Page 31 of 38 [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next

Mike_the_EE
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Feb 2014, 3:46 pm

Yes, I read this thread as well.

That drawing is totally amazing! You have an incredible talent.

Aspie Score 141 of 200
NT Score 50 of 200

OnPorpoise
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Feb 2014, 12:13 am

I read it too. I hope you're selling your art, you're good!

DoubleCatrin
Toucan
Toucan

17 Feb 2014, 7:06 am

Ow cool :o

Thank you both for liking my art :D Thank you very much :D

imaginary? bartender at
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=262032&start=285

Mike_the_EE
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Feb 2014, 8:12 pm

DoubleCatrin wrote:
Ow cool :o

Thank you both for liking my art :D Thank you very much :D

I went through your gallery. Some very impressive stuff. I didn't leave any comments, really not qualified, but I did like a number of your drawings. I particularly liked some of the pencil sketches like the one that you posted here.

Aspie Score 141 of 200
NT Score 50 of 200

DoubleCatrin
Toucan
Toucan

19 Feb 2014, 8:26 am

Mike_the_EE wrote:
I went through your gallery. Some very impressive stuff. I didn't leave any comments, really not qualified, but I did like a number of your drawings. I particularly liked some of the pencil sketches like the one that you posted here.

Thank you :D I makes me happy to see people like my drawings, gives me hope :)

imaginary? bartender at

Tomas73
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Feb 2014, 10:22 am

What does Dino-style mean?

DoubleCatrin
Toucan
Toucan

19 Feb 2014, 11:47 am

Have no idea but maybe the creator of the thread can explain

imaginary? bartender at

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 9:56 am

I presume, it means the "oldfashioned way".

Tomas73
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Feb 2014, 6:38 am

Ok, that makes sense now. Thanks. ' Not likely to be understood here though (is it?) :/ :)

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2014, 10:43 pm

(shrug)

Sue866
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Feb 2014, 2:27 pm

What is your first name? Sue

Current perseverations: Not sure what this means... Obsessions? If so, too many to list.

When did you discover AS? Currently self-diagnose but working with professionals

Do you have other psych diagnoses? Depression, anxiety, social avoidant

Do you have a degree? Working on Bachelor's in.... don't know what yet.

Kids? Yes, one son who is grown.

Favorite music, other than NIN :lol: I love, love, love music from classical to (some) rap. I love dance, techno, trance, foreign music (also in foreign languages), 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and on and on.... I own 500+ CDs and so many mp3s that I've lost count of storage level. Music is the one thing that gets me through...

Job? Currently full-time student

Relationship with significant other, past or present? Never married - but dating someone with more Asperger's than me.

Plans for the future? Hopefully become more functioning.

RDOS result:
Your Aspie score: 161 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 67 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

AlienorAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2014, 4:40 am

What is your first name? It's origin is Alienor

Age: 28 . I hope you will accept me fully here. Although people always think im younger, I have always felt like my brain is about 150. Age is just a number!

Current perseverations: Where to start?! Wrong planet/autism i guess ha, but anything and EVERYTHING between philosophy, science, religion, social issues, anything that annoys me about the "collective consciousness" in this ridiculous world.

When did you discover AS? Within the last 2 months. I'm undiagnosed but it is so obvious to me. Almost wish I hadnt got so "good" at appearing sociable, because even my family or friends think its yet another thing i'm getting obsessed about- errr... hello?

Do you have other psych diagnoses? No, I have a massive mis-trust of doctors and this is the first time i'm looking for professional opinions; I decided I need to ask for help more often, and the diagnosis will help me do that in the future. I have mentioned depression in the past but they couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery (even I could do that!) so the referral has been lost in the "system" twice so far.

Do you have a degree? Yep, I've got a BA(hons) fashion design and tech: footwear, from London college of fashion.

Kids? Hopefully someday- me and the OH havent been 'careful' for nearly 5 years so I've just given up but were going for tests. (looking into the AS has helped me with the infertility issue because I realise that mothering isnt the ONLY thing I could do successfully. There is a possibility I could do the "normal" things just for me!

Favorite music; This is a question i really struggle with because I havent formed a pre-determined answer. I like anything that makes me "feel" a lot- death metal to RnB but i guess i listen to mostly punk/rocky things. Classical music, for some unknown reason, makes me really angry.

Job? Set up my bespoke footwear business, then my lack of organisational/coping skills, then family situations, meant I had to abandon it. I'm a carer for my grandparents now and have 2 houses to renovate in the next few weeks/months.

Relationship with significant other, past or present? I'm with a lovely man who is (according to my own diagnosis) a mild aspie too. He has been diagnosed with dyspraxia (but can play the guitar beautifully and wont show his talents to anyone, even me). When he's run-down he cant form sentences, and often expects me to know what he's thinking etc. I've had a few long-term relationships with aspie-types. I think they like that I'm not fussy and I understand that people need their own space/to do things their own way etc, but I have been massively naive in the past and just believed anything they said because I wanted it to be true.

