twice to same man, big mistake. He
was seriously mentally ill which I probably could have dealt with,
but separately a jerk and very abusive.

Plans for the future? Hard to imagine; I'm pretty depressed right now. I want to move
to a different apt. Would like to get past the paralyzing depr. and
anxiety, get back into training or go back to school, study
behavior & learning theory, work in education or advocacy for
autistics, mentally ill, that kind of thing.

Anything else you feel pertinent? I'm just glad to be here. I've been very isolated for a few
years now, hard to have friends in the 'real' world and WP helps
me know I'm not alone & gives me some hope.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 4:36 pm

Glad yer here, TrishC7 ! !!