Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2007, 4:47 pm

That seems odd (4Give me if this is an old topic)
Ive no opjection to a women-only forum , BUT...If it's "Wynnnn are opressed",well,yes,often they are butespecially I think male Aspies-generally not "macho/tough" have problems unique to themselves

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 4:57 pm

Maybe it was not getting enough posts.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 5:22 pm

Sigh. I don't know all the details, but it had something to do with the creation of this forum. For some reason, somebody felt it was necessary to get rid of the men's forum if this one were to be created. I was not in favor of it, it all just happened so fast, but here we are. I've been ranting all over the place about the way this whole thing was handled. I expect I am on somebody's s**t list.

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 5:34 pm

Member's only can merge with this one or The Haven. That would free up the space to bring back Men's Only. I'm sorry I hadn't noticed. I don't go to the Adult's/Women's or any of the Art forums.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 8:13 pm

posts were (I think - not actually looked) transferred to the "Adult" forum, not deleted.

alex
Developer
Developer

08 May 2007, 9:08 pm

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
posts were (I think - not actually looked) transferred to the "Adult" forum, not deleted.

right.

also, noone was really posting in it.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 1:03 am

KimJ wrote:
Member's only can merge with this one or The Haven. That would free up the space to bring back Men's Only.

Idea of doing something with "Members Only" section makes sense. As it currently exists, the "Members Only" section has no unifying theme, so it would be tough to shift it's contents into just one other section. Putting the "Members Only" threads into "General" would be inappropriate, but putting them in "Adult" doesn't seem okay, either.
Haven't a solution to how to disperse that section's threads, since it would be far too time-consuming trying to sort out all the different ones that might be relocated under various headings. Hmmm...
"Haven" & "Adult" sections already are (by virtue of not being available to those not logged in) "Members Only", though-so having a standalone section called "Members Only" seems redundant.
Certain (pre-existing) sections could be considered/classified/categorized as "Members Only": Men's, Women's (which continues to be viewable from (unlogged-in) index page, yet the men's & adult ones were not !), Haven, Adult, and so on. The rest (general, news, sports, music) would continue to be not "Members Only", open-to-public sections.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 2:41 am

uubermaster wrote:
it's because the feminest b*****s and want to kill all lmen

well

f uck them

NT POWER!! !

ooooooooooo troll yummy.

come here little boy, let's play a game, come to daddy.

PSSST come here want a clue on how to reproduce? reproduce= +2 big word sound it out.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 8:18 am

uubermaster wrote:

well

f uck them

NT POWER!! !

what is an "Imen" anyway?

and let's be frank, NTs already HAVE all the power, so this is pretty redundant. Have you thought this line of reasoning out, uubermater?

Merle

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 9:35 am

sinsboldly wrote:
uubermaster wrote:

well

f uck them

NT POWER!! !

what is an "Imen" anyway?

and let's be frank, NTs already HAVE all the power, so this is pretty redundant. Have you thought this line of reasoning out, uubermater?

Merle

Chill, we nuked em last night while yous was a poundin our pretty blues or browns or greens or..... didn't even get to play :cry:

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 10:52 pm

Maybe since so many men were posting in the women's only section the powers that be didn't see any need to have a men's forum.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 6:36 pm

Ticker wrote:
Maybe since so many men were posting in the women's only section the powers that be didn't see any need to have a men's forum.

what do yopu think of TM1's comment that practically all of WP is a men's forum?

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 6:50 pm

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
Ticker wrote:

what do yopu think of TM1's comment that practically all of WP is a men's forum?

Well I don't think the men rule all of WP. There seems to be a lot of gals here. I still highly debate that 4:1 gender ratio for autism. Girls are just able to hide it better. I would say the Love and Dating forum is male dominated though because most female Aspies eventually get to the don't give a s**t phase after having a taste of the world of relationships and abuse.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 7:24 pm

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
Ticker wrote:

I think it's bull. But, it doesn't really matter. The Men's section was pretty much
dead, and struck me as being mainly filled with stuff that really belonged more
in the adult section anyhow. I know that, although I looked in it, I'm just as happy
to see it gone.