Plans for the future? To be able to "function" and to find a way to have that career I should be so capable of.

Anything else you feel is pertinent: Nice to meet you all- I read the last few pages of the thread but not all of it!

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 4:55 am

HI! Welcome!

"Classical music, for some unknown reason, makes me really angry".....even Vivaldis "Spring"? :D

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 6:18 am

Hi AlienorAspie and welcome!

Here is video clip of me playing a song by a famous British band:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIrTjcHCNOc[/youtube]

This was filmed a couple of years ago. I actually play and especially sing better now than then. This was filmed by someone who was hired to assist me, but that person was since let go and my new helper doesn't have any device to film me with. And because of my autism I have no friends or acquaintances to ask. I tried really hard to get filmed again this year, even asking a professional videographer if he would accept payments over time. He had said if he could show up (at this same gym) he would film me for the hell of it, but he hasn't shown up yet and next Monday night is the last chance I will have to be filmed inside this gym until next winter (so far as I know).

I am grateful that this school lets me ride in their gym in wintertime. When this video was filmed in 2012 it was the first time in thirty years of bicycle guitaring that I was able to ride and play in the winter months (I can't do it if it is cold or wet outside). This past winter especially I have been riding an hour or so twice a week for the past couple months and I am starting this spring in much better physical condition than in recent years past.

muna
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Apr 2014, 12:04 pm

Location: Colorado for now. About to be homeless with a dishwasher. :D The husband and I are moving into a trailer.

Current perseverations: Geography. Climate cycles. All things having to do with surviving in nature without the trappings of civilization. Cats, particularly trying to figure out their body language like I do with people. Different ways people live around the world and cultural differences. I think that interests me because figuring out the reason behind different actions in different cultures allows me to get the principles behind social things I don't understand and makes it seem easier somehow. Anyways, I think this was just supposed to be a list...

When did you discover AS? When I was fifteen I got stuck in a special school for kids with problems... There was one girl there who had odd body language and only wore sweatpants. They said she had Aspergers. I thought, "I think I have that, but life has been sink or swim enough that I learned to wear jeans." And then I didn't really think about it for a lot of years because I didn't realize how important that was to making my life make sense. Also I was super busy just trying to keep swimming for another decade or so after that. Now that I'm early 30-something, I'm seeing it's key and embracing the probable fact of the matter. I'm trying to get my old psych records and working up towards seeking a diagnosis.

Do you have other psych diagnoses? I've been diagnosed with depression but that's better now. The GAD is very much alive and kicking. My husband, who spent several years in the army, once mentioned he thinks he sees some PTSD in me. It's a good thing I live in Colorado because ....u actually helps. Schizo type disorders were mentioned but never diagnosed when I was much younger, like 10 or 12ish.

Do you have a degree? I have a general studies associates degree from a community college. It took me 12 years to finish that. I think I'm pretty much done with formal education.

Kids? I got my tubes tied as soon as I was able to get the money together, and made some major sacrifices to make that happen. A resounding no on that.

Favorite music, other than NIN? I like lots of things that sort of fit the rock/blues/folk/alternative genres. I also like classical and big band as long as there aren't too many sharp, high-pitched horns.

Job? I work two days a week as a caregiver for a client who is usually sleeping for at least half of my shift.

Relationship with significant other, past or present? Married to an ADD. I can't say enough amazing things about how supportive he has been of me.

Plans for the future? We're about to move into a trailer. He drives, and I think I might be able to drive down flat dirt roads with no other traffic. And we're going to live in the entire Western half of the continental United States and have so much fun. And I'll be able to learn about all of the edible plant species and he will be able to play guitar in the wilderness and have mental space. We are both so excited and happy. Like literally after we get in the trailer and start traveling I will have everything I have dreamed life could give me: A quiet, simple nomadic lifestyle with a hot best friend and two cats where I will rarely have to see or deal with other people and can't hear traffic noise. Yay!

Anything else you feel is pertinent: You guys are really cool. I learn so much by reading this site. Thank you.

manof1900
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2014, 11:12 pm

Current perseverations: Nudism; true crime shows; a little too much internet

When did you discover AS? I was diagnosed about 3 years ago, after my daughter was diagnosed. Before that I struggled mightily but didn't know why. Now I know.

Do you have other psych diagnoses? Nothing other than Asperger related anxiety and depression

Do you have a degree? B.A. and J.D.

Kids? 4

Favorite music almost everything, but especially Lyle Lovett; Mark Knopfler; Grateful Dead; Dave Matthews Band.

Job? attorney

Relationship with significant other, past or present? stormy 25 year marriage to an NT has ended; looking forward to the future. I've never had problems meeting women, but have had problems feeling empathetic.

Plans for the future? Continued personal and professional growth; watching my children mature and becoming a grandfather eventually; achieving financial security; entering into a happy long term romantic relationship.